“Fantastic Eco-friendly hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cocoon Boutique Hotel

You added The Cocoon Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 Scout Tobias corner Scout Rallos Streets | Bgy Laging Handa, Quezon City, Luzon 1103, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Quezon City
Aalborg, Denmark
“Fantastic Eco-friendly hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel is highly recommendable, great service. We stayed here for 2 nights at a 2 bedroom junior suite. The price is worth the experience. I can only say it was very pleasant experience. Comfortable beds, clean linens, clean toilets, plenty of space. We were 4 adults and 1 child and we had plenty of luggages, but no problem at all with space. We chose this particularly because we support the Green concept. And we could see that the hotel lives up to what they claim. I hope they keep maintaining being eco-friendly.

Nice place to stay if you want to relax and have a good night sleep. The breakfast menu though should have more choices. There are many restaurants in the vicinity, near the big shopping malls. We are definitely considering coming back to this hotel when we come back to Manila.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

There was a bit of a mix up with the reservation i made. They wanted to give me the deluxe with the twin bed when i specifically said that i wanted the queen bed, i was annoyed since the reason why i made a reservation (a month before my stay) was so i could get what i want. The receptionist was able to provide the room anyway (thank God)
As for the room, very nice, everything was organized, it was clean, i loved the bathroom (although i was disappointed coz when i made the reservation the guy i spoke with said that with the deluxe room i also get to watch tv while soaking in the tub. Had i known that i wouldn't be able to do this in the deluxe, i would've reserved the one bedroom suite, but i loved the bathroom anyway, although, it would be better if i got the suite, and for sure i'm gonna get the suite next time)
The staff, really friendly and ready to assist. Food was okay.
There's also another thing though, everytime someone was opening their own door it feels as if someone was trying to open our door! But i got used to it after a couple of hours.
Everything was tolerable though. Overall everything was great except for the mix up with the bed (and the bathroom thing) but yeah, my boyfriend and i love the place, really clean, comfortable accessible...we're planning when to come back. I would recommend this place, it's really nice and lovely.

• Stayed September 2012
Caloocan, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have the extreme pleasure of spending three days, two nights in this cozy hotel tucked away in the relatively quiet and posh Timog Area of Quezon City. The hotel is new and smells fresh. It has very nice not over the top decor recycled from old wood, as the hotel strives to be environmentally compatible. The sheets and beddings are so nice to the skin, made of Egyptian cotton and the pillows, real goose down. The breakfast is fantastic, made from herbs that the garden itself produces. What I really like about this hotel is its educational value for patrons. Its manual boasts that the hotel recycles rain water for flushing and gardening. The toiletries are sourced from an organic manufacturer. Even the razor handle is made of biodegradable plastic called plasticized starch. I also need to say that the hotel is so near many fine dining areas and budget meal places, the traffic is light and the general neighborhood is quiet and pleasant. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a one-week seminar/workshop at the hotel where half of our participants from various provinces stayed. Being a new hotel in a city where there are few good hotels (Quezon City doesn't have hotels of the same caliber as Makati, Ortigas or Manila) I would have rated The Cocoon as excellent but I think they still have to prove themselves over some time as they will have to compare with the Lindens and Discovery Suites. The food served at the workshop was good and one should try their breakfasts, particularly their French Toasts. I was able to peek into one of the rooms where our staff stayed in and I can only imagine they had a nice relaxing stay each night after a hard day's work in the workshop. Parking may be a problem though since there are limited spaces and guests might have to park along the roadside in an area that's not so safe especially during the night time (the hotel is located at the corner of Sct. Rallos and Sct. Tobias near Timog Ave.).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I always loved how 'green' this boutique hotel is.
My sister is leaving for Switzerland for a year, so I suggested we check into a local hotel that evening with my three sisters. I booked via Agoda, and got a very low rate.
We had a late check-in and Daph the front desk officer was extremely attentive and efficient. She was anticipating all our needs all the time.
The hotel is located in the heart of Quezon City, walking distance to a good number of restaurants and bars on Timog Avenue and Tomas Morato.
When I got to the room, I was surprised because the cleaning lady was still touching up the place. It only took a few minutes though for her to finish up. I was exhausted and wanted to simply turn on the telly and lie down. My sister arrived an hour after I did and again, I heard Daphne handed her the keys and welcomed her to the hotel.
The hotel is small - it is a boutique hotel, and the staff are young and well trained. For dinner, we dined outside, at a restaurant I was always curious about.
The room was nice, compact, but restful. I loved the quality of the beds and sheets. My sisters and I ordered room service from the pastry shop in the lobby. We stayed up all night walking down memory lane.
I woke up after an incredibly restful sleep, and si did my two other sisters. I loved the quality of the beds and sheets - Egyptian cotton, 400 thread count. We had our al fresco breakfast at the poolside of the sixth floor. The pool is small, but lovely. Our breakfast comprised of a buffet of omelette, assorted breads and jams, fruits and coffee which was part of the room fee. All in all I would say it is a perfect place to book yourself if you are simply wanting to get away from it all in the city. I plan to try the spa next time.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the higher floors, so that the view is decent, and not of a construction sight.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 days before our long flight back to USA. Nothing extra ordinary with the hotel. What you see in the web site is exactly the same. as soon as you enter the room you feel at home with the warmth welcome of the staff. Bed is comfy and clean. And if you are looking for a hotel to sleep in and relax this is the best place to stayed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elkins, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Arrived at hotel after a lengthy flight from the United States. It was around 1 AM and I had just arrived in a van from the airport. The hotel was an oasis to my eyes. Once we checked in, which was very expeditious, we were taken to our room by very attentive bell service. The room was as pictured on its website. The comfort room was spacious and included a very large bath tub for bathing and also a shower.
The bed was the vocal point though. I have traveled some in the Philippines inclusive of Manila, Baguio, and Cebu and found this bed to be very relaxing. I would highly recommend this hotel for a nice romantic getaway. The service, inclusive of the front desk, bell and maid service was very attentive. Our breakfast was quite tasty and the table service was very accommodating! I look forward to my next stay at The Cocoon!

Room Tip: After a long flight, check out the Iris Spa for a massage. They are located a floor above the front...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cocoon Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!