“ok hotel for short stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Las Palmas Hotel

You added Las Palmas Hotel to your Saves list
Las Palmas Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1616 A. Mabini Str., Malate, Manila, Luzon PH 1004, Philippines (Malate)   |
Ranked #80 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“ok hotel for short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

stayed for 4 nights in march 2013. better to pay a little more for superior deluxe room which is bigger quieter. A.Mabini street is very busy and noisy. Room was clean and comfortable as was bathroom/comfort room high pressure cold and hot water for decent shower. A sliding door to the outside leads to a glassed in balcony(with sliding windows) which is good if you are a smoker.Aircon was efficient. Foyer was clean and staff i dealt with were helpful but not overly friendly.
Hotel is only 2 blocks (5 minutes) wald to the large robinsons mall.
In this Ermita area be aware that this is also partly a red light area. Wear good footwear as sidewalk and streets are very uneven.
NOTE: there is a 7/11 right next door that sells most things. A Starbucks is available at Robinsons mall if you want decent coffee.
I would stay here again but for short time only. Eg. if you have to visit St. Luke Hospital for medicals etc.

Room Tip: choose a superior deluxe
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChonaAlejan, Manager at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for the positive feedback with Las Palmas hotel. We hope to see you back again. Please recommend our hotels to your friends and family for stay. Just to inform you that our hotel is now providing the WIFI for unlimited use without surcharge.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tacloban City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for one night because of it's not so expensive rates and good location: Near malls (Robinsons & MOA), banks, restos, parks/attractions, 24 hour stores (seven eleven & mini stop), and transits. It's easy to get around the city from this hotel.

Okay so first impressions, the hotel's front desk staff was somewhat unfriendly and not so polite, they just have poor customer service. They'll just provide you with what u need.
The hotel's lobby was wide and comfortable. The elevator was fast enough to get us to the 6th floor in just a few seconds. I was a bit disappointed coz the room we had has no windows coz its in the central part of the building, but it didn't really bother me coz the room was clean and a good value for what I paid for. Upon entering the room, there was a closet on the left side which automatically lights up when the doors are opened and on the right side was the toilet and bath which was clean and complete with toiletries. Past it was a small dining table, a dresser, a double bed, a standard TV, and a mini ref.
The room was great and comfortable. The only thing is that their TV's cable reception is so bad, only a few channels are clear enough to watch.

They said they had free wifi in the room, so we asked the front desk for the username and password so we can access the net. But they just told us to come all the down to the front desk to claim the stub with those info, then we found out that only one user per room can access the FREE wifi and only lasts 30 minutes of use, after that there will be an additional charge if you still want to get reconnected. That sucks, it's really not free just a trial.haha Well anyway its not the WIFI why we stayed, its the comfortable stay and good location.

Pros:
-Good Location
-Clean and comfortable room
-Ref in a standard room
-Card access rooms
-Good value

Cons:
-Bad cable TV reception
-Front desk staff less friendly
-Poor customer service

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ChonaAlejan, Manager at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Sir,

On behalf of our entire team, i would like to apologize to yoi for not exceeding yoi expectations. Your feedback is very important and we will be using this to improve our service and to ensure we offer better experience to our future guest. We will surely implement and give necessary retraininh to improve the level of service. Thank you for your good feedback to our hotel room. We hope you consider to stay in our hotel.

Auckalnd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nothing much to talk anout this hotel apart from good location. It was close to a mall.

Hotel staff were friendly and nice. Room was not impressive and needed some extra attention. Bed and pillows were not that great either.

Nothing impressive apart from the location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. WILSON,

Thank you for uour kind comments appreciating oir staff in servicing you during you stay in our hotel.For our guest rooms all has been improved specially our beds and pillows. We hope you will give us a chance to prove to extend to you the best service we can. Hope to see you again in your next visit in manila.

Baguio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed overnight on this hotel with a friend. View from the outside gives you the impression that this is a 3 or 5 star hotel...well don't be deceived...this place is dirty with unfriendly, unprofessional staff to begin with..the food they serve doesn't do justice to the price they charge..stay away from this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Las Palmas Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear milesexplorer,

Thank you for taking time to review you stay in Las Palmas Hotel.

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay at the hotel. Your comment was taken seriously for improvement.

We do hope to see you again to serve you at our very best.

Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a sorry excuse for a hotel. Reception takes tooooo long! The food on their restaurant was inedible and it took about an hour to serve..and we were the only customers there! Rooms are old, needs updating. The location is terrible. Just a couple minutes away are clubs and bars where prostitutes frequent. We regret ever paying, price didn't justify

Room Tip: Find better hotels
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Daniel G,

We would like to thank you for bringing this into our attention. Your comment was taken as a challenge for us to improve our service.

Looking forward to see again in Las Palmas Hotel to serve you better.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Have stayed at the las palmas on many occasions from 1980's to 2012.
Las Palmas is in a good location and a good place to start exploring the Philippines.
The hotel is good value for money as you get what you pay for.
If possible choose a room at the back of the hotel as it is less noisy and take ear plugs if you are not used to a lot of noise.
Very close to Robinson's shopping mall and other tourist attractions.
Pepare to be hassled by street vendors and beggars but that is all the experience and fun of a trip to the Philippines.

Room Tip: Back of Hotel less noisy
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear plwilliamsEngland,

Thank you for the positive review and you for always choosing Las Palmas Hotel through the years of visit in the Philippines.

We are glad to know that you still find our hotel a good place to stay. We are looking forward in welcoming you back again here in Las Palmas Hotel in your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I had a reservation for this place back in December 2011 which I ended up cancelling. The reason being that custromer service sucks. When I wanted to make some changes to my reservation I fired off an email with my request. After about a week I still did not receive a reply. I then called Las Palmas from Canada on the telephone and was rudely told that I would have to call back later as they were too busy to help me at that time. I sent off another email asking for someone to please acknowledge my request. Still nothing. I sent off yet another email but this time I advised that I would be cancelling my reservations due to their lack of response. I should point out that almost one month had passed since my original email to their "Sales Dept.". To my surprise, I got a response from the hotel's manager. Do you think I received an apology or explanation for the delay and the way I was treated? Hell no. This manager, quite rudely in her reply, said that her staff are extremely busy and don't have time to respond to every email. She also said that she didn't care if I was cancelling as it was high season and that she could easily re-sell my room to someone else at a higher rate. She also stated that I should bypass Manila and go straight to my destination city in Cebu (yes, they were aware of my travel plans). I couldn't believe what I was reading! This manager was defending her reservation staff's incompetence and basically told me to screw-off! I replied back advising her that she has no business in telling mean how and where I should travel and that she should herself and her staff learn some customer service skills before even considering offering travel advice.
Did I stay there? Hell no!

Room Tip: The best tip that I can give is to NOT stay at this place. Customer service is horrendous.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Las Palmas Hotel? Share your experiences!