“Awesome lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Xintiandi

Xintiandi
Level 4, Crowne Plaza Galleria | Corner ADB and Ortigas Avenues, Quezon City, Luzon, Philippines
+ 63 2 633 7222
Improve this listing
Ranked #127 of 1,069 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Chinese
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I went here two saturdays ago with my best friend. The service was not bad, though I was ushered to a wrong table. Good thing I asked them to check again when I was seated and started to doubt, because the table reserved was for 5 people, since it was my friend who made the reservation, I thought there would be someone else she invited that I did not know about. Now let's go to the food part :-), the dumpling with the soup tastes good but a bit salty, The barbeque pastry tastes buttery, definitely you would love to have more, but since I would like to try as much dimsum as possible, I settled to just have two pcs. The century egg congee was too bland, so I did not bother to finish it. Chicken feet is very tender. The skin can just easily come off from the bone. Sweet and spicy, just right for my taste. Crispy spring rolls and salmon yam were to die for, but since these two were ordered last, I cant eat more than what I would want to. Overall I really enjoyed my lunch dimsum buffet!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manila, Philippines
“Good service but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was hoping to dine here for a long a time since I've been hearing about this restaurant ever since it opened. I finally visited the place and it didn't impress me so much. The interior is lacking the coziness of a hotel setting. Food, although not bad, is nothing special. It is just okay. The service is good though. Very professional and helpful staff and waiting time for the food is just right. Price is also just right and not as expensive as most hotels.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Makati, Philippines
“Trying to be a convert chinese food fan - but never did”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Thank God Metrodeal got a coupon for 6 in prep. for chinese new year.
Located in Crowne plaza right at the back of Robinsons Galleria, 4th floor.
We, went me and my sister,brother and Dad with my nephew and niece.
The table setting was good, they even honored our request for a table right next to the window- last minute.
we have our own food server and he even took time to explain the food ;O)
We requested that all food be served all at once - we were starving.
We started with the salad-which i don't like it has the "atchara" taste to it - Yu Sheng Salad, but we enjoyed mixing it, they say it should be stack hi for prosperity and we gamely did.
The peking duck meal - from the roasted duck to the minced duck i enjoyed it a bit, duck meat is full of fat so beware you would feel full so easily.
then comes the Abalone, african abalone and the Braised dried oyster - i am never a fan of oyster and abalone and will never be let alone the sea moss - i tried, but really my system could not take it, it's for the brave heart.
the fish fillet was good so my 2 sister say but my 7 year old Niece said out loud, "Mom the fish is so salty" so i don't know how to judge it i didn't bother to taste it. so you can give it try (Fish Fillet in Thai style)
the ice tea was my favorite - twinnings so the glass says, fresh and nice.
and the tikoy fried and coated with caramelized sugar was a heaven and a saving grace for me - i love sweet in case it is not that obvious.

for those wanting to get a real Chinese feel i would say go somewhere else.
for those brave a heart try the dried mussel in sea moss - then let me know how you feel.
for those with kids i find this restaurant not kid friendly because of the food.
service is good and during our stay they were attentive enough we have our own butler if i can call it one.

average for the service and place and the cost.
poor for food - may be because of the food choices

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Taguig City, Philippines
“Be forewarned that the unlimited dimsum, noodles,congee and dessert is NOT a buffet lunch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The staff are courteous but not attentive. Be prepared to compete for their attention with a restaurant full of people.

As everything comes from the kitchen even if you pre-ordered, the food comes far in between and in trickles so you don't get to enjoy having different food at the same time. Not to mention you're already full before you get to taste all of your orders, which I think is their style so people won't consume as much.

The food is a combination of hit and miss. Must try are the steamed crystal prawn dumplings or Ha Kao, the steamed "Sio Mai" Japanese style, the wanton noodle soup with roast duck. The Xiao Long Pao is a miss and is nothing near Din Tai Fung or Paradise Dynasty, which are the best on my list of Xiao Long Bao.

The Xiao Long Pao I pre-ordered came after 2 follow ups and was a disappointment. The hot water refill for the tea pot came 30 mins and 3 waiters after. It also took them 40 mins to serve us the dessert which was just one order each of the coffee pudding, chocolate mantao, a piece of sesame buchi and the egg custard.

Funny how most of the waiters were just cleaning up the other tables or just wiping glasses and not a single one came up and ask if all our orders have been served. Maybe we didn't look bored enough that's why it took a follow up with the restaurant supervisor to speed things up. Not something you would expect from a hotel restaurant.

In fairness, the coffee pudding was good but not the 40 minute wait.

Be prepared to spend at least two hours for Sunday lunch in Xintiandi. Not because you can't get enough of their food, but because you don't get enough service.

If one is willing to pay for good dimsum, Shangri-la's Summer or Shang Palace will definitely be a better choice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere