“Haven amidst chaos!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Mansion Hotel

You added Riviera Mansion Hotel to your Saves list
Riviera Mansion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1638 A Mabini Street, Malate, Manila, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #33 of 105 Hotels in Manila
Malaybalay City, Philippines
“Haven amidst chaos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with my friends. Clean rooms at affordable price, got our room at promo price, complete with kitchen and living area for only 2450 php- what a bargain!The location is in mabini so expect it to be a little chaotic. Service is good and all hotel staff are hospitable and friendly. Food is good and the price is fair. Ill surely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel room facing the bay....great sunset view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
jerico68, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for the review. We hope to see you again. We also have deluxe rooms starting at rates as low as P2125 per night.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I would describe it as an "unexpected delight". You would expect to get the short end of the stick for a hotel of this price however it was not the case with this one. It defied every preconceived notion of what hotels of this price level would be like. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. The room design wasn't too shabby at all, but the most important aspect of this place was how clean and tidy it was. I loved their attention to cleanliness, and the added bonus, a location at the heart of the bustling metro. This is how all hotels of this level should be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
jerico68, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
On behalf of the housekeeping team, I would like to thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, hoping to welcome you back in the near future.
Lokeren, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had a very special check-in. Arrived almost 2 hours early with my Asian daughter and her kid. I asked permission to put my luggage in the lobby. I said "madam, I'll go out to smoke 7 sigarettes till it is time to check in." Answer: "don't do sir, we will help you immediately". Ten minutes later: "sir your room is ready..." Fifteen minutes later I came down to ask for an extra pillow for the kid to sleep on: "yes sir, we will bring it, and it is for free"; later I needed boiling water..."yes sir, we will bring it and it is for free..."

Got a room with modern design furniture, large bathroom, fridge and really thick carpet... if ever you have a fight with your partner and do not want to share the bed: no problem, you can easily sleep on the carpet...huhu!
Breafast is set breakfast, but don't worry, you won't feel hungry!

Personally I did not like the location and on the other hand, I liked it very much. Difficult to understand? Maybe easy when I tell you that the front entrance is Mabinistreet which I don't like at all...but a shortcut brings you to Adriaticostreet, which is a much better part of of Malate.

Was everything ok then? No! On the 3rd day of my stay I got seriously sick. I wanted to check my bodytemperature before going to Manila Doctors Hospital...on UN Ave.

No thermometer available at the reception, no first aid kit, nothing at all. If ever you cut your finger seriously you have to run to 7/11.... Is a first aid kit such a big investment for a wellknow hotel like the Mansion? Maybe they can put a donation box at the reception to buy a first aid kit, at Mercury at Padre Faure...

I know that I may not exaggerate...The Mansion is one of the better hotels (value for money) in Ermita/Malate!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jerico68, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Sir,
We are glad you enjoyed our facilities during your stay. I have just checked with the staff and we do have a first aid kit. We don't have a thermometer though. It was something that was missed but I have since had thermometers ordered. Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I loved the rooms in this hotel. Stylish and clean and pretty affordable. The staff were really kind too. I recommend this for those who want to stay in a quiet, comfortable place in the middle of busy Manila. Everything was just a stone's throw away and it was very easy to get around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights with my friends during the final leg of our trip around South East Asia. This little gem along Malate exceeded our preconceptions. For the price we paid, I wasn't expecting much but we were pleasantly surprised with the service. Rooms were clean and decent. Location is very convenient. It is only a stone's throw away from Robinsons Mall and the famous Manila Bay. Bars, restaurants, spas, and casinos also gives the area a nice vibrant atmosphere at night. Overall, a delightful place for travellers on a shoe string budget.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Riviera Mansion is a good hotel in manila. Location is convenient 3 minutes walk from Robinson Place. The service here was great and also the room here was great. All the staff here are very friendly especially the room attendant staff. The room here are newly renovated, very clean room and i love the bathtub here. I would recommend this Hotel to everyone...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

First of all it was my mistake to book in Malate. If you are here for business or solo or just friends it would do but to stay in Malate was just a turnoff for us because of the feel of a red light district. As for the hotel, we had to upgrade from a superior room to a queens suite yet it was very small & the main problem with all the rooms is that they have very small windows. even the fixed menu breakfast was not worth it. The staff wasn't friendly or helpful in terms of suggesting attractions or other things.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jerico68, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for replying to my messages and am glad that you had clarified your concerns about our hotel. As per your message, your main concern came from the misunderstanding of upgrading to a "Queen's Suite" that you find too small to be called as such. I sincerely regret the misunderstanding but the room is actually a Suite with a Queen-sized bed, not a "Queen's Suite". I am certain that if your expectations were not unnecessarily raised by the misunderstanding that you would find your room a good value. At 45 square meters (450 square feet) with a rate of P3560 ($85) including breakfast for 2, a living room, 2 LCD TVs and floor-to-ceiling windows in the bedroom, it is well-priced in the area. We are a value-priced hotel situated in the center of Malate, close to all the action with the casino across the street and the mall being just a short walk away. Most of our rooms (Premier and VIP) are recently renovated. Our rooms range from 28 to 45 square meters with rates starting at P2125 for the Deluxe.

Been to Riviera Mansion Hotel? Share your experiences!