“Happy at Relish!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Relish: Hello, Happiness!

Relish: Hello, Happiness!
Dining options: Reservations
Asia
“Happy at Relish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We had an event for around 120 people at Relish, Hello Happiness last week. Since the 2nd floor could only sit a max of 100 peeps, we ended up also reserving the al fresco area on the G/F.

From inquiring about their packages to reserving the place, up until the event itself, Tina of Relish was so helpful and accommodating! She replied to emails promptly and was always available when I called. The waiters during the event were also very helpful! (Although, I think they were a bit overwhelmed w the 120 guests on the day of the event). The staff even arranged my souvenirs for the guests the night before the event at no extra charge!

Guests raved about the food and the ambience! My fave were the gourmet tomato-pesto cheese spread, the roasted chicken and the pasta w truffle sauce. Yummy!

I wanted a place (that needed no additional decorations) with good food where people can enjoy hanging out...and Relish was perfect!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Quezon City, Philippines
“Terrible service!!! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My friend invited me for dinner to talk about some business proposals. She told me about this restaurant which is quite close to my office. My first impression was I thought it was a fine dining restaurant as the ambience suggest so. But when we went inside the dining was crampy and when the other customers started to come in, it became like a market place. Too noisy!

The food is pricey but is good. They don't have a table cloth napkin instead with a one piece small tissue. When our soup was served I noticed that the plate had a broken piece on its edge. My friend was supposed to ask the waiter to replace it but I stopped her as I don't want to ruin our night together.

After finishing our main course my friend ordered for dessert and had requested the waiter for 2 spoons as she wanted me share it with her. After a while my friend excuse herself to go to the toilet. Then one of the waitress roaming around showing my car's plate number and so I obliged to move my car from the parking to give way to the other car which was already leaving. After parking my car I got surprised as my friend was at the waiting area. It turns out that they cleaned up our table and gave it to someone else . We haven't finished the dessert yet and paid the bill. I was supposed to complain about the incident but my friend quickly got the bill and paid it.

No one even apologized for the incident and I learned the waitress who asked me to move my car was the one who gave up our table.

Negative for the service, plates, food prices, crowded dining area, and parking.

2 thumbs down even more if I only had more thumbs.

Dagupan, Philippines
“Hello happiness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Trip to relish was a good experience. Great food with comfortable ambiance. But dessert was so so. I was expecting more from their dessert but got a mediocre one.

Manila, Philippines
“Nice ambiance, decent food, crowded/tight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I found this via random searching for Quezon City restaurants and Relish came up.
It was a last minute thing and I was glad to know that they were able to squeeze us in with no reservations. They really squeezed us into a table to fit four adults and one baby. The tables were quite close and I swear that I could get food from the next table without them knowing it. Heehee! I don't really mind the crowded place since I know that they really just accommodated us. I wonder though that if I did reserve, I think it would have been the same since the place is small even with a second floor.

I love the sitting lounge outside and that was where most of the kids/babies stayed while their parents were inside. It's a great photo opt area and I got so many nice photos of my baby there.

The food was pleasantly nice - good, comfort foods. Most were typical but I did like their Amazing Artichoke Dip - yummy light crackers(?) with yummy creamy, chunky artichoke dip!
I liked the Hickory Smoked BBQ Pork Belly came highly recommended and it did not disappoint! Meat was tender and "falls-off-of-the-bone" good! I had this with a side salad. Beef Salpicao was quite good with white rice, a hubby's favorite. Their house tea was yummy!
I wished we ordered more food though since there were so much more good things to try but hubby wasn't in the mood to eat a lot.

Service is decent but quite tough to try to get attention to a busy crowded restaurant. It could get annoying especially if you try to carry a conversation with friends and manage a baby.
This is why it's a 4 out of 5 instead of a perfect score for me.

If you are okay to be in a crowded restaurant, it's a good foodie choice to try. I think I would try to go during lean times and without the kids.
I want to try their Lamb Shank and their Salpicao (again!) on the next visit! That time would be an adult only trip.

Group of 3 adults and one infant. Lunch.
Reservation is highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Quezon City
“Nice atmosphere, average food, lousy service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We tried their wild mushroom with truffle oil pasta, Louisiana pork chop and slow roasted grilled beef belly, The beef and pasta were average but their pork chop was a little hard to chew.

The ambiance was good. Nice interior, ample lighting, and good atmosphere. They do have a second floor but we were unable to check it out.

Service though, especially with one of their staff, was poor. When we kindly requested a transfer to another table and asked if there was a second floor, one of the staff gave us a blank look. He paused for more than 5 seconds then said he'll check. He never followed through and just stood near the main entrance after that, doing nothing.

Service charge for our dining experience was at least 116 pesos, 10% of what he ate. We thought they shouldn't have charged us that amount for a lousy service. Establishments such as Relish must realize that before they charge 10% for service, they should invest on training of their staff. One bad attitude by only one of their crew ruined whatever dining experience we were hoping for.

We will definitely not go back.

• Visited October 2013