“great hotel great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eastwood Richmonde Hotel

You added Eastwood Richmonde Hotel to your Saves list
Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Orchard Road, Eastwood City | Bagumbayan, Quezon City, Luzon 1110, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Quezon City
melbourne
“great hotel great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

my husband and i stayed 2 nights here in an one bedroom suite and loved it.
this is a 5 star hotel in my opinion. even the room service menu is 5 star.
we got a really good deal on the net.
our room was spotless, modern furnishings and spacious. a big lcd tv and comfy couch. big bedroom(best sleep ever in a hotel) with flat screen tv, lots of windows so nice and bright. it was a room you wanted to spend time in which i think says a lot about a hotel! i think we were on the 37th floor
the location of the hotel was fantastic. the hotel is in a very nice part of manila possibly a more business district which we loved because there was no hassle,plenty of shopping and it was just really nice and clean.
its attached a great shopping mall and surrounded by many restaurants and other shops.
the hotel also has a great bar and really impressive lobby area
only negative (or positive depending on if you smoke or not) is there are no smoking area's anywhere. you can stand out the front of the hotel but there are no ashtrays or seats so its quite uncomfortable.
but all in all we really enjoyed our stay here and if we return to manila i would only stay here.

Room Tip: the one bedroom suite is fantastic and a corner room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Here are some of the problems with this hotel:

- Internet is expensive and is limited to a single person. You must use a purchased login ID and password to get past the firewall. Then when you do, the bandwidth is so severely throttled back that you can't even watch a three minute YouTube video. It constantly stalls every 10 seconds and won't complete. Having complained to the management that this was a huge problem for me on an earlier business stay, I was promised that it was better now. They told me that a new high-speed line had been added to double the speed. Either they lied to me, or the line is not the problem but the proxy server is... In any case, I feel cheated. They obviously don't understand the needs of their business clientele.

- Rooms are barely acceptable in the cleanliness department. Things appear to be clean on the surface, but you can smell the mold and mildew every uptime you come into the room. If you put any clothing down on any of the closet shelves they will have black streaks of dirt on them when you pick them up. There was an occasion after a particularly wild rain storm that I had to have them come to the room to deal with a lot of water dripping into the room from the air conditioning unit. I was amazed to see all of the filth and mold inside the air unit when they took the cover off. No wonder it smells so bad when you first turn it on. And the worst part of it was that they didn't even bother to clean it up while they had it open. They simply closed it back up and left it that way, dirty smudge handprints now covering the outside if the unit and all.

- Staff: someone has taught the staff that Good Service is comprised of a big smile and a "Hello, sir!". While this is nice, if not a bit insincere, it would be better if you could ask for something a little out of the ordinary and get a cheerful response, as opposed to a response that feels like you're either intruding on their routine or that they fear if they help you out they will be punished (unless they can charge you extra, of course -- it's not like that cup of peppermint tea at breakfast instead of their terrible, sour coffee is going to bankrupt the hotel). The cleaning staff also seems to be totally unaware that people check into a hotel for a place to SLEEP. They merrily bump and bang things around in the hallway and the room next door, loudy discuss whatever is on their mind with their co-workers, and yell out the now familiar "Hello, sir! When they see you exit your room since you can't sleep anyway.

And what about the food service? Where do I start? My vegetarian colleagues can barely find anything on the menu that is appropriate. The only consolation for them is that there's not a whole lot that's good for us carnivores either. When you do find something you like the prices, small portions, and slow delivery will send you running to McDonalds instead.

Breakfast Buffet: admittedly, as an American my tastes are quite different than the typical Asian citizen. I can't pretend to know if the quality of the local or Asian area breakfast foods are well prepared or are tasty; however, when it comes to scrambled eggs, give me a break! How about turning up the heat a bit on that grill and cooking in a LOT less oil? I don't think anyone is enjoying the COLD, mushy, undercooked scrambled eggs that are swimming in so much olive oil that they have a green tinge to them. Bacon is meant to be 'crispy' not hard like slices of wood. Hash browned potatoes should not be so over cooked that you crack a tooth on them. The pancakes are good, but please don't look at me like I am stealing your heirloom silver when I take the last two of the three you put out there. And aren't we in a tropical country? So why does the fresh fruit taste like... Well... Like nothing? Hard, unripe, bland fruit makes me feel like I'm back home. Not what I expected in the Philippines.

Well, you get the idea. So if I don't like it here why do I stay? Why do I keep coming back? Corporate politics. My company negotiated rates and likes us close bt for 'safety' reasons. Convenience. Both company locations are within two minutes walking distance. But! Keep making me regret staying here, and keep lying to me about how you've worked out the issues, Richmonde management, and I might just pick up my whole crew and work out a better deal down the street!

