“Strategic location and entertainment places” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Riviera Mansion Hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #24 of 103 Hotels in Manila
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Strategic location and entertainment places”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms for 7 persons for 3 days 2 nights but stayed for 2 days 1 night due to flight complication. Upon our arrival at the hotel at 8am, they served breakfast and room check-in. Convinient and fast. The bell boy and front desk so helpfull. The rooms was clean but no view from window, we can saw only concrete building. The location is near to Robinson, SM Mall, Pub/Club, Philippine History Park and convinient store, 7eleven. But we have issue with airport transfer that we booked earlier. The hotel can't manage to provide vehicle for 7 persons and we just took taxi to airport.

• Stayed April 2014
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time out to write this review. We do have rooms that have better views and you may choose these rooms in the future. Please note the rates for these rooms may be different from the rooms that you had booked. Feel free to check our website for the different tyoes of rooms available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed at this wonderful hotel on 29th Jan 2014. My second time staying in this hotel and as usual smooth transaction all the way to check-in. Best book directly with the hotel via their website. Not much difference in price compared to other on-line booking website.
I booked 2 rooms for 5 adults and 2 children. The kind lady at the front desk found me a connecting room even thou i forgotten to request for it in my booking. Overall such a fine place at a great locations. Even thou i try to find a better place within my budget, it always point me to this hotel. No doubt, Its my 2nd home in manila.
Pros...
1) Less than 5mins walk to Robinsons Mall
2) Plentiful Money Changer around
3) Near to Manila Ocean Park,
4) Near to Mall and Asia and Starcity, paid about 300pesos fare for all 7 of us to Starcity per way.
5) Friendly and smiling hotel staff
In all this hotel suits me in every way. Maybe i paid more for the transfer to places of interest but getting all 7 of us in one car and peace of mind. I guess its worth it coz i'm a foreigner and safety of my entire family is my top priority. And this hotel and the people running it gave a sense of security that i need.

Cons...
No bigger room available for connecting rooms. I kind of shocked to get a mattress instead of a normal bed when i asked and paid for an extra bed. I hope the management would look into it and help me sort out the best possible arrangement in my next stay. That's the only glitches i had during my stay.

To end my reviews, I would like to express my thanks and gratitude to all the staff for making my stay enjoyable and hassle free.

Room Tip: Connecting rooms consist of deluxe and suite room combined. Bedding is 1 double bed in each room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
I have extended your thanks to the staff and they appreciate your kind words. A little tip for your next stay. If you do not need adjoining rooms, I recommend the Junior Excecutive room which comes with a Double bed and a Single Bed. You'll get an actual bed for your extra person charge instead of a fold-away mattress.
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Overall stay is above average.
We were being upgraded to bigger rooms due to booked rooms not available . However, check in took more than 30minutes
Our room is at 8th floor but the street noise (vehicles honking non-stop 24 hours) was terribly irritable for light sleeper like me. So, ask for a room away from main street.
Location is great, all taxi driver knows the place but choose other hotels (a lot nearby from 2 star to 5 star) if you don't like night life because the casino is just opposite & the street is lined with clubs & night angels & prospect customers alike

Room Tip: Higher floor & away from main street
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We like this hotel because the room is big and clean..safety deposit box are provided for free , wifi is free for lobby and caffe but expensive and slow in the room..
Foods are great with a lot of variations,,griendly staff as well and attentive to the guest..
Bad side of this hotel location too much beggars and prostitutes running around the area and its annoying..
Every body is friendly from guards to house keepers..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hi Dianne, I'm glad you enjoyed our room and our staff's hospitality. I understand your concern regarding the beggars in the area. The business owners are working with the city government to implement programs to help beggars leave this way of life. At the same time, we strongly urge tourists to refrain from giving alms to the beggars. Please give to the Department of Social Welfare instead of giving directly to the beggars. Giving directly to beggars encourages them to stay on the streets and use the money for drugs or gambling.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed two nights here when an out-of-town friend came to visit. A bit pricier than other hotels in the same street but sleep quality and service is better. Ordered room service, and the food is bigger in serving and tasted great too, not too expensive as well.

What I like about this hotel is that they call you up first when there is a visitor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors have very bad (close to none) signal. Choose higher rooms instead.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Auburn, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice hotel, clean and large rooms, staff pretty nice, food good and cant beat the free breakfast(if you purchased it or otherwise kinda expensive).Just remember here in the Philippines you only get one beverage so drink slowly as they are small and expensive.. However, please beware that on Mabini St. where hotel is located....pick pockets run rampant!!!! I was pickpocketed within 30 feet of the hotel entrance by street beggars. They are little kids...Popped my secured pocket open with just one bump and had my passport, cash and credit cards stolen in one second..This hotel is located cross from a casino so perfect place to lose your items. I talked with another American at the US Embassy and he was robbed as well there last year. Then your trip is spent at the US Embassy getting a replacement passport!!! Staff offered no help and in fact had to stay over another nite there waiting on my passport and hotel charged me more per night than the original rate and new all my money had been stolen!!!!Be prepared to have more money wired!!! Very apologetic but nevered offered ANYTHING....Staff didnt seem concerned cause they just blew off what had happened...Only one who cared was the officer in charge!!! But still nothing...Will not stay there again.....Being a traveler here with no id, no creditcards, and no cash....and noone seems to care..Plus should get free wifi for what you pay!!!!! Near mall just dont get robbed going there!!!.I will never stay here again and make sure none of my acquaintances stay there either...

Room Tip: Rooms on front can be loud on lower levels due to casino traffic. We were on 7th floor and still he...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you were robbed while walking the streets. The hotel owners in the area are continuously working with the local police to make the area safe for tourists. We have safety deposit boxes at the front office for your valuables and we also have safety deposit boxes in the rooms all at no charge. Guests are encouraged to leave their important items especially passports in the safety deposit boxes to prevent incidents like yours.
Please note that our staff did care. Our staff worked with the local police department and were succesful in tracking down the suspects. We were able to recover your passport and IDs. Unfortunately, this was after you had departed.
You had mentioned, "Nice hotel, clean and large rooms, staff pretty nice, food good and cant beat the free breakfast." Thank you for that, we hope that because of that you would come back and stay with us again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

location was very very bad- this part of malate (and also pretty much the rest of malate as well) is just disgusting- full of teenage prostitution, lots if homeless kids sleeping in the streets and an unsafe feeling at night.

rooms was ok but had an industrial air conditioner in the room which freezes you to death at its lowest level, impossible to sleep.

Staff was nice and we even got upgraded to a "suite" - still doesn't worse it...

trust me, makati is a completely different world and is much more safe and modern plus it's take less time to get there because traffic to malate bad all day and night

• Stayed November 2013
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
I am glad that you liked our rooms and our service. Regardless, I am sorry to hear that you did not like Malate and prefer Makati. Malate and Makati are 2 very different places. Makati with its modern tall buildings and wide streets. Malate, on the other hand, has its own old world charm being one of the oldest cities in Manila. It is near historic places like Intramuros, the walled city with old houses and churches. Rizal Park and Manila Bay are also nearby. A casino across our hotel and a huge mall a few steps away. All these places are within walking distance and there is no need to take a cab (except for Intramuros). Bars are also in abundance. Yes, there are beggars on the streets ( but the police are cracking down on this and the city mayor is in full support). All these contribute to a lively scene all day and all night. If you need peace and quiet from the hustle and bustle outside, stay in one of our VIP rooms and soak in the bathtub. It's definitely not a place for everyone but for sure you won't get bored.

Been to Riviera Mansion Hotel? Share your experiences!