“Great executive room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Manila

You added Pan Pacific Manila to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   M. Adriatico corner General Malvar Streets | Malate, Manila, Luzon 1004, Philippines (Malate)   |
Ranked #2 of 105 Hotels in Manila
Sydney
“Great executive room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

First time staying here, and loved the executive room I was allocated.
Large bathroom, bedroom with desk and excellent wi-fi connection.
The staff here are the real winner though, always so helpful and friendly.
Special mention of Sayuri, excellent customer service at the gha desk.

Room Tip: I'd imagine the seaview side would have a better outlook although I didn't experience that...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and share with our community.
Thank you for experiencing our Brand in Manila

We value your comments and I am very proud to read that you truly enjoyed our Executive room facility as well as the friendly and genuine caring of our Butlers.

Hope you had a great time discovering Manila and The Philippines

Thank you for for being loyal to our Brand and hope you will return to us soon..

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know and feel free to contact me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at your Pan Pacific Family.
Warmest Regards. Richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having previously stayed in the Diamond, decided this time to stay around the corner: at Pan Pacific.

It is an older hotel with good staff, good internet speed and easy access to smallish swimming pool. So, nothing really special and 4 star rating from me would be appropriate.

However, what requires improvement is the breakfast! Especially if to compare with Diamond. I suggest the management visits at lest once their neighbor to see how excellent breakfast should look like...

No fresh fruit juice is just a shame for hotel which claims being one of best business hotels and given their room prices!

Fresh papaya? What can be easier to get? In all 6 mornings there was none!
Mango? Yes, small ones and unpeeled: do it yourself.... Food too salty even for me...

Next time will try Hyatt or go back to Diamond....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest, Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your hotel experience while staying with us.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your Home on this particular visit.
Your comments on your breakfast experience are well noted.

Fresh fruit juice selection and fruit shakes are actually available at all outlets of the hotel on a regular basis and a la carte.
For breakfast on a daily basis we have a selection of 4 peeled fresh fruits and indeed an added selection of fresh whole fruits.
I am sorry papayas were evidently not available during your stay and will inquire on this situation.
We are currently working of a developemnt of a unique new all day dinning concept, I sincerely hope you will join us on your next visit and discover our theme and concept.

Thank you very much for recognizing Pan Pacific Manila. We apprecaite your wonderful feeddback on your experience while staying with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the entire team for their guidance and encouragements

Thank you for for being loyal to our Brand and hope you will return to us soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Home and Family in Manila.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My usual hotel was not available and I was here for two nights. Not at all bad and I found the staff helpful and welcoming. The restaurants were good but not great, but overall good. Its good value for money and its always a pleasure to be back in Manila.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Mabuhay and thank you for staying with us this time.

Glad to hear that you finally gave us the opportunity to be your Home in Manila for this visit!
Thank you for your Great comment and I am glad to hear that we gave you a Great impression with our Friendly Butler Service.

We are currently working on a some new restaurant concept for our property so we will continue to add value to our current offer.

I hope you will return to us in the future and become one of our many returning guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back and meeting you on your next trip to Manila.

If i cna be of any assistance inhte meantime please feel free to contact me directly.
Regards et A Bientot Richard
Turgutreis, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel is just lovely. Our room was clean and cozy. The location is great, the rooms are fabulous and the staff here is outstanding. Thank you again for the beautiful memories. I look forward to another trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Mabuhay!

Well if we have created wonderful memories for you, we are fully dellighted!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and share with our community your experience while staying with us.

It is very rewarding for us to read your wonderful comments on our faciliites.
I am glad to read that you found our location convenient, and that you were able to fully enjoy the frienliness of our Butlers

We look forward to welcoming you back soon a Pan Pacific Manila.
San Pablo City, San Pablo, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Booked for an overnight stay. Uest relation officer offered late check out for free. Nice room and bathroom was huge and even has free blue salt bathtub soak. Butler service is 24 hours. Breakfast buffet is awesome with great choices from asian american and even halal food. Swimming pool area is nice and staff are super hospitable. After stay check up and survey is warm and friendly. Home away from home. A must stay when in manila. Awwwwwwww!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the manila bay view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Mabuhay!

Great to know we have fully connected with your expectations and indeed created a memorable hotel experience for you.

Thank you very much for recognizing Pan Pacific Manila. We appreciate your wonderful feeddback on your experience while staying with us.

We are always delighted to get our guest recognition for the value, features and the Friendly Butler service we provide.

