“Great Ramen! Bring a friend!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,137 Restaurants in Quezon City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Ramen! Bring a friend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Their ramen is nothing like I've tasted before. Even the pork is very flavorful and tender! But I recommend you bring a friend cause the servings are quite big especially for a petite girl like me. It's a little bit pricey too so it'd be nice to split a ramen and split the bill too! Lol! The dining area isn't as big compared to the restaurants beside but it's homey and the seating makes you feel like you're still part of the crowd---No wonder it's called "happiness" ramen.

Manila
“Authentic and Delicious Ramen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

With the latest ramen and tonkatsu craze in the country, I was a bit reluctant to try another ramen place that probably offers the same thing. A friend highly recommended this restaurant and while reading good raves about this restaurant, I became eager to try it. It was off my way, but I went to try it anyway.

Like all new restaurants, the place is packed and I had to wait in line. But once entered, the not-so-big place makes you feel you are in Osaka. The set-up is very Japanese. The one-page menu was given to us and there were about 6 noodle choices and 5 rice choices with some sides. Since we were four in the group, we tried to order "everything on the menu".

Words cannot really describe how good and authentic the ramen were. Some ramen places serve ramen that makes you doubt the ingredients they use, but here at Hanamaruken, you can really taste its authenticity. The soup and onions balanced well with the noodles. So here is what we ordered:
- Gyoza - definitely one of the best Gyoza I have ever tried. The crispiness of the dumpling skin, softness of the dough, and the mouth-watering filling really creates harmony in one bite.
- Spicy Tabanjon Ramen - not really a fan of spicy, but the server said that it was one of the best sellers. The soup is spicy yet not something that will burn your throat, but kinda soothes it.
- Curry Tantan Ramen - for me, this is spicier than the Spicy Tabanjon Ramen, but the neutral taste of the ground pork balanced it all, and to my surprise, the soup is not too salty.
- Pot Ribs Ramen - you can taste the pork ribs in the soup. The noodles are soft yet chewy and it is really fun to eat.
- Salary Man Ramen - made with pork shoulders, thinly sliced, yummy to the bite.

We wanted to try their Signature Ribs Ramen but the last one was served before us. I'm pretty sure it is delicious as well since its ribs that has been cooked for a long time. Something worth going back to try. I hope the continued consistency of the dishes of this restaurant though. Looking forward to great moments.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yum Ramen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hanamaruken is on all over my Facebook News Feed. So okay, I watched the video and dragged my boyfriend for us to try because we are such noodle soup fans. He tried the bestseller Happiness Ramen and I ordered Spicy Tobanjan. My meal, for my palate, was not spicy and too salty that I cringed while I eat it. Noodles was perfect despite of the taste. The meat compliments the whole dish.

On our second date, I tried their Happiness Rice Bowl and Gyoza (yey, available that day!!!). The rice bowl has a distinctive flavor sauce which spoils the flavor of the pork. Or just too many sauce? Meat is okay, just that I'm not a fan of happiness or that too much/generous pork. Gyoza were okay.

The people were real great and friendly and helpful... 2 thumbs up!!! :)

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Quezon City
“A Great Ramen Place at the Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The place has a cool and clean presentation (Zenlike if anything) and seating is comfortable even on the bar stools. The queue can be daunting on a Sunday brunch as many diners patiently wait to get seated. They have a simple menu, just one menu card, so its easy to order. Unfortunately I was not able to get the Signature Happiness Ramen. It was only 11:30 am and its already out of stock. I was a bit disappointed so I ordered the Tan Tan Mien Curry Ramen. Its very good and not too spicy. The curry is just right. Most times the curry is predominant in flavor but this one has a good balance with the shoyu soup base. Also ordered tamago but it is not up to par. I like it runny and this one is just boiled egg cut in half. The noodles are so-so. Service crew are well-trained and knows their stuff. So far its the only decent ramen place in the area and thank goodness it was there when I was craving for one.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Quezon City, Philippines
“The Best Pork Rib Ramen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I'm a noodles person. Whether it's stir fry, Chinese mami or Japanese ramen, I would gladly pass up any dish if there's a noodle dish at hand.

After a last minute shopping spree at Trinoma, my husband and I wandered around to look for something to eat. We came across a new restaurant at the 2nd level garden atrium and my eyes lit up when I saw it's a ramen house.

The restaurant decor is modern asian; clean, minimalist and simple. Just wrought iron, glass and wood. We sat by in a table by the door since the place was already full. They have a simple menu and those who don't like to be overcome with choices would love this place.

We ordered their specialty which is Happiness Ramen and when we tasted it my husband joked that the reason they called it happiness is because it's quite sinful.

Imagine, a slab of pork rib slow braised to the point that it's falling off its bones in a shoyu based soup. The noodles itself is very flavorful.

Warning to those with hypertension: the broth itself might be harmful to your health for it seems all the flavor of the pork rib has been poured into the broth.

The serving is quite big since I cannot finish it off by myself when I have no problem with other ramen servings before. (Or maybe because it was that rich!)

Price is a little bit on the high side since the ramen cost around 400+ but as always price is relative.

Definitely we'll be coming back and I'm excited to go through their entire ramen menu!

• Visited December 2013