“An amazing hotel that's worth every penny -especially in Manila.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Hotel and Casino Manila

You added Hyatt Regency Hotel and Casino Manila to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Hotel and Casino Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1588 Pedro Gil cor MH del Pilar | Malate, Manila, Luzon 1004, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #12 of 103 Hotels in Manila
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“An amazing hotel that's worth every penny -especially in Manila.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Let me try to say this nicely - Manila is NOT the nicest city in the world. hahaha. It can be dirty, dangerous, and hard to get around. But this Hyatt is like an oasis in the middle of all that. It's not cheap - but well worth it, with myriad restaurants, bars, conference rooms, lounges, a casino, an INCREDIBLE full fitness center and spa, pool, tennis courts, etc. It's only a block or two from the giant Robinsons mall, and there's really not much else you need in Manila, especially if you're flying in or out for business or on your way to Palawan or Boracay, etc. By the way, the rooms are huge and modern and impeccably nice - with great views of the water!

The staff is super friendly and nice in traditional Filipino fashion. I just spent a whole year in Asia and this was one of my fav hotels - though I could only afford it for my last two nights!

***

Hi there! My name is Norm Schriever and I’m an author, pro blogger, cultural mad scientist and enemy of the comfort zone. But mostly I’m just a regular dude from the U.S. who thought there must be more to life than working and playing it safe. So a few years back I quit my job, got rid of all my possessions, and followed my dream of traveling the world and writing about what I saw and experienced.

I hope my words will help people, somehow making the world a better place. You - as a traveler and kindred spirit - are a big part of that goal. So please reach out to me if you need any help or just want to say hi.

Email: hi@NormSchriever.com
Twitter: @NormSchriever
Website and blog: www.NormWrites.com/blog

Room Tip: Ask for water view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My family and I arrived in Manila on June 23, 2014 and we stayed at Hyatt Manila. My family had a great impression with the Philippines thanks to the very friendly staff, clean rooms, magnificent views from our rooms and excellent service. The front desk staff; Cath, Anna and Sheila who assisted with my reservations and rooms; Peter, Concierge Manager on duty who arranged our van, Miguel at Concierge, Dan, Rolan and Miguel who facilitated loading our luggage to our van, and to Miguel and staff at the restaurant who served us delightfully our first meal on Philippine soil. To all, thank you to an unforgettable experience!

• Stayed June 2014
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Just want to recommend this place for Lunch if you like Dim Sum, it's very good. 5 of us went and we will come back again!

Staff are also friendly and happy.

Get here for 12pm because the buffet ends about 14:30

We paid 888 each, they make there money on drinks!

Stayed July 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated my parents' 50th wedding anniversary at Le Salon and we received nothing but praises from the guests on how well organized the place was and how well-mannered the staff was. Rachel Yam was the event organizer and she made sure that our wishes were met most especially those last minute requests. Our parents will forever remember that night, thanks to Hyatt and Rachel. Very professional crew who will try everything to cater your needs and not disappoint. Great job Hyatt!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel and staff were amazing. This is what I expected from The Hyatt. Unfortunately, the location is really shady. I did not want to walk by myself anywhere outside the hotel ground. However, there are security guards and the elevator require a key for it to work. Overall, it was a good experience. The staff made my stay very pleasant.

Stayed July 2014
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Well as the name says the biggest attraction is the Casino and if you are staying in this area this is the best hotel. The other biggest attraction is the location itself. With malls and the beach nearby who can complain.
About the hotel the rooms are nice and clean but might have a damp smell in them. So must leave a note with the staff to turn on the Aircon well before you check in. The rooms are average if compared to other 5 stars I ve stayed in Manila and elswhere.The beds were comfortable and I had good sleep. Room service was nice as all over Philippines.
Did not have any complaints at all during my stay. Food was good but can improve more on the buffet menu.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Hyatt Regency Manila on the INSIDE has all the amenities of a standard *****hotel: nice public spaces, good restaurants, friendly service, a reasonably sized swimming pool ... Rooms look tired and need renovation; bathrooms have a strange halfsize bathtub. What remained a puzzle was a lingering odour of stale cigarette smoke - perhaps because the airco system is shared with the casino? Step OUTSIDE of the hotel and you are in a very seedy part of Manila. Hustlers, harrassers and hookers are waiting, and the local scene is generally unpleasant.

Room Tip: High rooms advised 20th floor up if you want to look beyond the surrounding skyscrapers.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Hotel and Casino Manila? Share your experiences!