“Excellent Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lotus Garden Hotel

You added Lotus Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Lotus Garden Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1227 A. Mabini corner Padre Faura Sts., Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines (Malate)   |
Ranked #22 of 105 Hotels in Manila
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This has been my fifth visit in Manila and I have always chosen Lotus Garden Hotel. From the airport pick-up up to my check-out, everything had always been so easy.

The room has adequate space, just enough for two person to roam around. The bed were neatly done and the bathroom is quite nice too [with hot/cold shower].

But what stood out from this hotel is the service and hospitality of all the staffs whom assisted me throughout my stay. This is an excellent hotel for long staying guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I came back to manila for a family reunion i am attending, and to my surprise i found a new family in the midst of lotus..

Their service was great, plus the staffs there were very helpful. They were warm and friendly, unlike staffs from other hotel who moves and talks like a bunch of robots..

My stay was comfortable and had a sense of the Filipino home. This was my right choice.

• Stayed December 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lotus had been my cozy home since day 1, as the staffs were the warmest and friendliest people you could ever meet. They were accommodating and helpful in my every need. Since I'm visiting alone, the reception people had been my friends, making me feel at home.

The restaurant is just right, serving buffet breakfast every morning and a variety of dishes when you want to order for lunch and dinner.

The location is superb since its very close to nearly all kinds of establishments: Gigantic Malls, Numerous Restaurants, Amusement Parks, the US embassy, the Airport, Intramuros (Old walled City), Disco Bars, etc...

The rooms were clean and cozy. Space wise: not as big as other hotels', but I liked it just the same. I was glad to have my room UPGRADED by the reception.

Their facilities were also good. I had a good time using their gym and jacuzzi. The business center was also as helpful and informative as the reception. The staff there helped me with the documents I needed for work.

KUDOS for a job well done to Lotus Garden Hotel! I will definitely come back on next visit to manila.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The rooms are nice and clean, the service is very good and it's located in walking distance of Robinsons Mall.
We will probably stay here the next time we go to Manila as this is good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fukuoka, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We wanted a couple of nights in Manila after our trip to Australia and before returning to Puerto Galera. Friends in PG recommended the Lotus Garden so we booked through Agoda. Paid around AUD60/night for Superior room with breakfasts.

Not having arrived in MNL before, we took advantage of the airport pickup service. Relatively expensive at PHP800, but it saved the hassle of bargaining with taxi drivers and getting our luggage loaded.

First impressions: good 3-star type hotel, marble in the foyer, not huge public space, welcoming staff. The neighbourhood was a bit scruffy, but then again it is Manila. Robinson Mall is about 5 minutes walk down Padre Faura St.

The room was large enough but very plain. Wooden parquetry floor, desk, wardrobe, bedside tables. Good light-proof curtains ensure a sleep-in. Bathroom with shower and toilet quite adequate. Aircon was a window-rattler which worked well. One thing though - the mattress was very firm! My wife has a sore hip and she found it difficult to get comfortable.

A large CRT TV wasn't working the first night because the cable company had a problem. Later we had access to nearly 90 channels. A fairly large fridge held the usual drinks but not too expensive (can of beer PHP60 vs 40 in 7/11).

Breakfast in the downstairs restaurant was fine, with choice of western or local. Only one cereal was offered, but fruit, eggs, ham for western people. Lots of local foods for Filipinos. We also had dinner one night, again the choice was quite good and prices reasonable.

Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel.

Rizal Park is only about 4 blocks away, so an easy walk. We went by jeepny for the experience for PHP8 each. It is an interesting walk around the 'Japanese' and Chinese gardens and planetarium.

In summary, perfectly adequate for a stopover in MNL.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bass lake, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We met Girlfriends Sister and her family. They stay here when ever they come to Manila. Great location close to lots of things nice quiet clean room. Staff is very helpful, friendly and nice. When we come back we will stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, we are a western couple staying one night before our flight home the following evening. As such, our budget has been around 1.5k pesos per night average. This hotel only had a grand deluxe room left, at a cut price of 3k per night which we took as it offers a good location for sightseeing and looks quite nice from the outside.

However, for that price, the room is very average (certainly no better than rooms we have paid 1k a night for elsewhere), the wifi didnt reach our room, and the breakfast is pretty much a dinner buffet with pork tortilla and fish curry some of the choices on offer. Overall, fine for location and perfectly clean and comfortable but don't be lured in by the fancy reception - not worth the money.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Lotus Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!