“A windowless room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 105 Hotels in Manila
Doha, Qatar
“A windowless room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Got the room at Agoda costing around 50 USD without breakfast. I thought I got a great deal. I was assigned at a windowless room with no space for my luggage. The size is like a hallway fitted with bed, tucked in a corner and cabinet. It's like HK budget hotels but in the Philippines. Room is too small. I can get the same price at Executive Plaza situated right infront of the hotel but definitely way bigger.

The only reason I booked in this hotel coz its brand new. Nothing more positive aside from that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The good side is that the staff are polite especially those at the front desk. The bad side is that the rooms are very small and that is so difficult to use the toilet due to its size of around 2sqmeters. The price seems to be expensive for the service. No free drinking water - which I think is usuall in many Philippine hotels.

• Stayed April 2012
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The hotel staff promised me during check-in that they will provide 30-min free internet everyday. Then, after I already checked in, I was told that free internet is "out-of-stock" (sic). The hotel staff are very rude. I have heard them make racist comments on the side speaking in the vernacular (I happen to speak their language that's why I know). I also found little insects in the bathroom. The cleaning staff are very inconsiderate. They always make noises in the hallway and keeps interrupting my sleep asking me if I need room service despite the fact that I already put a "do not disturb" sign. The resident manager is very arrogant and her English language skills is terrible. I tried to address my issues with the hostel but she was very dismissive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Please read the article. Thanks

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

well frankly speaking i am one of those back pack travellers and obviously will settle for a hotel which is safe . This is my fourth visit to Manila,a city I just love for its vibrant moods , great food, entertainment, shopping and above all the friendly attitude of the people. The Hostel is located in downtown Manila and is near to some of the fine dine restaurants be it Japanese , Korean , Chinese , Indonesian and of course many of the KARAOKE BARS . The rooms are neat and decent, the staff and management very friendly that explains why I come and stay here more often than ever.I have built a good rapport with the staff and management who by now know me by my first name and even address me as( Hi. William how are you ?) The room service is just perfect cant get anything better for a budget price Hotel . Will be coming back again in early Nov for a longer time now . Ramil ,Dionie , Jenny ,Michael hope you are reading this .

Room Tip: all the rooms are more or less identical and clean
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Good walking distance from a lot of activities of Manila. Rooms are small (the bathroom, as well).

So why stay here? If you're working on a budget, or staying for a short period of time or always out, this may be the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2011
Albertslund, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed here for 3 days. First we went to Friendlys Hostel, which was terrible in every sense (Dirty, smelly and spooky guests). So we quickly moved to Hostel 1632. Here, everything was clearly much better. Cleaner, more professional, more stylish, everything was nice. The price was good as well. 1500 pesos for a twin room I think. It actually resembles more a hotel than a hostel, so I can only recommend it. The location is both good and bad. It is located in the red light district, so expect the prostitutes standing in front of the bars to try and lure you inside. Very pretty but hookers nonetheless. Also expect alot of poor people to approach you on the street to beg for money, but that is normal in Manila. The Hostel is located 2 minutes from Robinsons Mall, one of the biggest in Manila, where you can find tons of good quality stores and cheap items/clothes. I bought a cheap Ipod Touch there. One downside of 1632 is that Wi-fi is not free, but still cheap anyway. All in all a very good place to stay. Recommended, and my first choice, should I return to Manila.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends