“A Great Area To Walk” 4 of 5 stars

Visit Intramuros like an insider
Special Offer
$118*
and up
Manila Super Saver: Manila Sightseeing plus...
Ranked #2 of 115 things to do in Manila
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Intramuros, "The Walled City," is the oldest district in Manila. This is what remains of the fortified city, which was the seat of power during Spanish Colonial times (1521-1898).
Ft. Lauderdale
40 attraction reviews
“A Great Area To Walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I walked around this area while touring Manila. Fort Santiago is also located in the Intramuros.I highly recommend a walk and spending maybe a half day here

• Chinese (Traditional) first
san jose, Cailf
14 attraction reviews
“a step back in time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

we wanted to see the older part of Manila ,this was a look back to the Spanish , and the walled

city .I enjoyed to walk on the wall looking out on the city , and the old buildings . Several trike

drivers were very trying to get our business , but I wanted to walk and take my time.

Visited February 2014
Cork, Ireland
86 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and interesting old walled city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you have only one thing to see in Manila, it should be Intramuros, the beautiful old walled city with it's stunning Spanish architecture. You can just wander around the cobble-stone streets without a map and you will stumble on all the old buildings and churches. If it's too hot to walk, there are tricycles at the plenty who will approach you and offer to drive you around the entire old city. It's so picturesque there. I would definitely go back. Make sure to stop by the cathedral and read it's history which is written on a plaque outside. Its story is really incredible.

Hong Kong SAR
39 attraction reviews
“The best to see if you just stay for 1 day in Manila”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Before I went to Boracay,I took a flight and stop over at Manila for 1 day.Even many comments said that you could skip Manila and go straight to Boracay.But I think it's still worth to stay for 1 day to look around the city.

After check-in to my hotel at Makati,I took a taxi to go straight to Intramuros.A tour guide passed over and asked me if I would like to take a ride and look around the city and he will explain me the history of the attractions.

I paid Ph600 for around 1.5hrs ride to see the attractions in Intramuros.The guide showed me around the places and told me the history.As I'm travel alone and don't know the way to go,I think it may be a good option and listen to the local about the places.

As Manila was conquered by Spanish a long time ago,the buildings still preserve the Spanish features.The buildings in Manila are quite colourful,orange,red,green,yellow...

The guide shower me the place where his family living and his neighbours.It's interesting.

Jakarta, Indonesia
13 attraction reviews
“Walled City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a walled city with big walled covered the area. Inside there are buildings with spanish architecture. Its better to walk the area & see those buildings & try to understand the spanish influence in Manila city. There is a big church which is also a unesco world heritage site. Unfortunately I was not allowed to enter in that church because of some weeding programs going on there. Overall it is a good experience