“Spirals alone is reason to visit.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

You added Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila to your Saves list
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Luzon 1300, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Paranaque, Philippines
“Spirals alone is reason to visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This review is waaaay overdue. I stayed here for a week in October of 2007. Staying here can be so gratifying. While the rooms are old, it has such a nice, quaint, old-world charm. I had a view of the haunted Manila Film Center, and the bay, and had such a great time.

First off, all the food was epic! I have never ever seen such a great buffet spread--be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Second, the shower is just wonderful. One cannot go wrong with stone tiles and overhead showers, but it was very well executed in this incarnation.

Third, it was comfy, quiet, and absolutely peaceful. I do not think I have ever slept more fitfully than when I slept here.

Fourth, while I am a smoker, I do not like smoking floors to smell like a reeking ashtray. That was definitely not a problem in this hotel. It's almost like you cannot tell that you are on a smoking floor.

I will go here again.. I will go here again.. I will go here again..

Room Tip: every room has a view. the 9th floor still has rooms with tubs, so you may want to ask about it if...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, October 28, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We are grateful to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.

Your feedback on our epic food at Spiral, our wonderful shower as our bathroom facility, the quiet room and our comfy signature bed and lastly, our Sofitel Scent trademark in our corridors that keeps each of our floors smelling smoke free are truly heart-warming. We are very appreciative of your time and effort for taking the time to share with the Trip Advisor Community just how magnifique your stay has been with us.

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My spouse and I spend one night here and had a wonderful experience. First, I should say that the room rate is quite reasonable, even if the room was a bit tired and not amazing, still an excellent value. The service here is first rate, and the pool area is quite nice, especially in the evening. The spa experience was also first class and the buffet is simply amazing. Look forward to staying here again in the near future. The only other negative was the ala carte menu from which we ordered in the evening; the entrees were not worth their price and were rathter disappointing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments about your stay. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the first class service of our Le Spa Ambassadors, our lagoon shaped pool which is truly very nice and the vast choices of sumptuous food at Spiral that is simply amazing.

However, we regret to note the challenges you encountered in our a la Carte Menu. Sofitel takes pride in its high standards of service excellence, and any lapse is always immediately looked into and addressed by the management to ensure continuous improvement of our products and services.

On behalf of the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation and we hope you will allow us the opportunity to even serve you better in the future.

Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My 7 day stay at Sofitel was pleasant,i found the staff very warm.The customer care is excellent.Hotel and private Taxi's were always readily available within 5 minutes of call.Breakfast and lunch buffet was sumptuous.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We would like to thank you for expressing recognition on your excellent stay in our hotel. We value your feedback and we are also very thankful that you have enjoyed the sumptuous food at Spiral.

We are very pleased that you find our customer care excellent as we strive to render the kind of service that not only provides luxury and elegance but also the kind that comes from the heart.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous ones.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Wherever I stay in the world it's always the staff that either make it a memorable or not so memorable trip. Can I just say the staff working at the Sunset Bar, especially Paul, were outstanding!! The fact that they don't just treat me like just another guest and make the time to come and have a chat and get to know me makes all the difference.

Keep up the good work Paul and colleagues, you guys rock!!

Bonjour Mabuhay!

I would like to thank you for sharing with the Trip Advisor community regarding your excellent stay here in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. It has been our pleasure to be of service to you and your family.

We are very delighted that you a memorable stay with us and enjoyed the services of our staff, most especially the service of Mr. Paul. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again, on behalf of the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for sharing with us your magnifique stay in our hotel. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to even better serve you in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stay in this hotel every month and its excellent. However the buffet/spiral restaurant, the food is still excellent,BUT the quality of service has dropped dramatically. The restaurant is very successful and I think the staff are resting on their laurels, service etc I would say service has dropped 50% in 12 months. This is down I would say to success and taking it for granted or not rewarding staff for the success they have created. We stayed at the Marriott a few day earlier and they were on the ball, attentive staff etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, October 27, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and thank you for being loyal to our hotel.
We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and we regret that the service was not up the expectations.

Rest assure that our Food and Beverages team had been informed regarding this matter.
Each day, we do strive to provide only the finest experiences for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We are staying in the room with King size bed. Great room, desc with chair, really big shower room, everything is very clean. Room service is great, it is the Best breakfast buffet I ever see in all my traveling. We got foot massage in Spa center yesterday, it wasn't the best I ever have - but fare. Swimming pool got some slides for the kids, it is 2 kids centers here - nice and clean territory. Hotel is 20 minutes away from the airport and 5 minutes from design show we have visiting. I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I have a room with pool and bay view, 3rd floor, even it faced to the pool - I dont hear much of a n...

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for your giving us excellent feedback on Tripadvisor.
It was our pleasure to take care of you and create a magnifique experience for you.
We are excited to read that you really enjoyed the breakfast in Spiral. Thank you for your comment about le Spa as we are committed to improve our service.

It is our pleasure to mention that we are in the process of implanting kids’ activities within the entire hotel; our concierge is more than willing to assist you regarding this matter.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon back to Manila.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We dropped in for a drink at Le Bar at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza, and we were pleasantly surprised by the extent to which our hosts lavished us with service. We enjoyed the ambiance only live music can provide, and Pavino, our server, managed to procure for us a delightful batch of sinigang na hipon. This traditional soup, a local favorite, features fresh vegetables and giant prawns in a tamarind broth. We were pleased to find that this dish could be made so quickly and so authentically in this gem of a five star hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofitel-Philippines, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, October 18, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a wonderful and detailed feedback with us and with the TripAdvisor travellers.

It is very pleasing to know that you had an excellent overall experience at our hotel and particularly on our lavish services and the Sinigang na Hipon offered at Le Bar.

Rest assured that your kind words will be shared to the rest of the Ambassadors and I am sure that this will push them to strive even harder for excellence.

It would be our utmost pleasure to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila? Share your experiences!