“Good food but small rooms ideal for live-out trainings.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sequoia Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sequoia Hotel to your Saves list
Sequoia Hotel
91 - 93 Mother Igancia Avenue (Corner Timog Avenue), Quezon City, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #22 of 23 Quezon City B&B and Inns
Quezon City, Philippines
“Good food but small rooms ideal for live-out trainings.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Its a new hotel in Quezon City along Timog avenue corner Mother Ignacia street. We stayed there for a 2D 3N training. The food was delicious and a bit pricey. The rooms were small compared to other hotels in the area. There were no built in cabinets and hair dryer in the rooms. Though the staff were friendly and ready to assist us. I think they should also provide amenities like swimming pool or gym for their guests. Their room rates were pricey. The place is ideal for live out trainings and meetings because of their tasty food and spacious conference rooms.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Me and my friend walked in last week in Sequoia Hotel, first thing I've noticed, from the bellman to the Room Attendants, they are all very charming and respectful. At the front office, they immediately greeted us with a smile and when I ask for the rates, the front office personnel explained it and the amenities. From check in to our room which is in the 3rd floor, it took us only 10 mins, very quick. In our room, its very clean, clean white sheets and cosy ambiance. Very simple but clean with modern look. Aircon is cold, bed and pillows are comfortable. They have basic amenities but with their rates, it is fine. All in all, Sequoia Hotel is a place where you can stay to relax, not much fuss, private/quiet. Simple, Affordable and a real Friendly hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We 'housed' ourselves into this hotel for a weekend to get work done with an impending deadline looming. Check in was fairly quick from entering the door to getting to the standard room took about 15 minutes. As we got out of the lift, there was still the smell of dusty construction that met us. It was really quite spare.. nothing homey about this hotel nor the staff...I guess they have imbibed the somewhat gloomy aura of the place.

The hotel is touted as a business hotel. So, did it enable us to finish our work?

In terms of the environment -- The rooms are dimly lit and there is a small work table with only one chair for a room that is supposedly for two. There are no writing pads and only a single pencil is provided. One does not have an idea exactly of what business services (though it claims to have a business center) they provide as there is no listing in the room. I will grant this, their wifi was quite reliable. Also, with it being so close to Timog Avenue, the hotel is surprisingly quiet. Eerie.

Comfort -- The room is large and held two single beds that could be put together and make a large king sized bed. The bed and covers are comfy enough to ward off against the cold of the still brand new A/C. Since there are bare and rough tiled floors, one would hope for hotel slippers but there was none. The TV is still nice and crisp but the cable channels are limited. Remarkably, for a business hotel, there is no provision to make coffee or tea in the room. No newspaper either. Also, though the room was good for two, toiletries for only one person was provided.

Food -- we ordered room service from Ombu. The order taker was quite helpful with choices and patient. I thought, finally, cheery hotel staff but I learned after that the restaurant is a concessionaire. Anyways, we ordered laing and the Ombu fried chicken. In a word, the food was good. The chicken skin was quite crisp and the meat tender. Nice. The laing was just right on the spice.

We did not avail of the breakfast for an extra P250 per person. What is great about this hotel is the location and its proximity to other establishments. Why pay P250 per head when Burger King is just across the street? And all the other choices for food, for that matter.

Our take on this hotel is, if you are just looking for a bed to sleep on, this is it. The lighting in the room didn't really help me to expedite my work...gave me a headache. And I had to work on the bed because of the sparse work space. There is no ambience, no other creature comforts of home to make the business traveler feel less homesick. Don't expect much on service though...excepting the restaurant. Will I pay P2,999.00 again for this?...maybe if service is better and if they included breakfast and the appropriate number of provisions for two people.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Sent this to the hotel's facebook account-

Hi. I recently stayed at your hotel and I would like to tell you my displeasure. I availed of your deluxe room at a tariff rate of 5000 which includes breakfast for two against the promo rate of 3999, without breakfast. So, it would imply that the breakfast cost 500 per head for two persons. As we dined at the hotel's restaurant I read from your menu that the price of the plated breakfast is only 249 making it 488 for two persons. So what did I pay the other 500 pesos for??? I inquired the matter with the receptionist and the answer I got was the tariff rate is your regular rate for a buffet breakfast IN THE FUTURE. Why did you ask me to pay double your breakfast plate price? I only want my money's worth. I was planning to get the services of your hotel for my bridal suit this june that is why I am very disappointed with this matter.

• Stayed September 2013
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I didn't really stay at the hotel. We just ate at its restaurant, Ombu. But since there's no separate entry for it, I decided to make the review here instead.

We ate there twice, breakfast and lunch the following day.
I remember their hot choco, it's very good. And my boyfriend was so delighted about the free refils of his coffee haha.

The food is really good too, I remember Jamie getting an eggplant omelet and he really liked it. I had a modern twist of beef caldereta. It was served with mashed potatoes on top so it sort of looked like a pie. It was unique and delicious.

Stayed July 2013
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hardware is good. Expensive tiles, Hans grohe plumbing, clear tv. However, we checked in due to being stucked in Quezon City by flood brought about by Maring. We are a family of 4 and we got the big room with two big beds. We requested for additional slippers and toothbrushes bec there are only 2 in the room but we were told that the cost of the additional supplies would be deducted from our deposit. I told them that those are necessary stuff that should be provided bec we paid for the additional person. We got the toothbrush but not the slippers which would have costed additional 100 pesos. I must admit that the slippers are thicker than the usual paper thin we wear in othe hotels. However, after being wet and tired,, we would really appreciate having something dry on all our feet. In any venture, the most important is the human touch and it is lacking in this hotel. No hair drier in the room. Only one soap and a small tube of shampoo for four people to use. No paper or ball pen on this business hotel. No directory. Very zen.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

accidentally saw Sequoia while passing by Timog Ave., and we decided to try it. the location is very convenient, as its near restos (just in front is burger king!) and is the hotel is in the corner of Timog and Mother Ignacia. First impression, clean and classy lobby, the front desk/attendants are very friendly and accomodating. We got a standard room for 2 nights. The room is clean, no frills, with a big bed (2 single beds combined), LCD TV, small desk, good size toilet with reliable hot shower. Also comes with complementary wifi. also with parking, though the basement parking is a bit steep. breakfast is ok, in the lobby resto Ombu, which has very good food, very reasonably priced. The biggest surprise is how quiet the rooms are, considering the hotel is at the intersection of a very busy area. overall, we liked our stay here and will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sequoia Hotel? Share your experiences!