“Plush hotel, high cost but worth it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bayview Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bayview Park Hotel to your Saves list
Bayview Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1118 Roxas Boulevard, Corner United Nations Avenue, Ermita, Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines (Ermita)   |
Ranked #42 of 103 hotels in Manila
India
“Plush hotel, high cost but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

high budget hotel. expensive. but plush and worth it.
service was good. cheerful staff.

breakfast was sumptuous. the hotel is very close to Rizal park (with its musical fountain). It is easy to get a cab. but bewarned - the road gets filled with traffic jams at peak time.

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

I had a reservation for 6 nights and had to depart after just two days. The rooms are archaic as are the amenities. The front desk staff are quite possibly the most poorly trained and inept service industry persons i have ever come across. Day two of my stay there was BROWN water for my shower. As i was leaving early for another property (Bellevue...which i STRONGLY recommend) There was a line up of literally 12 guests all of which were complaining about various items....all to a group of young lady desk staff that were completely incompetent in their handling of the various situations. It is a third world hotel.....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Guam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

Well what can I say you get what you pay for.
I paid only about $65 USD for one night
NO WIFI in the room
This hotel is about 12 stories high and when I was looking for a hotel in Manila I had 3 main criteria’s.
(1) Price around $60 USD
(2) Location NEXT TO MANILA BAY in downtown Manila
(3) Tall hotel with a room on top floor to see sun rise/sun set + good water view.
I stayed on the 9th floor. When I was there (Oct2010) they were doing some construction to the room next door, I notice the door was open and peaked in there. It was not loud or anything but it’s interesting to know.
The front desk is really nice and fancy with big open space. The door men are really luxurious and smile. The baggage guy takes your luggage all the way up to your room so that is fancy I was not expecting that. They were even able to keep an eye on my bags after I checked out and wanted to go check out the town for the day and came back later to pick them up.
The breakfast was free with the room. It was ok, they end it at 10am and that is when I got there. Good milk and I was happy they had scrambled eggs but they were WAY undercooked so I had to microwave them. Watermelon was good. I even forgot my breakfast pass in my room and they let me eat there with just saying my room number 
When I was checking out they try to double charge me because before going to PH I made an online reservation and had to pay $6 which was like 10% of the bill as a deposit and when I was checking out I notice the laid tried to have me sign for the full amount again with my credit card so good thing I caught that because they I would be charge twice.
I always need more pillows then they give so it was nice to be able to call the front desk with the in room phone and ask for more pillows and 2min later they brought it to my room for free.
There was a small fridge in the room full of drinks but if you took something you had to pay for it extra. There was a price list at the fridge but everything was way to expensive then in the store next door.
The TV was small and old with couple of channels I did not like it at all but what can u do.
Its funny because there was a wifi router in the room bolted to the wall next to the ciling and I did see couple of wifi signals but it did not work. I even called the front desk and they try to help but it just did not work and they even said it doesn’t work.
The furniture in the room was outdated but they try to put lots of locker on it to make it look good. Witch it did from fare away hehehe
I give this hotel 3 out of 5 because of NO NET IN ROOM which really sucked.
As I said you get what you pay for so if you want good location and cheap price this is the BEST hotel in Manila that I found so fare. But next time I will try another one.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

First the hotel is old, and what can you get on an old hotel? Old carpets, smelly hallways, old elevators, old airconditioners that sounded like a jet engine. They check your bags before you get in the elevator and didn't want you to bring any foods, water or anything that you can eat in your room. The rooms are big but nothing special, basic amenities that you can find on a cheap hotel somewhere else. Reception is also bad, clerk wouldn't acknowledge you or even say hi. On the check out, they had us pay 200pesos for a drink they said we consumed from the fridge at the room, i argued but to no avail and just decided to pay for it so i can get out of their old, bad serviced hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Tarrif is a valid consderation in choosing accomodation, however there is a point where no price bracket represents value received. This place has abysmal standards in just about every aspect of the hospitality industry. The Phlippines is not a third world country and no one should be subjected to this standards in an otherwise cultured and friendly country. Only breathing in this establishment is not an extra charge and don't waste your breath here- they are charging you for that from next week. There is much better value just across the street ( not the US embassy)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I had a bad experience at the Bayview Park Hotel Manila when I check out.
The fact was that day I arrived at the hotel they gave me 2 plastic card keys
one of the keys did not work, so I laid it on the table in the hotel room.
When I checked out they charged me 150 pesos for the missing key I told them that I put the key on the table in the hotel room because the key does not work. But they claimed they could not find the key in the room so they demanded that I paid the 150 pesos for the missing key and if I did not pay, it was not possible to leave the hotel.
I was upset because I felt they took me as a hostage; ultimately I pay because I don’t want to miss my airplane.
And someone has to coordinate the guy’s from the staff who just hangs around the front door. They behave like street boys, and seemed not particularly interested in helping customers to find taxis etc.

Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

this place is very convenient if you have something to do at the US Embassy. that's why I am still recommending it despite the following experiences:

When you check in tell them that you don't want a room that has a connecting door to the adjacent room. these doors are not insulated at all and you can hear every detail of your neighbor's sex life at 4:30 am. The receptionist won't ask you if it is ok for you to have such a room but most of them are connected to other rooms. they will only give you a room without a connecting door if you ask for it.

Drain plug mechanism for bath tub was broken and we had to talk to 5 different people explaining the problem over and over again until finally someone showed up with a rubber plug. The next night we were transferred to a different room that was ok. No disturbing noise at 4:30 am but the TV was broken. their "engineer" came to fix it but it lasted only for a short time and we gave up.... Free breakfast stops exactly at 10:00 am if you are 1 minute late you won't even get a coffee from them anymore.

No free Wifi, you can't even get Wifi at the Starbucks next door or the other Starbucks across the street.

After I tried to call a landline number and received a message "this number can not be reached" I had to pay 16 pesos. The receptionist explained "there was a connection of 5 second..."

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Bayview Park Hotel? Share your experiences!