Room Tip: The suites are better if you want room to relax without just laying on the bed all the time.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
On behalf of the management of Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, please accept our sincerest regrets for the inconveniences you experienced while with us. We greatly appreciate your taking the time to bring to our attention the problems you encountered during your visits. Admittedly, the improvement of our services and facilities is a continuous process but we fully understand the importance of the immediate resolution of matters pertaining to cleanliness, food standards and internet connection. Please be assured that we have implemented even stricter measures to ensure the superior quality service provided by our engineering, housekeeping, and food & beverage departments, including our wi-fi provider. Your issues regarding the rates of our wi-fi access, vegetarian menu selections, beverage extra charges, employee courtesy, and discretion of the housekeeping attendants while at the floors, are closely being looked into as well.

As with all our guests, we would like keep our corporate clients as satisfied as possible. Thus, we would be very grateful if we can discuss with you and your company sponsor the problems you encountered at the hotel and express to you personally our dedication to working towards completely addressing your concerns.

Again, thank you and we look forward to meeting with you soon.
Basingstoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

For us the hotel was quite expenisve, as we had come from 2-3 star hotels in the rest of SE Asia, and to be honest we expected the Philipines to be a comparable price or cheaper than the rest of SE Asia.

As we were visiting relatives who live round the corner we decided to take the plunge and stay at the Eastwood Richmonde - there are not really any other hotels close by.

1st impressions of the hotel were excellent and I was excited to stay here, as I havent stayed in a 4-5 star hotel before.

However, check in was pretty slow, especially as I had already paid for the room via Expedia. Apparently we received a room upgrade - but I do not know the differences between the room that we paid for and the room that we stayed in!

We were staying on the 34th floor which I think is a bonus as it is very quiet up there.

The hotel is attached to a shopping mall with all sorts of restaurants for you to choose from. The mall was open to 10-11pm even on a Sunday, so there is plenty to do (well shopping, eating & drinking!) in the vicinity of the hotel.

Whilst waiting for our relatives in the hotel foyer, our one comment was that they hotel could do with a bar for hotel patrons.

For me the room was 'wow' and I was like a child trying out all the gadgets. The ipod dock is a nice touch and for the 1st time in 3 weeks we could actually listen to music through speakers!

Breakfast - offered us the best choice of our trip so far - large choice of western and asian options. Oh and there were doughnuts and chocolate muffins!

There is a pool on the roof and I am disappointed not to have had a chance to use it.

Would I stay here again - hell yeah!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cebu City, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My assistant stayed in this hotel to attend a seminar held in the same hotel. I could not get hold of the person assigned to take care of the reservations for the seminar attendees (someone called Iza) so i booked a room for my asistant through the hotel website wherein a certain amount was charged to my credit card to guarantee the booking.

A couple of weeks later, someone called me, allegedly from the hotel, and asked for my credit card number as they needed a credit card guarantee. I thought this was extremely suspicious because i had previously paid through their website. Hmmmm. then the person hemmed and hawwed and said she had to verify the reservation as she did not have any record. what the???

any way, i did not give my credit card number and that was that.

2 days before my assistant was to fly to manila, i once again called the hotel to ask how much they were requiring as a security deposit as i will be sending an allowance with my assistant and i wanted to make sure she had enough to cover her expenses. "Iza" told me that they only required a P2,000 security deposit. I asked if that was for both days that my assistant would be staying or for each night? And Iza said that would be the security deposit in its entirety.

when my assistant arrived there, lo and behold, she was asked for a security deposit of P4,000!!!! It's a good thing i gave my assistant a few extra thousands or she would not have any money left for cab fare!!!!

to make matters worse, this hotel DOES NOT have free wifi, not even to hotel staying AND paying GUESTS!!! They charge P500 per day which is equivalent to one month subscription to the local internet service. Even their BUSINESS CENTER (which in other hotels is free for guests), they charge P150 for 30 minutes internet browsing. The other seminar attendees were complaining about the same thing.

my assistant could not sleep because of the constant noise from all the construction ongoing around the hotel. And for a new hotel, the iPod docks did NOT work.

This hotel is HIGHWAY ROBBERY in disguise!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
The management of Eastwood Richmonde Hotel deeply regret the inconveniences you and your assistant experienced upon booking and staying with us. After our careful investigation of your claims, we were able to deduce the persons involved in your review and learned the following:

1.) The organizer of the seminar had arranged with the hotel to provide special discounted rates for its attendees provided a minimum number of rooms were booked. Moreover, attendees were advised by the organizer to make their reservations directly through the Sales Account Manager tasked to handle the group.

