“Great Hotel (by Philippine Standards)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Manila

Save Saved
You added Pan Pacific Manila to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   M. Adriatico corner General Malvar Streets | Malate, Manila, Luzon 1004, Philippines (Malate)   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 103 hotels in Manila
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel (by Philippine Standards)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

My bf and I stayed here because we were attending a friend's wedding (held at the oldest church - San Agustin).

This hotel is a great hotel. Rooms are clean, good amenities, and great team of butlers there who will pretty much help you with every need.

Few minor complaints:
1) Pool - depending on
when you go to swim, sometimes the pool isn't clean yet; my bf and I went at 8:00am and there were bugs floating on top of the pool water.
2) Location - While the hotel itself is pretty good; the area around the hotel is REALLY shady. I'm a very dressed down person and don't really bring attention to myself when I travel, but gosh darn, I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb (even though most people would say that I look filipina). Definitely be sure to take off all jewelry and don't wear flashy clothes.
3) Key Card / Electricity - be sure to push down on your key card in the socket when you're in the room to turn on the electricity. I guess I didn't put the key card all the way in - and the lights automatically turned off when I was already in the room. I ended up running into the wall and bruised the area around my left eye (because I have glasses on).

Overall, the hotel is great. I would say probably in the top notch category. The location is terrible, however! Oh.. and be sure to compare prices on different websites. I originally booked with hotels.com because it was cheaper. However, we decided to stay an extra night, and it was cheaper to book the extra night through the hotel website.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
JGPManila, Assistant Operations Manager - Front Office at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, April 4, 2010

Greetings from the Pan Pacific Manila!

Thank you for your comments and please be assured that this will be shared to the rest of our Team of Butlers. We truly value your comments as these help us compliment and improve on our services more.

Please do email me for your future bookings so I can personally arrange it for you and maybe design a package that is most suitable for you.

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

What a lovely hotel. Beautiful, simply beautiful. The staff were helpful but there was a mix-up over breakfast. When we checked in, I asked if breakfast was included and they said 'yes'. They then tried to charge me for 2 x breakfasts the next morning. I had to stand my ground on this one but they finally bowed to the inevitable.

The elevator is awesome - if you like heights!

SAFETY: I'm an ex-Military Policeman - so I can handle myself quite well - but the area around the Pan Pacific is NOT SAFE. Even my GF - a filipina - was looking over her shoulder - so this tells you something.

Try the Somerset Olympia - much better value for money and in a much safer area...

BTW - nothing against the hotel, but I would not recommend it on a safety basis...it was also VERY expensive...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Pinkpower
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Pan Pacific Manila. It was perfect in every way:
- the room was spacious and the amenities were great
- cleanliness was excellent
- service was top notch - prompt and couteous, they never missed a single request
- the restaurant where I had b'fast and dinner was very good and had nice views
- it is very near the Robinson's Place mall - huge, with lots of good shops and restaurants.
A big thank you to all the staff- the Butlers, Pacific Lounge staff, lift attendant, drivers, and housekeepers- you made my stay so memorable. This hotel is Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for recognizing Pan Pacific Manila as one of the Best Hotel in Manila. We apprecaite your wonderful feeddback on your experience while staying with us.

We are always delighted to get our guest recognition for the value, features and the Butler service we provide.

Thank you for for being loyal to our Brand and hope you will return to us soon..

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know and feel free to contact me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Home and Family in Manila.
Warmest Regards. Richard
Aussie from Vic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

My partner and I and have stayed here on 3 occasions now. Having tried a number of Manila's 5 star hotels now, I would rate Pan Pacific as the pick of them, mainly because of the bathroom. We stayed each time in a king corner room, which at 50+sq. metres was bigger than some suites we encountered. The bathroom is marble with a double shower and a separate full size bath, and is huge. The rooms are spotless and the staff very attentive. Every 5 star hotel in Manila has stuffed up my booking so far on at least one occasion, but Pan Pacific rectified this problem far better than anyone else, buy upgrading us to a suite, but that is another story, very impressive.
The location in Malate is not great, being right in the middle of the rather seedy club district, but we over came this by taking taxis from the hotel lobby. Prices reflect 5 star accommodation. Everything is over priced, but you know this in advance, so if you don't like it, don't stay there.
The only real complaint I have about Pan Pacific is their coffee. They supply a coffee filter machine instead of a standard jug, which is fine, but what they supply to use in this is a coffee bag which is disgusting. I couldn't even buy a decent coffee in the building, and had to brave a walk through the beggars to the nice little coffee shop down the road. Come on Pan Pacific, I know you can do better

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
JGPManila, Assistant Operations Manager - Front Office at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, March 27, 2010

Greetings from the Pan Pacific Manila!

Your comment on the coffee set up is duly noted. We are now in to the verge of renovating our property and changing the room set ups so we will surely consider your comments as such. Our security level is also consistently being monitored and we are definitely working closely with our local police. To note, our hotel is also considered one of the safest hotels in Manila as published in the television and other media.

Thank you once again for your comments and
should you require further assistance, please let me know.

Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Almost everything was perfect: hotel, very spacious rooms, amazing and changing everyday´s breakfast, staff, cleanliness, pool, location....
We only had one dinner there, and it was just OK and service was slow.
One funny thing. I had booked for 2 days because we wanted to travel to South Luzon. As my son was a little bit ill, we decided to stay 3 more nights. I asked them to book 3 more nights and they say that they had availabilities but I was asked to book online so I could have the same rate as the 2 first nights. With them it would have been more expensive. I went online and I found a very interesting promotion, so I paid the last 3 nights less than the first 2 nights and they could have earn more money but they didn't...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
JGPManila, Assistant Operations Manager - Front Office at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, March 24, 2010

Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

We stayed 3 nights in the Pan Pacific in February.

Pan Pacific did meet all our expectations....great service, great location and great room.
A true 5 star hotel....expecially in a city like Manila it is very pleasant to stay in such a hotel

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Unless you really have to, I don't suggest that you stay in the Ermita/ Malate area (where Pan Pacific and Hyatt are located). It's in the middle of the red light district. The traffic and the pollution levels in the area are also bothersome. However, the area is home to a huge shopping complex and is close enough to the historic distict of Manila (not walking distance, though).
The hotel itself is decent. The rooms are well-equipped. The staff are attentive and helpful. But if you're looking for aesthetics, the lobby is NO grand entrance.
I'd recommend that you stay in the Makati area (Makati Shang/ Peninsula).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Greetings from the Pan Pacific Manila!

Rest assured that we are working very closely with our local police and security department to ensure a more comfortable and safe environment for our valued guests.

Email: jpascual@panpacific.com

Been to Pan Pacific Manila? Share your experiences!