“Still the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elar's Lechon

Elar's Lechon
151 Quezon Avenue | Corner Speaker Perez Street, Quezon City, Luzon 1114, Philippines
+ 63 2 731 7551
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 1,151 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Filipino
Manila, Philippines
“Still the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Consistent. That would best describe Elars Lechon. We always had Elars for special occasions when I was growing up and I remember that it was so good. I recently had it and it was the lechon I had when I was a kid. It still tasted great! The skin was so crispy I wanted more but propriety dictated that I leave the rest for the other guests. The meat was succulent and went great with their rich liver sauce. And my favorite part, the ribs. They were to die for. I am so glad that Elars have kept the quality of their lechon. It was great when I was a kid and it still is the best.

By the way, I was surprised that they serve lunch also. So next time I need my lechon fix, all I need is to drop by, order it and eat it at their restaurant. Yummy!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Imus, Cavite, Philippines
“bestest lechon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

this is the most delicious lechon i've ever had! if i weren't worried about my health, i'd probably eat it everyday!! LOL lovely with piping hot rice and achara!

Visited June 2013
Las Pinas, Philippines
“BEST Lechon I've ever tasted... Elar's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The first time I tasted Elar's lechon was during our Christmas or New Year Party at the office. It was a gift from a supplier. So when I got married last April, I really wanted to have this lechon. We had it delivered at the venue.

This is really the best lechon I've ever tasted. Tasty, crispy even after hours of its delivery. I'm still craving for it until now.

Visited April 2013
“This is "THE" lechon of choice for special occasions but now they have a convenient walk-in restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I could recall that I've reviewed 2 lechon places in Cebu - CNT and Zubuchon. I remember saying that both of them were very good and caters to quite a different set of taste buds and budget.

But that's in a different location. But from where I live, "THE" lechon of choice is ELAR'S!

We would normally order for delivery to our home or office for various occasions - birthdays, Christmas, and whenever there is an excuse to.

I am quite delighted to have recently visited their pick-up outlet and pleasantly surprised that they have a walk-in restaurant. The ambiance is basic but the food is just how I would imagine a family gathering with home cooked meals and of course, lechon. So, for simple cravings of lechon, I could now just pop into this store and have my fill without the huge price tag.

They say that the best advertisement for ELAR'S lechon is the copycat that try to sound like the same name. But I believe that ELAR'S is still the best.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Great tasting Lechon ---- will not disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Warning: not for the faint of heart (quite literally)

I love their Lechon! It is hands-down - one of the best (if not the best) in the metro! The skin's always crispy, the meat tender and flavorful. But as the usual lechon (roast pig or piglet) is cholesterol-laden.

Eat moderately to those watching their weight/cholesterol/blood pressure.

Will definitely leave you happy. A must!!!

Visited May 2012