Glad you enjoyed our pool facility and your breakfast experience at our Pacific Lounge.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the entire Team for their encouragements

Thank you for for being loyal to our Brand and hope you will return to us soon.

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let me know and feel free to contact me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Home and Family in Manila.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed in Pan Pacific during the holy week when most of commercial facilities in Manila were closed. The staffs were very helpful, they gave us information on decent restaurants which were open, even check with them via phone call for us. A very nice lady in business center counter (shameful on us to forget her name!) was helping us to arrange our next trip to Batangas, even booked the hotel and arranged the transportation for us. All for free completed with warm smile.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The amenities were complete and the TV programs were good. The Pacific Lounge on top of the hotel provides a very nice view of the city, with decent cocktails and great breakfast.

The only offset was the location of this hotel. It is located in old part of the town which filled with bars and karaokes. Yet we could still walk in the surroundings, it is 15 min to the bay and two blocks away from the Robinson. Overall we had a very nice stay and experienced the kindness of the staffs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We value your comments and I am very proud to read that you truly enjoyed our room facilities as well as the friendly and genuine caring of our Butlers.

Hope you had a great time discovering Manila and The Philippines

We look forward to welcoming you back soon a Pan Pacific Manila.
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is my second time at the Pan Pacific hotel in Manila. I started staying here because of the wonderful reviews it gets in tripadvisor, and because the cost has always been reasonable for the dates I stay in Manila. The comments of most of the reviewers are right. The hotel rooms are really quite nice, and generally clean (thought he bathroom, while clean, showed signs of wear on the fixtures). The big problem I had with this hotel was a failed booking, and more importantly, failure to even lift a finger to resolve the problem. I booked this hotel at booking.com with a guarantee for late arrival, and had a confirmation from the agency. When I arrived at the property (around midnight), I submitted my passport, credit card, reservation to the reception clerk, who looked at his computer, and promptly returned the passport, credit card, and booking confirmation to me, and said "Sir, we have no record of your reservation". I asked him then to contact the agency, and he replied "We have no reservation for you. I suggest you discuss it with your agency.". Finally, I asked him to check me into the hotel at any room with any price with my own credit card, so that we could resolve the booking matter in the morning. He refused, saying "We have no rooms available. I suggest you contact your agency". And with that, he washed his hands of the whole matter. The people at the front desk could see I had a legitimate booking, and that the problem of the booking not appearing on his reservation system was not of my making, but they refused to contact the agency, to find some room for me at the property, or even to help me find another place to stay. So I went to the hotel bar, with luggage, sat down, and called the agency (in London!) and fortunately they were open at that time. When I explained the problem to them, they took my number down, and after a while they called me and told me that the hotel would find a room for me. After a short while, the same person who sent me packing saying "we have no rooms" came up to me with a room key for essentially a similar room, which says that they *did* have rooms- they just didn't have interest in resolving the matter. The rest of the stay was uneventful. The rooms are nice (if a bit dated), as indicated in the other reviews here. The internet (I used the wired internet) was quite slow, so slow as to be barely usable (and I don't do anything fancy on the internet other than my work emails and occasional surfing). The hotel is situated in a pretty seedy and run-down area of town, with lots of "massage parlors" and the such around, so you can't really walk around feeling good about the place, especially at night. I think I'll start looking for another place to stay when in Manila.

Room Tip: Any room on a high floor gets pretty nice views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for recently returning to us and thank you for sharing with us, your valuable feedback on your experience.

Obviously, it is not the most delighting reading of the day, as we have failed to exceed your expectations on this occasion. Based on your comments, I must sincerely apologize for not having responded in a more caring manner to the unfortunate situation with regard to your reservation through booking.com.

Indeed, there was the opportunity for us to truly demonstrate our genuine caring and sense of hospitality.

In fact we initially did not hold your reservation, but were also able to contact your on line agent who reconfirmed that you had a valid reservation at our property in their system. Despite the fact that the hotel was on a full occupancy forecast we indeed decided and agreed to provide you with accomodation

Again I sincerely regret that we were not able to proceed to resolve this situation in a more seamless and comfortable manner for you.

Rest assured that the details of your comments and the opportunity have been duly reviewed with our management group and respective associates so that we continue to enhance our performance and continue to create memorable hotel experiences.

By no mean and as you can read in this site, this situation is not reflective of the level of service we provide to our dear guests (returning for the most).

I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and demonstrate our true caring values when you return ot Manila.

I personnally look forward to welcoming you back soon.
In the meantime if you would require any assistance please kindly feel free to contact me directly.

Warmest regards. Richard

Been to Pan Pacific Manila? Share your experiences!