Summary: Cherry Blossom's standard rooms that I have had provide safe, clean, and inexpensive lodging. The rooms are well worn and are comparable to or worse than the poorer, low-end lodging of major USA hotel chains. The rooms work well for adventure/budget travelers and others who have very basic needs. However, travelers who want lodging similar to mid-tier US hotels should look elsewhere.
* Budget hotel (standard rooms p1600 in December 2010)
* Location in “downtown” and next to Robinsons Mall
* Free breakfast
* 24 hour mini-market about 1 block away
* Location: Along way from airport (about p530 by airport taxi)
* Standard rooms need repair & renovation
Background: After trying several budget hotels in Metro Manila in the mid-1990's, I began staying at Cherry Blossoms on a regular basis as it offered excellent value for a budget hotel in Manila. Unfortunately, the hotel has not maintained the facilities. This problem has become more noticeable in recent years. For example, the standard room that I stayed in had a badly leaking faucet, damaged (but functional) shower fixtures (w/hot & cold water), loose flooring tiles, an old and very hard bed, the air conditioner temperature control did not work (the compressor ran continuously – that is, max cold), had badly marred furniture, and needed fresh paint. I have used the hotel when traveling solo, with my wife, and with my wife and young daughter.
Dec 2010 stay details: Although very worn, the room was relatively clean. I checked the bed for bedbugs, etc., and didn't find any problems. I didn't see any other bugs in the room during my stay. There was minor street noise until about 9PM and then it was quiet. I've never heard noises from neighboring rooms. However, the old window-type air conditioner was loud (but that didn't bother me.) The cost for a standard room (also called “premium room” on their website) was p1600. I took the hotel van to the airport (p500). The staff was courteous and helpful. The free breakfast from the menu was good (– I chose the 2 pancakes and eggs).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Cherry Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Blossoms Manila
- Hotel Cherry Blossoms