“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Manila

Save Saved
You added Pan Pacific Manila to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   M. Adriatico corner General Malvar Streets | Malate, Manila, Luzon 1004, Philippines (Malate)   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 103 hotels in Manila
California
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Pretty good location. It was within walking distances to a nearby mall. The area around it may not be the best but there is nothing to be concern about. Nice room with clean beds. Has a little weight room for exercising and a pool next to it. You could just walk around the area near the pool and the weight room because it's a good view of buildings around you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Mabuhay and thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us and our community. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the modern comfort of our recently renovated rooms.
Glad to hear you were also able to enjoy our pool and fitness services. If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Home and Family in Manila. Warmest Regards. Richard

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Here we go pal, quick job in manilla, we've booked you a hotel,,,,,Oh No methinks, I have stayed in some dives in this city, What am I in for this time. ???

Pan Pacific, Simply superb, The usual swiping of every credit card they could find on me but done with effortless efficiency and genuine niceness. "but the company is paying for it?" yes sir but it is for any additional costs....

The fast glass lift sweeps you up with an excellent panoramic view of the city to my large and very comfortable room (2017) on floor 20. Great view of the madness of manilla. comfy bed, free Internet and fast too with no silly login procedures. Nice desk to work at, Clean and well appointed bathroom. BIG comfy towels. Big red bolster thing which lesser men might have cuddled all night but which can also be swung round your head whilst making light sabre noises.

Breakfast BRILLIANT... everything for every taste no matter the nationality. Lashings of coffee, sausage bacon, egg n beans. Curried rice and suckling pig... (Not quite sure who eats that for breakfast but whoever it is, your catered for). Cheesecake, croissants, sugar doughnuts with custard stuffing and a yummy sweet white stuff in a glass that demanded I eat it and several of it's cousins..........

Attentive nice staff who dont pester but turn up just when you need them. This is what hotels are supposed to be like and I dont mean the ones that cost £500 plus a night, I mean ones like this that cost approx £125 a night. This may well be expensive for this part of the world but having just spent weeks in Norway putting up with some surly git who tells me that my continental breakfast (prepared freshly the day before) will be available from 07:30 to quarter to eight in the cupboard under the stairs and having to mortgage my children to pay for it... This hotel is worth every peso of your hard earned dosh.

Night life in the area is "interesting" although in the building and local are some excellent restaurants, I highly recommend the Japanese one. A canny wee Sake and some dead brill sushi...

Surely even I cannot find something wrong with this place...

Of course I can. Despite letters from travel agents with photocopies of credit cards to pay for the room, they still raped my bank account for my two days stay. I shall let you know if the smilingly promised refund is forthcoming........Grippy?, these managers make Aberdonians look positively prodigal.

Still a great place though dammit; Definite repeat visit required
(very busy though, I got the last room when I arrived but when I extended the stay by one night, they went out of their way to sort me out.

PS, for us evil smokers the roof garden on the 21rst floor was perfect for a nice coffee whilst watching tommy the turtle striding around and diving (falling) into the water feature..

Room Tip: Dont use a debit card...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Mabuhay and thank you for sharing your wonderful comprehensive comments with us and our community.
It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the Value and Service Pan Pacific Manila delivered to you in the modern comfort of our recently renovated rooms.
Glad to hear you were also able to enjoy our breakfast and lounge expereince.
We certainly appreciate your recognition as a sincere,genuine and honest business friend and partner. Thank you for the note on the credit card regularisation, Much appreciated indeed.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very comfortable, clean and well-appointed rooms, which included a coffeemaker and RCA inputs, so I could listen to music on my computer through the room's AV system.

Reception was fast, pleasant and efficient, and had no trouble arranging a quiet room at the end of the hallway.

