“Great hotel, amazing staff , but kinda scary location. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New World Manila Bay Hotel

You added New World Manila Bay Hotel to your Saves list
New World Manila Bay Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1588 Pedro Gil corner MH del Pilar | Malate, Manila, Luzon 1004, Philippines (Formerly Hyatt Regency Hotel and Casino Manila)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Manila
“Great hotel, amazing staff , but kinda scary location. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel and staff were amazing. This is what I expected from The Hyatt. Unfortunately, the location is really shady. I did not want to walk by myself anywhere outside the hotel ground. However, there are security guards and the elevator require a key for it to work. Overall, it was a good experience. The staff made my stay very pleasant.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Well as the name says the biggest attraction is the Casino and if you are staying in this area this is the best hotel. The other biggest attraction is the location itself. With malls and the beach nearby who can complain.
About the hotel the rooms are nice and clean but might have a damp smell in them. So must leave a note with the staff to turn on the Aircon well before you check in. The rooms are average if compared to other 5 stars I ve stayed in Manila and elswhere.The beds were comfortable and I had good sleep. Room service was nice as all over Philippines.
Did not have any complaints at all during my stay. Food was good but can improve more on the buffet menu.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Hyatt Regency Manila on the INSIDE has all the amenities of a standard *****hotel: nice public spaces, good restaurants, friendly service, a reasonably sized swimming pool ... Rooms look tired and need renovation; bathrooms have a strange halfsize bathtub. What remained a puzzle was a lingering odour of stale cigarette smoke - perhaps because the airco system is shared with the casino? Step OUTSIDE of the hotel and you are in a very seedy part of Manila. Hustlers, harrassers and hookers are waiting, and the local scene is generally unpleasant.

Room Tip: High rooms advised 20th floor up if you want to look beyond the surrounding skyscrapers.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

as a HYATT Gold Passport Member in comparison to every Four Corners of the WORLD of Hyatt... they NEED MORE $MILE , FRIENDLY and UnAPPROACHABLE to us Hyatt Gold Member TRAVELER who'll check-n to their Hotel (Manila, Phils.).they DON'T emphasize the Hyatt Members Place where to check n especially they Don't have Hotel LOBBY to WELCOME the Hyatt Gold Passport Members GUEST "Balikbayan" ...so Please ReTrain !!! all HYATT Hotel staff Where We can Feel the Spirit of Hyatt Member exist !!! Front Desk Staff n the Hotel Lobby are Difficult to $MILE .

Room Tip: 8th Floor Rooms facing the Manila Bay ...is Clean, Good and Highly Recommended to STAY, Buffets are...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived late and did not get our requested king bed but upgraded us to bay city room. No bellboy escorted us to our room. The elevators were very fast and needed guests' key card to bring you to the floor you want to go. The room was spacious but the tv was at one side of the room, not centered. Informed them it was our anniversary and we had a complimentary yummy moist choco cake.

We swam at the outdoor pool and saw their tiles were broken at the pool steps. Uh-oh! Almost got wounded. They have a jacuzzi pool which was cool. Ordered 2 glasses of P280 mango shake and it cost us P700 plus, they told us prices did not include tax and service charge. Wow!

Decided to eat out at dinner and had to return our vehicle since traffic at the back of the hotel was so bad and we decided to walk. It was to late when we spotted Robinsons Manila nearby. Cafe Adriatico was around 10 min. walk. There were too many girls in Anime costumes within the area...

Their Market Cafe had almost all kinds of food and was really Continental in that sense. Loved their croissant! Tempted to use their gym which was very spacious, high tech, and the locker room had a jacuzzi and meditation room.

The hotel staff were pleasant, no rudeness in any way. Like their security and valet service...very friendly.

Would return.

Room Tip: Higher cost better room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This has to be the worst hotel ive been 2 @ 12:30sh I returned from my best friends wedding and went to the hotel bar and asked 4 a bottle of Jameson but all they had was wine so I asked 4 champagne in which I was completely satisfied with at least the service went to my rm put music on took a shower at 1:02 AM and I hear a knock a sericuty guard was there so I was extremely confused so I turned off the music and at 145 my brother and cousin stopped in my rm to have a drink before we even had a chance to get glasses I hear another knock on the door and a woman sericuty guard was there saying we we're extremely loud to make a long story short saying its way past 2 am it was 1:58 and she doesnt want but will if necessary will evict at 2am to drive when I cant walk so I go right to bed nxt morning bring the bottle to the front desk and explain they took the bottle back but still charged me for I called she told because it left the bar so I'll never stay at hyatt or qny of its affiliates

• Stayed May 2014
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am a very loyal Hyatt member and stayed at the property mainly due to my Hyatt GP membership and perks. I got a junior suite upgrade on the club floor which made me happy when I checked in. The hotel comes at a discount to the more established Shangri-La and Peninsula crowd. On the map it all looks quite close to everything, but don't be fooled if your meetings are in Makati or Fort, this hotel is not for you. Actually, the location sucks, lots of traffic jam in small roads. Area is kind of seedy and does not invite you for a walk ...

The rooms and public areas are clean but not particularly fancy. The gym and pool are old and could need some upgrading. Breakfast and cocktail hour was good, but the mix of guests was a bid strange when I was there and has probably to do with the area.

Room Tip: high floor, facing the pool or ocean
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to New World Manila Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!