“Pretty good ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Hotel Philippines

You added Diamond Hotel Philippines to your Saves list
Diamond Hotel Philippines
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Roxas Boulevard cor. Dr. J. Quintos St., Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Manila
“Pretty good ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was very happy with the hotel , although it was a quick one night , I was happy with the room and the food , the sushi was good , had a good nights sleep , although the rooms ac was running a bit cool even at 25 c , the bed was super comfy and service was fast . All in all no issues and happy.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel for business. I was very impressed with this hotel. When I arrived at check-in the staff was very quick, efficient and friendly - very welcome after an international flight and the long time it took to get from the airport to the hotel due to the weather impacted traffic.

I like the layout of the hotel and the main entrance. I especially like the cafe lounge located on the left when you walk in. The staff there was always friendly and it made for a nice place to have a drink, coffee, or a quick bite and transition from work to the evening or to end the evening before returning to my room.

I am glad they have the security at the front of the hotel and in the lobby which is comforting. The front lobby was always alive and busy with bustling people and weddings and other parties the hotel was hosting. People were always in a happy and good mood which added to the nice feeling of staying in the hotel. This bustling made it feel like a very nice place to be staying while in Manila.

The hotel is older and I like the architecture. For example, my room was far away from the elevators, making my room quiet - the design of each floors and the location of the elevators lends to quietness. That is helpful to get my rest, especially if on jet lag. There are plenty and a wide variety of types of restaurants and shopping very close by within walking distance or a short taxi ride to Mall of Asia. There is even a Starbucks on the same block as the hotel. The room was very nice and spacious and service was consistent and room service always attended to my room every day and everything was clean when I returned at the end of my business day. As a business traveler, I haven't always received this at other hotels, so this was welcome and added to the comfort of my stay. My room had an excellent view of the Bay and the skyline of the skyscrapers around the Diamond Hotel. I really enjoyed looking out at the bay each morning.

One of the disadvantages of this hotel is that it doesn't seem to be partnered with any of the international chains; only a loyalty program for its own chain. If it was, this would be my top preference for return business trips.

Room Tip: Corner room with a Bay View provides excellent views any time of the day. I stayed in a corner room...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Daraga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our flight was cancelled and PAL put us up in this hotel. I would guess it has been around for a while, but looks well maintained. The offer a high level of security - no vehicle can get in front without a check, all hand carry bags are checked before going into the hotel. I don't know if our room was typical, but it was very large and well appointed. Included a sofa and a desk. There was an orange as a welcome gift. The bathroom had all the amenities for personal care. A safe is provided, as well as slippers and bathrobes. There was a minibar, and free water, coffee and tea. We ate dinner at the buffet compliments of PAL. The brochure said it was a Christmas special buffet at P1,800 ($40) per person, expensive at that. It was, however, fabulous - including sushi, Japanese, Italian, Indian, Filipino, Chinese, etc. Did not include drinks. Other than the rooms and dining, it appeared to have little else to offer. Don't know that I would stay here if I had to pay the bill - maybe for special occasions. If you don't have any problem with the price, I would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Check in was slow. But apart of that good stay again at Diamond hotel. Breakfast buffet nice. Property showing its age however.
But comfortable stay overall. Nice friendly staff.
Only disappointing is the dress-code warning received at the reception upon check in.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My family in the Philippines & I love to stay in Diamond Hotel. Rooms are clean & the view outside is great! We love the buffet lunch & dinner there. Staffs are so attentive & nice esp Ezekiel of Corniche & Margarette (front desk). I ve celebrated my bday in their Skylounge, band is very good & funny. Diamond Hotel is excellent for me & for my family!

• Stayed November 2014
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

everything is up to standard and hotel class, the only downfall is the hotel's location due to manila's heavy traffic in the roxas boulevard. Nevertheless, it's one of my fave hotel for functions and symposiums

• Stayed January 2014
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We tried this hotel just for an overnight stay. When you enter the Hotel is smells food and smoke from the food. All the staff are so rude (front desk) they are so slow! the room is old and smells old. it is also small. there is no spectacular in this hotel aside from the bay view. Well there are other hotels offer the bay view and a real 5 star hotel. The location of this hotel is not good and not safe

Room Tip: Just book online and don't expect anything.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DiamondHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Diamond Hotel Philippines, responded to this review, today
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Diamond Hotel Philippines!

Thank you for your comments. Here at Diamond Hotel we aim to provide you the with our Diamond class service, it is unfortunate that we have failed to exceed your expectations during your last stay.

We would like to also thank you for submitting your comments through Tripadvisor which helped us rectify the issues you mentioned on your review.

Please note that your comments are shared with all the Managers and the staff, and every effort is taken to ensure that your expectations are met.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Maria Zarina Nicolas
Guest Services Manager

Diamond Hotel Philippines
Roxas Blvd. cor. Dr. J. Quintos St.
Manila 1000, Philippines
Tel No.: (+63 2) 528.3000 / (+63 2) 305.3000 local 1111
Fax no.: (+63 2) 521.8724 / (+63 2) 526.2255

Been to Diamond Hotel Philippines? Share your experiences!