“A Very Nice Hotel, resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

You added Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila to your Saves list
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Luzon 1300, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer, Get 30% Off!
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Manila
WdlandsDriveSingapore
“A Very Nice Hotel, resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Wide range of breakfast.
Tight security - very safe
away from city area

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, October 20, 2010

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

It has been our pleasure to be of service to you and to your colleagues. On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to thank you for sharing with us your excellent stay with our hotel.

Your patronage and suggestion are a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors. In the meantime, I remain at your disposal should need further assistance.

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We were in Manila for a vacation and decided to check in at this hotel per recommendation from a relative, and we're glad we did!
The staff were wonderful. From the moment we entered the hotel, we were greeted warmly and received promptly.
Our room was big enough for the two of us. The toilet/shower was of a nice size. We even have an office table for when we need it to conduct our business. Our closet had the bathrobes, slippers, etc. As I understand it, all the rooms have a veranda where you can view the famous Manila Bay and the Manila skyline.
The hotel grounds are simply magnificent. The swimming pool, the lounge chairs, the soft cushions where you can just lie down and enjoy the breeze. What a way to really releax.
We waited for the sunset and it was truly breathtaking! You can watch the sun go down, hear the waves crashing down the shore.. Just that moment of tranquility was something to savor...
And their buffets (both breakfast and dinner)!!! Truly WOW!!! What an array of food. What I like about this buffet was the staff's attentiveness to the supply. They never seem to run out of food. As soon as one eyes that a tray is getting low, it was immediately replenished, Not unlike some of the buffets I've been to.
Our stay at this hotel was truly remarkable. Will I go back? Definitely YES!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest:

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my appreciation for sharing with us your excellent stay with our hotel.

Many agree with you that the lagoon-shaped pool is one of the top features of the hotel. Guests have also raved about the special MyBed for a great sleep along with the pleasures of LeSpa. Your kind words has not only boosted the confidence of the team, but renewed the enthusiasm and zest for the job. I would like to assure you of our continued sincerity and dedication to service from all Sofitel Ambassadors.

It would be our great pleasure to do business with you in the future and we look forward to more such opportunities in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We're from the Philippines and we stayed at Sofitel this weekend to celebrate our parents' anniversary. The rooms were nice but you could hear everything!! as in everything from the sound of kids running in the hallway, the baby crying in the opposite room, the TV in the room beside ours and the stomping of the feet of the ones occupying the room above. I had a hard time getting some sleep because of the noise. One would naturally expect a 5-star hotel to have thicker walls or noise-isolating walls to mute sounds but this wasn't what we experienced in this hotel. The staff were also not that friendly compared to other 5-star hotels we've stayed at.
We also had our breakfast at Spiral which had a disappointing spread and much more disappointing staff. Our hot chocolates came 15 mins after they got our order and the bill check out also took 20 mins. Checking out of the hotel also took almost 30 mins!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, October 13, 2010

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent stay at Manila.

We are concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction during your stay with us. The experience you have been through does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive for, and indeed customarily maintain in Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Your comments have certainly raised areas of concern that needs to be addressed and rest assured that we will strengthen our focus on our training in these specific areas to avoid similar incidents from happening again. However, I am pleased to inform you that all our Sofitel Ambassadors share a genuine and more personalized approach with our guests.

We sincerely hope that it will not deter you from choosing to stay at Sofitel Philippine Plaza in the future. On your next visit to Manila, kindly contact me directly and I would be more than happy to personally arrange your stay with us. In the meantime, should you need assistance please do not hesitate to let us know.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Organizing a meeting in Sofitel Manila is a delight. You get a double whammy of excellent facilities and personalized service. With a view of Manila Bay at your fingertips, you cannot find a hotel that is so elegant yet functional. And the staff is fantastic and accommodating; its like you have known them forever. I'd love to come back in a personal capacity.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Dear Ms. Ally,