2.) When you made your booking with our Sales Account Manager, she immediately made a reservation under your name but was still unable to confirm your rate as the minimum number of bookings still had not been reached.

3.) Our Sales Account Manager sent you a text message thereafter, saying your reservation had already been arranged, but was still unable to send a formal confirmation letter due to the pending group rate.

4.) All the while the hotel was under the impression that you were one who would be attending the seminar since the original booking was under your name. It is unfortunate that our Sales Account Manager had no knowledge that your assistant would be attending in your place and that you had already made a booking under your assistant’s name through the hotel’s website.

5.) Since bookings made through our website go directly to our reservations system, our Sales Account Manager was unaware of the reservation you made for your assistant and that she will be attending the seminar instead. Because of this, no link was identified between your online booking and the seminar attendees.

6.) You are correct that the booking you made through our website is already guaranteed. Please be assured that we do not ask for additional guarantees for online bookings, however, our Sales Department called you for a credit card guarantee not because of your website booking which was under your assistant’s name, but because of your original reservation. Your assistant’s booking through our website was treated independently from the booking under your name. It was only when you mentioned to our Sales staff that you made a reservation online for your assistant did we know about this matter.

7.) Our standard deposit is really P2,000 per night and we believe this was the advice of our Sales Account Manager in reference to your original booking which was for one night. We apologize if this was not made clear.

With regard to your other concerns about the wi-fi charges and fees for the use of the Business Center, unfortunately this is currently the hotel’s standard. We shall take note of your comments for reconsideration. We shall also take the necessary steps to address the problem regarding the out of order iPod dock.

Again, we are sorry that your experience with us was less than satisfactory and that you received the impression that the hotel is not to be trusted. We hope that we were able to clear the matter regarding your reservation mix-up and that you will still provide us with the opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

On the way from the airport, nearing the hotel I was becoming concerned about the neighborhood my hotel was in. However, once we reached the hotel it was in a nice are. The hotel looks great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The front desk does run a little slow, but I was never in a hurry. The room was spacious and very comfortable. I had a great view of the city from my balcony. The hotel is also situated right in the middle of shopping and dining, so there is always something to do. I was going to stay at the Sofitel, but a friends convinced me this was a good place to stay. I must agree with their advice.
Because of traffic, you are anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half from the airport. It is not because it is a great distance, but more because of traffic, so keep that in mind. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights because our house is being fumigated. We chose this hotel because it is close to our home & there's a mall beside it. I don't know what it is with filipinos but when we drove through the driveway to the lobby & got out no one even assisted us. Is it because we're also filipino so we can't stay in our hotels? We had to tell them we were staying at the hotel before anyone even assisted us. We couldn't leave our car because they were short on staff. It was a really disappointing first impression. Check-in was a bit slow & to think my in-laws already checked us in. We just have to get the keys & sign some papers. Our room was huge. Don't be deceived as they have rooms that are smaller. Our room was bigger than my in-laws' room & the price is just the same. It's in the angle of the building. Nice lcd tv though. The bathroom was big but I don't like that they have a tub where you take a shower in that you have to get on to. It was a bit too high. What if an older person is taking a shower there. That person will have a hard time getting on that. The breakfast buffet was superb! There was a lot of selection. They have a small pool on the higher floors as well as a fitness center which was pretty nice. I would probably go back again but I do hope they improve their service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We truly regret that your first time with us was not completely satisfactory. Rest assured that we shall look into the concerns you raised about the attentiveness and efficiency of our staff. Such service is definitely not the hotel’s standard and we appreciate feedback from valued guests such as yourself to help us improve our services. Regarding our bathtub, we shall likewise evaluate how we can further enhance its safety features.

Again, thank you and we hope to get the chance to serve you again!
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary last February. Room was clean and comfortable. It has a good view of Eastwood City. Bathroom's got all the basic toiletries and while in the tub, you can still see the room as they got blinds on the glass window you can pull up or down to have a view. Location is great, all nearby restaurants and bars are within reach. Checking in and out can be a hassle, though. Some staff at the frontdesk are not so friendly and efficient.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for celebrating your special day with us! We are glad that you enjoyed most of your stay. We, however, regret that you experienced some snags at our Front Desk. We have already addressed the issue regarding the pace and conduct of our staff. Hopefully on your next stay your visit will be completely enjoyable and more than satisfactory.

We sincerely appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Been to Eastwood Richmonde Hotel? Share your experiences!