Not a bad hotel, but a quaint boutique hotel with some very nice touches and some drawbacks. I was booked in here by local hosts and paid for a few nights myself; as my room was upgraded for free, I had a suite overlooking Manila Bay for € 42 including breakfast, which is cheap even by Manila standards.
+ modern bedroom with good bed
+ good tv and programming
+ varied, small but fresh breakfast with local specialties
+ friendly, very honest staff
+ cheap laundry
+ usually empty pool
+ very cheap
+ good safety regulations and team
+ view of Manila Bay, if distant
- old-fashioned living-room with no writing desk or closet space
- very loud, very sharp A/C that did not even manage to cool the living room
- rather noisy from the outside (windows), no matter which side, from cars to roosters
- no place to plug in international gadgets except two far from any table etc.
- no face or hand towels in the bathroom and very cheap condiments
- pool so heavily chemicaled that an accidental drop on the lips outright hurt (you do need goggles)
- breakfast only til 10am
- relatively slow laundry
- it is not possible to walk to or from the rooms (from or to the lobby / ground floor) without taking the elevator for at least one floor. That's due to the peculiar architecture of the hotel, but of course it's an immense hazard in case of fire, earthquakes etc.
Across the street, to the left (past the hotel there) and first one right, is the old Harrison Plaza mall. This is close by (one is in the access way in about three minutes), and although not glitzy, has all in the conveniences (food, clothes, services, small restaurants) one could need.
If one walks on rather than turning, one reaches Manila Bay at the ASEAN garden in less than 15 minutes.
Recommended as a quite cheap, not-bad Manila option, but in a city with luxury ***** hotels below € 100, not necessarily a place I would visit again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia and HostelBookers so you can book your Orchid Garden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchid Garden Hotel Manila
- Orchid Garden Manila