“Not good Hotel in Manila” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Las Palmas Hotel

You added Las Palmas Hotel to your Saves list
Las Palmas Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1616 A. Mabini Str., Malate, Manila, Luzon PH 1004, Philippines (Malate)   |
Ranked #80 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Novara
“Not good Hotel in Manila”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed there in august 10 . The hotel it is expensive (but good price for manila standard) the quality of room is terrible. They proposed me one with the window open,,,,in the corridor (when i took off the curtain,,,,i looked at the corridor) The furniture is extra dated with old furniture and okd tv. Aircon extra noisy. U can also see little beatles in the bathroom. Not a good experience . They dont even have safebox in the room but u have to leave your values in the lobby, very unconfortable

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Las Palmas has been apart of my family since I was a baby. Everytime we flew to the Philippines Lap Palmas would be the hotel we stay in Manila. Since my fathers passing and bringing his ashes to the Philippines we decided to stay at Las Palmas as kind of a pilgramage for Dad. The staff knew my father but not much of me and mum because the staff is new and for the last few years we have been flying via Cebu instead of Manila.

First problem I encontered was that the website was showing incorrect information. When I called to inform of our arrival times and also to confirm the room they informed me of the correct rates. I was lucky enough they gave me a discount because of the misleading info on the website.

We got a room with a king size bed, I would have rather prefered two double beds but it was ok still nice and large. Toilet and shower was all fine, great view from our room and the airconditioning was perfect only problem was that it was a room facing the street and it was bloody noisy all night. I didnt get a good sleep always beeping and jeepneys going past.

They had a safe down stairs which I was able to put our money in and the internet was nice and fast. Loved the location 7 eleven store was right next door, casino accross the road and you was so free to bring in foods as your like, you can even have food delivered thats how much they didnt mind.

One problem is that the streets, when it rains it gets flooded so when it finishes to rain u have to wait for about a hour before the streets are decent to walk in. Hotel was right next to Robinson mall also.

Its disappointing now that they dont have a swimming pool, they used to in the old days before they merged with other hotels. Food was really yummy prices were ok standard hotel prices. Overall I was pritty satisfied, sorry to say but I probably would want to stay in a classier hotel because when I travel especially in the Philippines I like to stay in accomodations that I wouldnt be able to stay in, in Australia.....

Room Tip: If you want a good night sleep request a room that is not facing the street
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I had the misfortune of staying here for 2 nights.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed there Oct 20-21 and were impressed with the state of the hotel. A typhoon had passed through Manila 2 weeks before our stay and our hotel was hit by all the flooding with about 2 feet of water in the lobby but when we got there the place looked like nothing had happened. The staff is friendly, rooms are spacious, clean,reasonably priced and the hotel is close to shopping and all amenities.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sosnowiec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stayed at Las Palmas in may 04 and there was some construction outside during the day but at nite it was quiet. they are located near a major mall and a nice walk from several hotspots for nite time entertainment. The price quoted me at check in was note the price i got, they lowered the prices and gave me the better price. There are people at the doors and security everywhere, giving a safe feeling. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Very nice place to stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Stayed in Las Palmas hotel a few times when in Manila.
Everytime i stay i mention i always come back here and they give me a discount which is great.Great service at the desk and bell boys friendly and helpful.Food is reasonablely priced and tastey.Like the food room service speedy and prompt.Rooms are comfortable but average size for the price.Beds are very comfortable and clean.Lots of chanels on tv .Air con is good.Bathroom is spacious and the shower is powerful in most rooms.Only thing is the internet is pricey and would put most people away from staying here as most hotels have free wi-fi nowadays.Security in this hotel is good so i feel my valuables are safe when i am not there.Always a metered taxi outside this hotel so you can go anywhere for a few pesos.Right in the heart of Malate too.I would put this as my best hotel for price and comfort in Manila.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

When I first got off the plane in Manila, suddenly this lady runs up to me and convince me to stay at Las Palmas Hotel. This is One of the worst mistakes I made in my life. Every Time I turned around the hotel was charging me for everything from dirty towels to guest who would visit me etc. The hotel Staff was rude and disrespectful! My Filipino friend came to visit me at the Las Pamas Hotel, and she says the concierge and staff always talk bad about there guest to every Filipino who comes and visits them, and give the guest a really hard time. They Charge 1300 peso per visitor. Me and my guest almost got into a fight with the Concierge and Staff, because they were being so rude to me and my guest! One concierge called my friend a wh@#* and fat and other thing horrible things in there language, she did not want to tell me everything they said. I could not believe it! I did not come here for that. I came to relax and enjoy myself. I stayed there for a week and had to clean my own room and change my own towels because the hotel staff just did not bother. Everyday you step out the hotel lobby doors you are bombarded with dudes trying to sell you girls for the night, and they do not stop harassing you, they just sit their in front of the Las Palmas Hotel and wait for your return to Harass you even more! Please DO Not Stay at this Hotel.. You will come to regret it , as I did!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Las Palmas Hotel? Share your experiences!