“Micro Hotel, Macro service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Acropolis

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Acropolis to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Acropolis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave. (C5), Bagumbayan, Quezon City, Luzon 1110, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Quezon City
Marikina City
“Micro Hotel, Macro service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for Christmas. It is a micro hotel but the rooms are spacious unlike Summit Ridge Hotel's (Tagaytay) narrow rooms. The queen-sized beds can accommodate 2-3 persons. Customer service is nice, greetings always given by staff. Nice bathroom, no bathtub for deluxe room but since we always went out to Eastwood and Tiendesitas, it's no issue. Food by Tito Chef is delicious. I think they made improvements with this area as I've read in former reviews that food was salty but I no longer encountered that during my stay here. Limited selection only for breakfast buffet but it's fine for me. I like the American Burger I ate for dinner at Tito Chef's! Internet connection is slow when you try to upload data or pictures but connection's fine when you intend to update your Facebook status.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms fronting the highway and rooms from the 3rd to 4th floors for you to have a view...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
AcropolisGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Acropolis, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I'm glad to hear that you had a good stay in Microtel Acropolis last Christmas and that the changes we've made had a positive impact on your stay. We're constantly improving our facilities and services to give all our guests the great hotel experience they deserve and have come to expect from all Microtels in the Philippines. Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a work trip. Room was clean, nice, and spacious. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Internet connection was extremely slow, really couldn't get much work done. Breakfast has limited selection, and they charge extra for tea, even though coffee was free. Many options for feed opposite the hotel (Eastwood community).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AcropolisGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Acropolis, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We are glad you found your room clean, nice and spacious and the staff friendly and helpful. We have asked our Internet service provider to improve the signal in your room and advised the restaurant of your concerns. Feedback such as yours helps us in our effort to continuously improve our facilities and services and we do appreciate you taking the time to post a review.
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The first thing that struck me is that the hotel is extremely clean. They are always mopping the floor, no carpets here, just tile. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are bright, good air conditioning (use the handheld remote). I dock them a circle for breakfast, it's just not very good. It's free, but you're not going to want to eat it every day. The Eastwood Mall and associated food courts are nearby, and you can go to one of several coffee shops, or the Pancake House.

You may need to ask for an extra blanket or combine blankets from the two beds if you get chilly. Also, there is no fitness room or pool here.

The wifi did work while I was here, keep in mind that if it goes down, it may not be their fault. I have notice spotty coverage in Quezon city and most of Manila. Even cell service (sometimes text messages do not go through). Careful walking around outside, it's extremely congested. But this place is very inexpensive. If you have to stay in Eastwood, this place is the cheap & clean way to go. If you want luxury, go to the Imperial Eastwood which is five minutes walk.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for posting a review of your recent stay in our hotel here in TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you again on your next business trip.
Sjhanghai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at the Microtel Inn for 5 nights. On the first afternoon I found that the WIFI does not work. That remained unchanged during the entire stay. The only way to get on their wifi is to go down to the lobby and stand at the reception counter with your laptop, which I was forced to do on several occasions. They made some efforts, and a lot of excuses, but did not fix the problem during my stay. Although the rooms were spacious and the location convenient I would never ever book another stay in this place as I need the internet to do business. They have a prominent "FREE WIFI" sign on their front window...it is worth exactly what you pay for it. Next time I will choose the Richmonde which is in the Eastwood Mall about a block away from this place. Also, the breakfast buffet was very basic and most of the food tasteless. The beds are comfortable, but the pillows are too stiff and gave me a stiff neck. I found cockroaches in the shower and hair in the shower and sink that was not mine.People are friendly of course, but they emphasize apologies and not action. It is too bad because the location is great and nothing really wrong with the facility. In order to do email I had to go over to restaurants in the Eastwood Mall which have free wifi with very good connections.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up and in the back; the hotel fronts a major street which is constantly jammed w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AcropolisGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Acropolis, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you could not get a good wi-fi signal during your stay; majority of our guests have not had any problems. When a guest has difficulty connecting to the Internet, the staff are able to assist by adjusting the settings on their laptop or mobile device.
In any case, we are constantly upgrading our facilities and you would be pleased to know that by the start of 2014, our Internet Service Provider would be increasing our bandwidth to a faster and more robust level to meet the ever-increasing demand for faster and more reliable Internet access.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we hope we get the chance to welcome you again on your next trip to the Philippines.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had our R&R at the New Microtel Hotel in Acropolis. Location-wise, it was a treasure trove since it is along the strip of restaurants along Libis and just right across Eastwood City.
Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Staff were courteous enough to assist us during our stay. We were lucky to have been assigned to a room away from the road side so we slept soundly during the night. The room was spacious enough to fit four people. Kudos to the cleanliness of the room, the amenities it offered (We got the double room suite) as well as the provisions of water and ice station. I was also amazed that they also provided hand sanitizers near the elevators, which shows that cleanliness is a priority in this hotel.

Areas for Improvement:
>> Our card key was not able to activate the lights/electricity though, I had to go call up front desk and request for new one that works. I was told that they would be sending a new one up, but 15 minutes have already passed, and still no person to knock on our door and give our new card key. I had to go down and request for new one myself.
>> Breakfast buffet was okay though, nothing much to expect but I do hope that they would improve the items they serve as some of the dishes were either too salty or too bland.

All in all, the price I paid for was worth it and we will definitely go back for future R&R's.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AcropolisGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Acropolis, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing Microtel Acropolis for your recent staycation in the City. We strive to provide all our guests with clean, comfortable, safe and secure value-for-money accommodations and we are glad that we managed to live up to expectations. We shall work on the areas for improvement you mentioned and hopefully we can welcome you again for your next R&R.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed for about a week at this Hotel. I'm not sure if its a newly renovated hotel but its pretty clean and nice. Check-in was easy. The receptionist was cute and eager to help you. When I opened the room, everything was clean with 2 queen beds, nice and firm. Good security deposit box. The air con is new and blazingly fast that gets the room cold in mins! Bathroom was clean. Wifi has average speed, The TV signal got lost, so I called the receptionist and with-in 2 mins the maintainance person was knocking at my door already. 3 mins walk to Eastwood just take the pedestrian flyover. C5 is a very busy road so expect bad traffic most of the time. Easy to hail a cab or just get it at eastwood. I'm a food lover but I'm sorry to say that the free breakfast buffet was very disappointing. The rice was hard and the lugaw. Seems like it wasn't fully cooked. But they have good coffee. I had my breakfast at Eastwood, lots of great restaurant there. Over all I was satisfied with my stay.

Room Tip: Look for a promo. Got my room for $38/night.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your last visit and thank you for taking the time to write a review about it. We're glad that you were satisfied with your stay. Feedback such as yours is important to us as we're constantly improving our facilities and services to give our guests the best hotel experience possible. We have discussed your comment regarding the breakfast with our restaurant concessionaire and they promised to take the necessary action. Hopefully we get the chance to serve you again on your next visit.
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Staff was courteous and friendly. Our room was spacious. Comfortable. Quiet place to have a goodnight sleep. Clean room. Good wi-fi connection. We had a nice experienced and will definitely booked again in the near future. Definitely will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Rene S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Acropolis, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for making Microtel Acropolis your hotel of choice in Quezon City. I'm very glad to hear that you had a nice experience in our hotel and we are truly grateful for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham - Acropolis? Share your experiences!