“Good hotel made great by its staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Manila

You added Pan Pacific Manila to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   M. Adriatico corner General Malvar Streets | Malate, Manila, Luzon 1004, Philippines (Malate)   |
Offers & Announcements
with Php 500 meal credits
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Brisbane, Australia
“Good hotel made great by its staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was staying at the Pan Pacific in Manila on a business trip. It is quite a nice hotel, my room was large and the bathroom was well equipped and large as well. There was wifi in the room and the breakfast was quite good. If you are going to be working in Makati it is about an hour by taxi. You can book an airport transfer with the hotel and I found that this was best for myself as it was my first time in Manila. It is about $20AUD depending on which service you require. Taxis are cheaper. The staff at the Pan Pacific were so lovely, they were always very accommodating, friendly and polite. The staff in the restaurant aways new me by name even though I was only there for a few days and it was my first trip. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, October 7, 2013

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. We are extremely happy to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay. Our team truly appreciates that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, our lavish breakfast spread, and other facilities. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured I will share them with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Warm regards,
Maynard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not as nice as the Marriott or Edsa Shangri-la.

The rooms are decent (can be very spacious) but feel a little dated (some have cathode ray TVs in the bathrooms). The gym is very small with few, old machines. The breakfast is decent but does not have the range and quality of the above mentioned rivals.

Of course, if you're in Manila Manila for work, it could still be the best option if you want to avoid traffic.

As usual in Manila, service level is generally excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, December 16, 2013

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments fro your last stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you find our newly renovated rooms quite spacious; our old CRT TV's in the bathroom have now been replaced with 23-inch LCD monitors. Our VIP gym, an exclusive facility for our in-house guests, have limited machines but feature the best kind that there is to offer - we have recently purchased PRECOR treadmills to refresh our gym facilities. Should you need more choices for your workout, our guest also have complimentary access to Slimmers World at the 6th floor. Thank you for your comments on our breakfast buffet spread and rest assured that your comments will be duly noted by our chefs to keep all our dishes as fresh and as exciting as possible.

Again, thank you for finding your last stay with us to be generally excellent, and we hope to exceed it once you return with us.

Rest assured I will share them with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Pan Pacific has a number of special memories for me from the first time I came to Manila through until now. Each time I stay there I am still surprised and excited at how much service actually means. Right from the check in service through to carrying my bags out and helping me hail a taxi.

Anything you need, just call the butler. Directions? A low cost hotel in Cebu? A gig guide for Friday night? Anything. And the team at Pan Pacific go out of their way to find it for you.

The rooms are luxurious and clean. This particular stay I had a spectacular view over Malate and Ermita.

But the highlight of this stay was a quick stop in the Pacific Lounge in the top floor of the hotel. While the cost was a little higher than other places, we went for a cocktail buffet and were treated to a plethora of foods and drinks all supported by knowledgable staff who have the same standard of service I had come to expect from Pan Pacific.

Overall another amazing stay. I only wish that I had more clients who were willing to increase their Asia accommodation budgets so I could stay there more regularly.

• Stayed July 2013
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, August 27, 2013

Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing kind words about your recent visit at Pan Pacific Manila. We are extremely happy to hear that we continue to create memorable experiences for you during your stays. Our entire team appreciates that you enjoyed our facilities, newly renovated rooms, and the spectacular view on the 21st floor Pacific Lounge; the view of Manila Bay at night is really such a sight to behold. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured, we will be guided to review other improvement opportunities. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back here at your home in Manila.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

in this hotel you feel the luxury and the extra caring of guests,
i like more the variety of extras you can get in this hotel, they have either free laundry, breakfast, or snack meal.
also location is very near to Robensons mall

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. We are extremely happy to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay. Our team truly appreciates that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, Butler service and other facilities. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Pan Pacific, and truly appreciated the experience. Management were professional and met every required need. The rooms were spacious, with great bathrooms/showers. I would definitely recommend them, and I will definitely stay with them again.

Quick note for those who like to use their PCs for TV or Movies - they have one of the easiest AV systems to connect to.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mabuhay!

Many thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that our Butlers were able to exceed your expectations, and we hope to exceed it again when you return. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team; they will truly appreciate it.

We look forward to welcome your family back on your next visit. Keep in mind that you will always have a home here in Manila.

Yours truly,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at the Pan Pacific for two weeks while working in Manila and I could not fault any aspect of the hotel: excellent rooms, comfortable beds, luxurious bathrooms, great breakfast and central location. The roof top cocktail lounge is lovely in the evening. But what makes the hotel exceptional is the staff and the quality of the personal service they provide. Their memory for names is quite amazing and while they are friendly and welcoming, they are also totally professional, and there are two very cute guard dogs. I particularly appreciated the help they gave when my wallet was stolen, even though it didn't happen at the hotel. After two weeks it felt like home. I would return without any hesitation.

Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing kind words about your recent visit at Pan Pacific Manila. We are really glad to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay, and we hope to exceed that when you return. Our entire team appreciates that you enjoyed our Butler service, facilities, newly renovated rooms, and the spectacular view on the 21st floor Pacific Lounge. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured, we are always committed to have our guests as our top priority, be it inside the hotel, or within the surrounding premises. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I could not have picked a better hotel for my two day stay in Manila. If I could have, well I was not going to even try...

First, I have booked nearly all of my vacations, hotels, and/or flights with Expedia. Pan Pacific was the only hotel to ever have contacted me in nearly five years regarding a special request! I added comments about early check in since I was arriving nearly 1 in the morning. I received full and courteous instructions from the butler services within a couple of days. Every email thereafter was every 2-4 hours considering our 13 hour time difference.

I had a very short stay in Manila before I ventured elsewhere in the Philippines. My stay here was an absolute mini vacation. Talk about being pampered to the fullest extent. Room attendants (2 different occasions) stopped vacuuming the hallway to simply press an elevator button, breakfast hostess asked if she could bring me a cup of coffee while I walked around the lounge, excellent security, concierge flagged down taxis and turned those away which they were not comfortable with. I could go on and on. I have never encountered such service and what is most memorable is the friendliness in which it was given. I am a Filipino American so perhaps biased but this hotel was marvelous and the employees show pride in their jobs.

Getting there: I did elect to use the hotel transportation. It was economical in my opinion and with getting into Manila so late, I did not want the hassle of a taxi what so ever.

Room (2015) was excellent. More than spacious. Well decorated, plenty of amenities, and an excellent view of the bay and town below. I did hear hear slight noise from the taxis and it reminded me of my stays in NYC. Nothing worth complaining about. The surrounding rooms were all very quiet and I did not hear another guest at any point. Room supplied everything a hotel of the star rating should.

The bed was great, especially after a 14 hour plane ride. There was also a pillow menu as well.

Bathroom - I loved the shower. It was not one of those flimsy knock off shower heads. It was nice and hot with excellent pressure. I even had bath salts available...

Food - I ate breakfast and ordered room service. I give this a 5 rating as well. Room service was received within 20 minutes even though I was quoted 30. Breakfast was extremely nice if almost too nice. I enjoyed everything I ate and especially love their pork/chicken adobo.

Needless to say, I will be visiting Manila again and this will be the hotel I immediately book. I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Pan Pacific Manila during your stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, our newly renovated rooms, and the friendliness of our Butlers. Our version of Philippines' national dish, which we call the "Absolute Adobo" is something we are proud to share with our guests, and we are extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We truly appreciate all your comments and recognition and are delighted to have created a memorable experience for you. I will share your comments and appreciation with the rest of the team.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back here at your home in Manila.

Warmest regards,
Maynard

Been to Pan Pacific Manila? Share your experiences!