“A worthwhile alternative to Makati” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Manila

You added Pan Pacific Manila to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   M. Adriatico corner General Malvar Streets | Malate, Manila, Luzon 1004, Philippines (Malate)   |
Ranked #2 of 105 Hotels in Manila
Australia
“A worthwhile alternative to Makati”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here recently in preference to the international hotels to be found in Makati. My reasons for doing so: at the time it was cheaper, and I wanted to spend some time in the spicier part of Manila called Malate. First off, Malate is nowhere near as clean or well kept as Makati, also it is chock full of girlie bars, and 90% of nearby restaurants are Korean or Japanese. There are a few beggars about on the streets too. Was that a problem? Not for me, I felt completely safe at all times, but I do admit that a greater variety of restaurants in the area would have been welcome.
It's clear that many of the working girls in these bars find their way on to the arms of the clientele that use the hotel. It's difficult to catch an elevator without finding yourself face to face with a gaudy, and scantily clad young Filipina on the arms of a Korean guy old enough to be her grandfather. Again, this wasn't a problem for me. Some might object, if so, pay more and stay in Makati.
The hotel itself was very good. Rooms and room size were excellent, but the stand out for me was the attentiveness of the hotel staff. Always friendly, always helpful, and always available. At the time of my visit, the gym was very small and in need of an upgrade - this may have been about to happen as there was some building work ongoing adjacent the (inadequate) gym. Also, dining and drinking options in the hotel were limited, though what there was, was good.
Would I go back, yes. The Pan Pacific in Malate is a very good and very welcoming hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
EBigay, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, July 21, 2014

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our team is truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and find the quality of service to be excellent. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured, we will be guided to review other improvement opportunities. For your added information, The hotel provides complimentary use of Slimmers World Fitness Centre which is located near the pool area. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Best regards,
Ernie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Two of us stayed for four nights. The hotel is a high rise and is modern throughout with brown wood furniture. There's a swimming pool too. Our room was facing south towards Pasay. Our 2 bed room comes with HDTV, spacious closets, a desk, an iron, and refrigerator. During our stay they ran a fire drill and we walked down the fire escape and got to see the hallways and stairwells not seen by most.

The best part of the hotel is the free breakfast. The variety of food is generous and spans all kinds of food that would satisfy most people. Their orange juice was surprisingly real juice, not tang like you would expect.

The hotel is near walking distance to the bay and near Robinson's mall.

Room Tip: Tips for travelers here, get a room facing the Manila bay and get the breakfast. Get your laundry do...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
EBigay, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, July 20, 2014

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments. We are really glad to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay. Our team is truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and breakfast buffet to be excellent. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured I will share them with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Ernie
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Overall a very nice hotel. I regularly stay at this hotel. It is conveniently located and I like the work area in the rooms that let me work efficiently. The ergonomic chair is very comfortable and the speed of the free internet is adequate to do e-mails and browse the net.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

EBigay, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, July 14, 2014

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments. We are really glad to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay. Our team is truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and find the quality of service to be excellent. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured I will share them with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you don't want to stay in Makati but you want luxury in a location that is not completely isolated, this place is pretty much your only choice. (Other similarly priced/rated hotels in the area are not in a dense commercial area).

Entering the hotel you feel like a diplomat trying to access your embassy. After going through security at least two hotel staff latch on to you and try to solve your every need. However, if your room just isn't ready there isn't much they can do except ask every 30 seconds if they can help you.

My room was a perfect oasis from the chaos of the streets below. I stayed here on my first day of a 30-day trip across the Philippines in order to transition into the time zone and the heat (opposite time and opposite climate from Toronto winter). It served this purpose perfectly.

The pool was small with some small bathrooms rather than change rooms. The buffet breakfast on the top floor was well stocked and well varied. I enjoyed all of it even though it is a bit of everything trying to cater to western and asian preferences. The view over the city was quite nice.

If you want a break, spend the cash and give yourself a break from the chaos of Manila, even if only for one night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel is very comfortable and service is 5*. I usually stay here at least a few days whenever I'm in Manila. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. The area around the hotel is kind of dicey but security at the hotel is excellent. Robinson Mall is right around the corner. I enjoy live music and there are many venues with great bands.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room here. The upper floors have nice views of the city and Manila Bay.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Glen Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

From the moment we checked in, the service and friendliness of the staff couldn't be beat. The room was spacious and the amenities were numerous. Immediately outside the hotel, the conditions don't look favorable, but there is a smaller mall about a five minute walk away. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, July 8, 2014

Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for your GREAT feedback.
We certainly appreciate your valuable recognition and I am extremely glad to read that we created a wonderful stay and experience for you!

Thank you for appreciating our modern comfort and the service our our Butlers.
Rest assured that your comments will be duly shared with our associates
Thank you for supporting our Brand.
We hope you shall return to Manila and to us in the not too distant future.
If you require any particular assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Warmest regards
Richard
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I called direct to Pan Pacific Manila to get a reservation for two superior rooms with two twin beds. First time I heard or experience in any hotels that once you book a room for two beds with suppose to be a maximum occupancy of 4 according to their website (when you select the number of persons), that you have to pay additional for 3rd adult because according to the one who get my reservation their maximum adult per room is 2 and then 1 child. I don't understand why do I have to pay for additional for a 3rd adult. I went to their website and tried for another reservation, their is no problem with 3 adults in a superior room with no additional cost. Is it a trick when you call them in the phone instead of online reservation?

I suck it up anyway paying additional money for the reason the reservation agent told me because I needed a two rooms and since the hotel is tripadvisor recommended, I go on and reserve a room. But having thought about it, the reservation agent actually trick me since both room suppose to have the same fee excluding tax. Additionally, according to reservation agent, that was their procedure to charge additional fee for 3rd adult since their no child.

I learned a lesson to this; I hope you guys making a reservation to this hotel would see to it that words will not trick you (because I believe, they just increase their price not because of additional pay for 3rd adult). I will stay in this Pan Pacific Manila hotel since my reservation is under no cancellation policy and no refund...but due to this experience, I will not recommend this hotel. I don't know what is going to happen since I am not in the hotel yet...I will be back to rate this hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Mabuhay! and thank you for providing your constructive feedback on line.
I was able to review your reservation process and details and shall be more that happy to clarify on your query.
First of all, rest assured that there is NO TRICK. We value and respect our customers and guests as we strive at creating great value and long lasting relationship precisely so we get rewarded with their trust and Loyalty.
The hotel has only one pricing approach across all channels. There is indeed an extra charge for a Third adult person booked in a room whether you process your reservations through our website or directly to the hotel. The practice is clearly reflected in your recent booking orders.
Upon booking a room our website site prompts the Booker to enter the number of individuals
(adults and or children) so precisely the proper pricing and extra charges can be applied.
Hotel rooms are commonly designed to accommodate single or double occupancy.
Extra charges are also commonly applicable for a third adult persons
Children are not subject to the extra charge.
Request for extra-beds are subject to additional charges
Hope I was able to bring clarification to your question with the above, if not please feel free to contact me directly at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to welcoming you very soon to your Home in Manila

Kindest Regards Richard

Been to Pan Pacific Manila? Share your experiences!