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

Thank you for your valuable feedback dated October 6, 2010 expressing recognition of your excellent meeting held here at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. We strive to provide a superior experience for every guest therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Your patronage is a vital part of our growth. And for that, we are most grateful.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

This Hotel is the only one on the waterfront. As you roam the gardens, you are next to the waves crashing into the Hotel wall and at times coming over it and wetting you.
In case you are a casino person, it only has the slot machines.
The buffet breakfast is amazing. (I specially enjoyed it as there was an Indian food counter dishing out 'Parathas and Sabzi' to begin the day.)
The Hotel Spa close by 11pm so if you are very late or have not booked in advance, you can still go to a 24hr SPA - "WENSHA SPA", 5-7 minutes walking distance. It is an excellent place to treat your aching body and muscles and unwind after a hard days work with a 24hr buffet (included in the cost which is very reasonable).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent experience in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We were very pleased to read that you had an overall excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. We at Sofitel Philippine Plaza do not only meet, but exceed customer expectations. As we give emphasis on all aspects of the elegance of our hotel environment such as beautiful ambiance, luxurious food, high end technology, friendly and experienced staff. Your kind words on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and rest assured that it will be passed on to the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Once again, I thank you for your patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you back in Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

abu dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Had a quick stay in Sofitel just recently. As soon as I entered the hotel, I was welcomed with warm smiles from the most friendly staff I've every seen. Check in was done efficiently. The room was very impressive and the view was just perfect. I also love the food in Spiral. They had the most delectable buffet in town. I had the most amazing stay and will surely come back in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for sharing with us your excellent stay with our hotel.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

In almost every way this hotel is average. In summary.

Pros
- One of the few decent hotels in Manila (as I understand, didn't not research myself, but what I've been told)
- Staff make an effort (though a bit staged with false smiles etc - they have obviously had "CUSTOMER SERVICE IS #1." beaten into them!)
- Buffet was pretty good, and very extensive. Obviously as with all buffets if you look closely corners are cut here and there with the food, but that is being a bit nit-picky and would only bother frequent travellers.
- quite ok pool, again a bit old
- Curtains in my room closed completely which is useful for sleeping strange hours!
- fairly comfortable bed, but not the best

Cons
- Extremely dated building and rooms (pretty depressing for me, but depends on what your expectations are. I have stayed in modern Sofitels in Australia before...)
- Service a bit patchy, but not unfriendly. They are just a bit slow and miss things a lot and you have to ask twice.
- Corridor to the rooms is a bit smelly - smells of solvent. Colleague thought it was the rubber on the carpet causing it. Either way, not too pleasant.
- Sound-proofing of the rooms not great. There was a strange loud wind type noise for half of my stay. No idea what it was!
- no bath in my room, hot water seemed inconsistent
- cringeworthy "give me a big tip" hovering around moment from a room service guy!

This hotel is 5 star based on features, but not a 5 star world-class level of comfort. I would definitely not come here for a holiday - there are far better places in the world, but as a hotel to stay if you are doing business in Manila, it does the job and no more. I was very impressed with the effort they had made for the buffet - it was significantly better than the rest of the hotel and I would recommend if you stay here that you do eat there.

Sadly the real way to improve this hotel would be to knock it down and build a new one. Ouch - I feel bad for saying that, but it's true. At the moment it's an 80s throwback....

Recommended, but only because I don't think there is much competition.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your wonderful and excellent indulgence with our lagoon-shaped swimming pool and the food at Spiral Buffet Your kind words has not only boosted the confidence of the team, but renewed the enthusiasm and zest for the job. I would like to assure you of our continued sincerity and dedication to service from all Sofitel Ambassadors.

In addition to your marvelous experience with our hotel, we are pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing renovation to further serve you with better products and services.

We thank you for your continued support and it is always a pleasure for us to be at your service. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be more than happy to personally arrange your stay with us. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Quality Manager

Been to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila? Share your experiences!