“A beautiful haven” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 69 Attractions in Manila
Type: Religious Sites, Parks, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: This former cemetery is now a manicured park and venue for fairs and concerts featuring local artists and musicians.
Australia
66 attraction reviews
“A beautiful haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I loved this park, with its rich history, but walk up the side road to its many entrances, known by locals to avoid being hit by a fee at the main front entrance. Take a camera!

Visited January 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Las Pinas, Philippines
23 attraction reviews
“Accompanying my parents back to Paco Park on their 40th Anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This year of the water snake or 2013 is my parent's 40th Wedding Anniversary. And wouldn't it be romantic and lovely to see my parents re-trace their steps back to where they wed 40 years ago at St. Pancratius Chapel in Paco Park. The last time I visited the place was when my mom's youngest sister (my aunt) wed in in the 90's which was 20 years later my parents wed at the same chapel.

We were lucky to visit the place on a weekend for we found the church all decored or prepped-up for a wedding. About 2 groups were having a photo shoot at the said Paco Park grounds, which afforded us a view of the church with the fountain opened for the shoot and the wedding.

The park is really kept clean and I have to give a hand to the adminstrators of the park for the well-kept grounds and restrooms. A marker is now built to hail the 1st Landscape Architect of the country and National Artist. Near the back of the church can be found a bas-relief of the country's National Hero Dr. Jose Rizal painted in gold.

Much has been done for the upkeep, maintenance and improvement of the park with a number of additions. I believe much has been underway in keeping with the modern times yet remaining the same Paco Park we have known as we have grown through the years with memories of the past from wedding photos of my mom in the 70s to keep.

Visited February 2013
Manila
31 attraction reviews
“Just stroll”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nothing much can be said here. The church is always closed, it is used maybe on special occasions, The garden is usually a venue for events like receptions for wedding and debut.

Manila, Philippines
“perfect wedding venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

my in-laws got married here. my husband and i also got married here. hope my son got married here to. A very solemn place, perfect for weddings! you can also rent the place for wedding reception.

Frankfurt
24 attraction reviews
“Calm, green park near Intramuros”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We visited Paco Park and the Paco Park Chapel in particular to attend a wedding ceremony. The park is a scenic, green island in the middle of grey, hectic, noisy Manila. Great for a stop to stroll and enjoy the shade for a short while.

Visited December 2012