“Bakeshop and Cafe in One Neat Package” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Manila
“Bakeshop and Cafe in One Neat Package”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I dined here with friends at the Trinoma branch a week ago during the busy month of December. The place is always packed during lunch and dinner hence I got curious. I tried the pesto pasta with homemade chorizo. It was very good indeed. The pesto was not overpowering and the homemade chorizo was simply great. I literally left nothing on my plate. I also tried the cold apple pie. It was a bit sweet but still good. My friends tried the heated cheese roll and heated ensaymada and literally these baked goodies melt in the mouth. I will go back again to try the other stuff in the menu. Service was also good. Ambience is similar to alfresco dining but the only difference is that the cafe is situated indoors.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Service Could Be Improved”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

From my experience dining at Cafe Mary Grace in Serendra (outdoor seating), the service could be improved. After taking our orders, the waitress repeated the food on our list (making sure she got the orders right) but upon delivering the dishes, I was served grilled cheese roll when I clearly ordered grilled ensaymada. When I pointed out the mistake, no apologies mentioned by the waitress. Anyway, I ordered another ensaymada but had to remind the staff three times before it was finally delivered, the follow through was not efficient. The Cafe didn't seem to be busy that afternoon for them to delay the service.

In addition, I was also disappointed when the waitress was insistent for us to try their new traditional pizzas when I already mentioned I wasn't interested the first time she was taking the orders.

On a positive note, the grilled ensaymada and grilled cheese roll were tasty...worth trying. The pasta with prawns in lemon garlic sauce and olive oil was appetizing.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“What's the hype?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Three weeks ago, my friends and I tried Cafe Mary Grace at Trinoma after all the good reviews we've read about it. The ambiance was good, the staff was nice and attentive, so let me do a review on the food we've ordered:

1) For appetizer, the waiter suggested Onion Dip with Crispy Cassava Chips at 112 Php. The chips were crispy but tasteless; onion dip was average. I wouldn't recommend this at all.
2) For salad, we had the Grilled Chicken and Oranges with Black Olive Dressing at 229 Php. It was average, the dressing was not enough and the serving was not generous for the price.
3) Smoked Salmon and Cream pasta at 251 Php. It has small bits of smoked salmon and the cream sauce in linguini is okay. It was good but I wouldn't rave about it.
4) We ordered 3 ensaymadas - Mary Grace grilled ensaymada - it is a bit dry; Laguna Cheese Ensaymada at 155 Php; Three Cheese Ensaymada at 157 Php - Taste is average and I find it too pricey.
5) Mary Grace Hot Chocolate at 92 Php for a small cup. It was good but too thick especially at the bottom of the cup where the chocolate seemed to have settled.

We were not impressed, so I don't think we will go back anytime soon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“great snacks @ Mary Grace after malling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our family (8 pax) went to its branch in the newly opened Lucky Chinatown Mall in Binondo, Manila for snacks. There is no provision for review for this newly opened branch. As I click Manila branch, Trinoma Mall branch comes out. I suppose that they serve the same food quality in all branches so I'd have to put my review.

We saw it on the 3rd floor of the mall before shopping and decided to return to partake of our truly deserved snacks. There was enough space and good ambiance.

Mom enjoyed her tiramisu. Known for small bites, she unbelievably finished that piece. My niece had cheese roll, brownies and espresso. She must be a frequenter in this cafe as she already knew what to order. My brother and sister enjoyed the ensaymada which I also agreed as among the best we can find in Metro Manila. The texture of the ensaymada mixture and cheese was just perfect for the hot chocolate....though grilled ensaymada was new to me. I wanted to order a dozen to bring home for my father, sister and brother who were not with us but to no avail. My nephews ordered hot chocolate and brownies. Ashton is a hot choco lover who unquestionably enjoys this drink. Eauan asked for another box of brownies (8 small pieces). My sister-in-law Cookie and I had apple pie with walnut.

We brought home a box of brownies and cheese roll for the rest of the family members who were not able to join this Monday malling.

I have been away from the malls and restos in Metro Manila since 2006 due to my work abroad not knowing that this Cafe is all over the metropolis. I should return for that ensaymada. We only had 2 pieces as they run out of stock that afternoon.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“The best Grilled ensaymada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I love having my tea here with their grilled ensaymada and/or truffles cake. Perfect combination. Prices are reasonable. Quiet and serene ambiance.

Visited March 2012