My bf and I stayed here because we were attending a friend's wedding (held at the oldest church - San Agustin).
This hotel is a great hotel. Rooms are clean, good amenities, and great team of butlers there who will pretty much help you with every need.
Few minor complaints:
1) Pool - depending on when you go to swim, sometimes the pool isn't clean yet; my bf and I went at 8:00am and there were bugs floating on top of the pool water.
2) Location - While the hotel itself is pretty good; the area around the hotel is REALLY shady. I'm a very dressed down person and don't really bring attention to myself when I travel, but gosh darn, I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb (even though most people would say that I look filipina). Definitely be sure to take off all jewelry and don't wear flashy clothes.
3) Key Card / Electricity - be sure to push down on your key card in the socket when you're in the room to turn on the electricity. I guess I didn't put the key card all the way in - and the lights automatically turned off when I was already in the room. I ended up running into the wall and bruised the area around my left eye (because I have glasses on).
Overall, the hotel is great. I would say probably in the top notch category. The location is terrible, however! Oh.. and be sure to compare prices on different websites. I originally booked with hotels.com because it was cheaper. However, we decided to stay an extra night, and it was cheaper to book the extra night through the hotel website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pan Pacific Manila Hotel is the first and finest luxury hotel in the Philippines that delivers the promise of royal treatment by providing all guests with impeccable 'Butler Service' - a unique concept of consolidated services associated with the utmost personalised care. Located at the heart of the historical and cultural district of Malate in Manila, Pan Pacific Manila Hotel is just a short drive from the city's convention, exhibition and business centres. It is just 8 kilometers away from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.A business hotel, designed to offer a comfortable abode to business travellers with its excellent facilities and service, it has 236 all-executive rooms and 7 spacious function rooms that cater to the accurate needs of the most demanding clientele.Pan Pacific Manila was recently recognised as the Philippines' Leading Business Hotel at the 2008 World Travel Awards. The hotel also ranked 44th in the Conde Nast Traveler Magazine's 2008 Top 100 Readers' Choice Awards for Asia Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Pan Pacific Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Manila Hotel Manila
- Manila Pan Pacific