“service and good spicy food go hand in hand” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 8 Spices Thai Cuisine (Robinsons Galleria) - CLOSED

8 Spices Thai Cuisine (Robinsons Galleria)
2nd Level Veranda, Robinsons Galleria Mall | EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City, Luzon, Philippines
(+63 2) 571-3361
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Manila Philippines
“service and good spicy food go hand in hand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

i'm quite fond of spicy food , and this one fits the bill inspite there is no indian cuisine , ambiance a little lacking , space quite congested , but staff very attentive , even consistently filling out glasses with iced water ..

Visited March 2012

Makati City
“WE LOVE IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Very courteous and accommodating staff....the best food...we were not a fan of spicy food but with 8SPices? We love it now!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manila
“Best Thai Cuisine - EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I've been to a few Thai restos/ fast food joints in Manila and I can honestly say nothing compares to 8 Spices Thai Cuisine. While the price could be a little bit pricey for the average person, the dishes are definitely worth your money.

We ordered the Spicy Tuna Salad (P320.00), Chicharon Bulaklak (P220.00), Chicken in Panang Curry (P330.00) and Grilled Pork Ribs with Honey (P325.00). We waited, I think, for 10 to 15 minutes until the dishes were served. Not bad! Everything was seasoned just right for our tastebuds, although we wish the Chicken curry was a bit milder (it was really spicy!). Apparently, you can request for the dishes to be cooked a little less spicy than it should be.

We can't get enough of the food we ordered. We're definitely going back to 8 Spices Thai Cuisine! Next time, we'll probably try dining in its other branch at Sct Borromeo.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Probably the best thai resto since Krua Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Or maybe not...
The first time I tried to dine was understandably unsuccessful. The chef was rushed to the hospital so they had to turn down their last sets of diners. So i moved on to a different restaurant in Robinson's Galleria which turned out to be the best choice of the night.
Anyway, months after, i was finally able to dine with a friend. We ordered some pork with garlic stuff and a seafood in panang curry. 2 cups of white rice and tap water for two and that's it.
The pork thingy wasn't the best. The taste was quite similar to the Filipino icon dish adobo but cooked until it dries and garnished with fried garlic. I should have cooked my own version at home instead of driving my way to the mall on a perfectly rainy evening.
The mixed seafood in panang curry was way better than the pork stuff. It was a bit sweet which i try to avoid but nonetheless tangy and delicious. It wasn't the best curry i wanted but it was surprisingly new and fun to eat.
The service was more than okay. There were more staff than the diners at that time so most of them were free to attend to us.
Our bill summed up to PHP996 which was a little expensive than how i would value the experience.
Overall, if you have no other choice for a thai resto, then you could probably think of 8 Spices as the next thing. By the way, I wished they turned me down that time. I could have found yet another perfect resto for my hungry belly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere