“another great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Mansion Hotel

Save Saved
You added Riviera Mansion Hotel to your Saves list
Riviera Mansion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1638 A Mabini Street, Malate, Manila, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #30 of 103 hotels in Manila
toronto
“another great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

i had a great stay at my favourite malate hotel , i stayed here so many times i lost count , great location near the mall , i really love the fact i have so many options for food only a 5 min walk . i would like to say the girls at front desk do a great job , if your looking for a nice hotel in the heart of malate this is a great choice for under 60$

Room Tip: try and get room at back of hotel , street noise is loud
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
On behalf of the front desk reception staff, thanks for your kind words.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on 31st January 2013 for just one night. No problem with the reservation. Fast check-in without any hassle. My request to change my room due to my daughter having a cold and don't want her to stuck in air-con room for the entire stay was handle with promptness by the staff. They even allowed me to check-in early at no extra charge. I was recommended a premier room that comes with a living room, a separate bedroom and 2 bathrooms. I glad i took it because it was the most beautiful room for the amount of money i paid for it. You can't get the same room for that kind of amount in other cities like in Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur or even Bangkok.

The only downside is that the main door had to be slammed hard for it to close. And apart from that i had to get my cardkey fixed twice since i can't open the door. That was a minor setback but never dampened my stay at the hotel.

Very near to the Robinson Mall about 2-3 minutes walk. There's a 7-11 just a stone throw away from the hotel entrance. Lots of money changers around and i feel safe travelling as a family in the area as long as we are vigilance to our surroundings.

My wife loves the hotel and so does my daughter who loves the space in the room. Had room service and the food was tasty apart from it to be kinda cold. But not too worry there's plenty to eat at nearby Robinson Mall.Not a posh hotel but i assure you that you'll have a wonderful and stress free stay in this hotel. Definitely gonna stay in this hotel in my next visit!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay. Please come back and stay with us again.
Invercargill, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed twice in this hotel, once for one night in July 2009; and on that experience, again for two nights in January 2013. What has changed in between? The bathroom was much better; in 2009 the bath/shower was unworkable and only blurted boiling hot water at us, no matter what the tap setting. This time round, the shower was great!!! Loved it. The area it was in was still nothing to crow about. I am a (married) white male. In 2009 I couldn't poke my nose out of the hotel door after 6:00pm without being hassled by pimps and prostitutes, even when hand-in-hand with my wife. This time round, surprisingly, I had no hassles with these at all. Instead, it was beggars, at all hours of the day. Of course, there's nothing the hotel itself can do about these, but anyone staying here should be aware that these are the hassles you could face just outside the front door. And even though both in 2009 and now, I had no hassles from either pimps or prostitutes inside the hotel itself, there were plenty of practitioners of the "oldest profession" there. You'd have to be blind not to notice.

Location. Well, it's in the heart of Manila in Mabini St. Expect that outside the door it won't be that savoury. In 2009 I had already stayed in Las Palmas three buildings down the street two weeks previously, and so knew what to expect in that department. It's close to Robinson's (though I personally count this as a minus, as I detest Robinson's), close to Rizal Park, close to Manila Ocean Park, close to Manila Zoo; close to Intramuros; and not too far from the Airport. (Whether THAT is good or bad depends on perspective. i personally wouldn't mourn if I never have to endure NAIA 1 again in my life.)

When we checked out this time round, warned by what had happened to a previous reviewer, on being told, "We check the Room," I told them,"You can check it as much as you like," and beat a hasty retreat out the front door.

In summary, our family found it worth while staying in this establishment a second time. Most of the hassles were found out the front door (though I am grateful to a previous reviewer for alerting me to one that could have been a hassle within the walls). We found it a good place to stay. I don't think you'll find much better in Manila for the money. Just be aware of what you'll face after walking out the door, and you can't go wrong here. I found it a good place to stay. Not perfect (what is for this price?) but it was good enough to get us to come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had booked a Deluxe Room in this hotel on their website from 1st Jan to 3rd Jan 2013. Due to some unavoidable circumstances, I had to cancel my trip to Manila and hence I had to cancel this booking too. I sent them a mail in the morning regarding cancellation of the room and to my surprise, within few hours I got reply from them about refund of my booking amount. I really appreciate the promptness. Next time I will surely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Looking forward to seeing you in the near future...
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Superior Rooms here feel like you are renting an apartment. It is very convenient if you like or want to cook your own food. The kitchens are very clean. The bedrooms are adequate. The comfort rooms are clean and met my needs. The restaraunt's food was very good. The services was excellent. Security frowns if you use other taxi service. I had a problem with this because the taxis that park in front of The Riviera like to charge a flat rate. If you don't use a metered Taxi you are going to get cheated. When this happened, I politely said no thank you and waved down another. I tip the taxi driver or round up. Also, the free WIFI in the restaraunt really doesn't work most of the time. Just be prepared to pay for WIFI if you want internet services.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jerico68, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Sir,

My apologies with regards to the security and internet. Waving down a metered taxi is definitely the way to go especially for in town commutes. It would definitely be less expensive than a flat rate taxi. I am glad you enjoyed the Superior room which comes with a kitchen area. We hope to see you again and rest assured that the problem with the internet was an isolated incident with our service provider. It has since been resolved.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was at the Riviera Mansion Hotel for a couple of days (Nov 11 and 12, 2012) before going back to Sydney, I used to stay there every time I go to Manila.. I was able to check in early as I requested that I will be coming early and got no problem checking in and got my room ready as soon as I arrived, friendly staff and very helpful.. Would recommend this hotel. Definitely will stay again over there..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your continuing support. We hope to see you again.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is in a really sleazy part of town.......lots of brothels and old men with young girls. The staff were very friendly and polite but the room had a shocking old air-conditioner which roared like a 747..... we had to have it on as it was pretty hot. Also whist there was a window it looked across at a brick wall and air-con flues. As we were on the first floor it was very dark.... we had the lights on all the time......maybe it would be good to ask for a higher room. The room was clean, a little on the older side but at this price, if it were not for the air-con and the darkness it would have been good value

Room Tip: Make sure you get a high room and check the air-con
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riviera Mansion Hotel? Share your experiences!