“Great location at a very reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Grand Suites

You added Regency Grand Suites to your Saves list
Regency Grand Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1622 Birch Tower Condominium Jorge Bocobo Street, Manila, Luzon 1004, Philippines   |
Ranked #18 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Great location at a very reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel is located right next door to Robinsons shopping mall, which is very handy. On arrival we were welcomed by friendly staff who offered a free upgrade to a suite. At £32 I could not believe the standards of the rooms. We had a kitchen, living room and a bedroom. The view over Manila Bay was great.
The gym had a ok selection of machines, free weights and cardio equiptment.

Would use this hotel again if i returned to Manila.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
KarenRGS, General Manager at Regency Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Travel27007

We feel honored to be your hotel of choice.

I wish to thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful feedback. I am grateful and appreciative of your generous commendations

Thank you once again and we all look forward to being of service to you once again.

Gen Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Elk Grove, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Booked this "hotel" thru Trip Advisor via Booking.com for 3 nights. Met by an untrained staff & was asked to pay for the entire stay upfront plus P2,000 security deposit for a "Superior" room. At that moment, I knew this place is not going to be what I was expecting it to be. The "front of the house" stinks all the to the elevator and up to the 32nd floor hall without air conditioner.

The place is an OVEN. The room has 3 parts: bath, bar, and bed. This is NOT a "Hotel" nor "Grand Suites", this is a high-rise apartment- seen in other Asian cities/countries like Hongkong, Taipei, etc. where space is extremely limited. The bathroom is good for only person; the "kitchenette" is actually a bar equipped with a dorm-fridge, a microwave, and a couple dinner/flatwares. a 2-foot opening leads you to the bedspace which is a king bed rammed in an 8 x 12 area. there was a 4-inch wide mantle propped up for a flat-screen tv and a cable box. be careful not to scrape yourself on this thing as there was a tiny nail protruding outwards.

The accommodation is very, very disappointing. What with the poor wifi service, nothing came close to say something nice about the place. There is NO telephone inside the room. I had to go 32 floors down to get an incoming call in the lobby- what a complete letdown! When I asked for a replenishment for my drinking water, the telephone operator told me I will be charged from then on. I said I paid $64 per night and you couldn't even throw-in free drinking water for your damned coffee? That was for me, the last straw. I have already bit my tongue long enough and I've had it.

There are lots of other places to stay in the area-more comfortable and well-priced. "Grand Suites" did not even come close to its name, I would rather run a tailor shop or hardware store instead of going into the Service Industry where Hotel Operations require YEARS of careful planning, training, and in-depth knowledge. In closing, a one-mark is what this business deserved.

Room Tip: I can only help future travelers by not recommending this bad place.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Lovetahoe

I value your constructive feedback especially since we're still a “young” hotel, we are open to learn about the areas that we can improve on. My team and I are working hard on service standards and also finding ways to improve.

As part of the action we already provided telephone/pabx to each room and installed ceiliong fan at the elevator hallway to bring convenience and comfort to out valued client.

I do hope that on your next trip to Manila, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. Hopefully on your return, you will see improvements in some of the details you mentioned as we make the necessary adjustments.

Funabashi, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here for a night, and I was so impress with our room.
The Room is clean, spacious and most of all it has a homey feel in it.
We love the bed, coz the linen are so comfy.
The bathroom is very modern, most of all, the Shower really serves hot water... lol...(most shower here in the Philippines dont know what is the word HOT), there is also a Hair Dryer, which is very important for me and my hubby. One thing is that they dont have Toothbrush and Toothpaste available..when I asked this to the Manager, she told me that because they just started operating recently...it is still under negotiation and told me that when we come back this august, they will surely have toothbrush, toothpaste ...and also slippers ready for the guests.
Kitchen area is nice, as u can see in my uploaded pictures... it has kettle and microwave, they also give complimentary cold water, available inside the fridge.
There is a Pool and a Gym...unfortunately we didnt have time to dip into the pool...
Robinson's place Manila is a few steps away..

The Staff are all friendly and accomodating.
I actually asked them (secretly) if they can arrange a set up in the room for our anniversary this august, and they gladly answered me with a YES....

So will surely be back this August....

I would really recommend this Hotel to anyone!... Its affordable...in a price that wont compromise your wallet....

Good Job Regency Grand Suites!~

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DEar Michelle

Your review is a heartwarming series of gracious commendations and wonderful compliments, thank you very much!

I'm glad to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your experience.

We are excited to see you again and celebrate your anniversary with us, it will be our pleasure to set the room for you :)

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My daughter booked this hotel for one night before we took off to Boracay. Believe me,it was best hotel I have stayed in in Manila. This is a new hotel I believe. The rooms are spacious and clean, beds are made everyday, and all staff are very friendly and the Manager is very accommodating.
The rooms are provided with Microwave, plates, saucers, cups and sachets of coffee, sugar, milk and room service is very good. Any complaints are dealt with quickly.
The entrance is well secured. Security guard opening the hotel glass door and as soon as you enter into their reception lobby you feel a sense of satisfaction right away. If I am right there are 50 floors in this hotel and each room got a balcony overlooking Manila Bay;fantastic view of sunset.I recommend this hotel to all travellers. You won't be disappointed as location is very good. It is near big shopping mall like Robinsons, Starbucks Cafe nearby,Luneta Park, Zoo, etc.
I will stay there from now on and not wasting my time looking for other hotels. The hotel has a gym and swimming pool. They can keep your luggage after check-outs if you still want to go shopping before you depart to airport. They can do anything for you. I love this hotel! One slight problem though. The lifts or elevators and corridors are not well ventilated. No aircon.

Room Tip: Higher floors got very good views . Book for Deluxe Twin beds or one bedroom with a king bed. Delux...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jean

To be considered as the best in Manila is an honor especially for being such a young hotel. Thank you very much for your gracious words, you are too kind.

I'm glad we were able to provide you the accommodation and amenities you needed for a comfortable stay experience. I'm most delighted to learn that it was our service that made your stay even more wonderful.

It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to your return.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Having spent many nights in Manila, I only wish I had found this place sooner.
Staff are friendly and professional and the suite on the 32nd floor was clean and inviting, the suite has a separate living room area and bedroom, both with separate aircon so can be set to different temperatures. Bathroom is clean and modern and very hot water.
Kitchen area has microwave, kettle and is provided with basic utensils so a meal can be prepared, which would be a bonus for those staying extended periods.
Both the bedroom and living room had stunning views of Manila bay area and Manila city, and the small balcony was great for experiencing the sights and sounds of the city at night.
Bed was large and very comfortable, and being on the 32nd floor was. Quiet, very little city noise at night.
Staff were great and actually remembered my 4am alarm call.
There is a large pool which looked inviting, if only I had more time there I would have sampled it.
A well equipped. Gym is available, and seems well used by both condo owners and suite guests alike.
This is a relatively new hotel and condo, and this shows with facilities, there are a few minor niggles, one window in the bedroom would not close, but this was such a minor problem not worth worrying about, and being on 32nd floor doesn't pose a security issue.

This is one hotel I will return to on my visits to Manila, I just hope that as the hotel ages they can maintain these excellent standards.
I am very impressed.

Room Tip: If at all possible pay the little extra for bay view rooms, the view is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Saf

Gen Manager

Been to Regency Grand Suites? Share your experiences!