Streets in the neighborhood are prone to flooding though, so leave extra time if you need to get anywhere during the rainy season.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest Mabuhay!,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us and our community. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed our modern Hospitality with our recently renovated rooms and our Friendly Butler Service.
We shall gladly share your comments with all our Asssociates as recognition and encouragements.
If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was pleasantly greeted upon my arrival. I did not have reservations and I was offered a Junior Suite at a great discount. The Suite was incredibly large with floor to ceiling windows facing Manila Bay and the city. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the bath tub (very romantic) had the same view of the as the living room. Their web site has a great picture of the view. Their breakfast buffet was incredible. Theyhave such a large variety of foods, that there really isn't any reason for anyone to dislike the food. I liked the place so much it was very hard for me to leave the hotel. I also stayed in the King Suite on a earlier visit and the room was also very nice. The difference was 1) The Junior Suite had the bedroom & living room combined (which I preferred) and bathroom seperate. 2) The King Suite had the the bedroom and living room/dining room seperate. A sliding wall opened the bedroom to the bathroom. This was very romantic also. I will post an incredible picture & a video if the site will allow me. UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE SUITE VIDEO :(

Room Tip: Ask for specials. They always have specials and will upgrade your room. The Suites are incredible. A...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest Mabuhay!,

Thank you for the comparison on our suite products and glad to know that it obviously exceeded your expectations!!!
If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Home and Family in Manila.
Warmest Regards. Richard
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Tripadvisor reviews 2011

Dec 2011

Pan pacific

Due to our flight time being delayed we had arrived a day later to our original booking reservation. We contacted the hotel at a layover in Kuwait and also explained this at time of checkin, they were unable to assist in a refund or offer  breakfast as a good will gesture, however they did offer a free drop off to the mall of Asia the following day should we wish.  Once checked in our booking of a double bedroom upon arrival in the bedroom was to find two twin beds, having rung down to reception to inform them of this mistake they informed us they were fully booked and had no more double bedrooms available, which they could have informed us at checkin, however by this point we were too tired and hungry to pursue. The room itself was of a good size, clean and of modern standards. It's location very close to eateries and Robinson mall. The hotel seems to prides itself on the only hotel in Manila that has butler service but had no reason to use this and therefore cannot comment. Staff were nice and hotel is impressive looking and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such wonderful feeddback on your experience while staying with us.

It is Great to hear that you have truly enjoyed the ambiance of our Property, our renovated rooms and of course the seamless service provided by of our butlers.

It is alwasy good to hear that we offer great value and that you that you were delighted by our breakfast offer and Pacific lounge experience

Thank you for for being loyal to our Brand as I understand you will return to us in the future.

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know and feel free to contact me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Home and Family in Manila.
Warmest Regards. Richard
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very professional staff. Helpful with restaurant and site seeing suggestions, airport transport.
The rooms were spacious, clean. The beds were VERY comfortable. The pool deck, bar and hot tub were relaxing and the staff attentive. We ate dinner in the rooftop restaurant. Great service and food, and not to mention a spectacular view of downtown Manila. I highly recommend this hotel, its top notch luxury at an affordable price!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this review, August 29, 2012

Mabuhay!

Many thanks for sharing your wonderful comments. We are really glad to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your recent stay. Our team here at Pan Pacific Manila is delighted to know that you enjoyed our facilities, the comfort of our newly renovated rooms, and the spectacular cityscape view at the 21st floor Pacific Lounge. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured, it will be shared with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to your home and family in Manila.

Best regards,
Maynard
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was my second stay in the last 6 months and my 9th or 10th time in Manila in 5 years, and I think that this establishment has to be the best in town. The experience was pretty much faultless. I stayed for four nights and after my first night, I mentioned to the fantastic ladies at front desk, that one of the other residents near my room (didn't know which one) was up late talking quite loud, quite late into the night. It wasn't a huge issue - it woke me up once about 2.30, but I fell right back to sleep.
That afternoon, I returned from work to find a note asking to call reception. They were offering to move me to another room. Within 5 minutes they had helped me pack up and move to another, larger and more quiet room. (they even carried my clothes which were on hangars and put all my thinks from the balthroom onto a tray and carried it for me!).
This is a really professionally run hotel, with intelligent, considerate staff at all levels.
It is a pleasure to stay here and I would readily recommend to anyone visiting Manila as the best hotel in town.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem to be larger and quieter. Some floors have been recently refurbished to a high lev...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Mabuhay!

Many thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay in our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a wonderful experience for you during your stay, and we hope to exceed that when you return. Our entire team is delighted to know that you enjoyed our facilities, the friendliness of our butlers, and the comfort of our newly renovated rooms. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team; they will truly appreciate it.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit. Keep in mind that you will always have a home here in Manila.

Maynard

Been to Pan Pacific Manila? Share your experiences!