“Super nice. Awesome buffet and pool!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

You added Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila to your Saves list
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Luzon 1300, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Koloa, Hawaii
“Super nice. Awesome buffet and pool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had two nights at the Sofitel for a work-related trip. I never even had a chance to go in the pool but it looked awesome. The breakfast buffet was the best buffet I have ever eaten ANYWHERE. Holy crap that was a ton of great food. My wife and I were wide awake at 0630 so went to eat early, yet we never needed to eat again until dinner time. There was that much delicious food.
The front desk service was outstanding, as was the bell staff. I have nothing else to compare it to in the Philippines, but I can't imagine many nicer places than this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 22, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience with us.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, particularly your dining experience at Spiral. We are very glad that you enjoyed the vast selections of food; our chefs would definitely be very pleased to receive your wonderful feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back as we have a lot more services and facilities that we would like for you to experience and enjoy.

Director of Quality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my partner on holiday in late July/early August and had a wonderful time. We hardly wanted to leave the hotel to see the rest of Manial! As you would expect with a five star hotel, the service was impeccable, friendly, personalised and efficient, the bed king size and very comfortable, and the suite huge and modern. The privacy of the separate living and bedroom areas, with televisions and DVDs in each room, meant we could do our usual thing of sleeping or watching television at different times. I also liked the completely block-out curtains for sleeping. We were lucky enough to have a suite that looked out on Manila Bay, which was a superb view. (Suggest you ask for one of these.) The sunsets from the balcony were magnificent. The pool was large and had shallower areas for children and adults who were less confident in the water, but there was still plenty of deeper areas of the pool for us to swim. Staff brought free nibbles around the pool area, which was a nice touch. We also made use of the Club Milliesime, which meant that we were able to have private check in and check out, as well as breakfast and cocktails in a club-like atmosphere. We met some really interesting other guests there. If you have not yet availed yourself of the Club facilities at the Sofitel, I highly recommend this one. I have been to a couple of other Club facilities at other hotels, but found this one to be superb. The Spiral restaurant, which serves authentic food from every part of the world, was spectacular. If you are there on a weekend, try to get to the Sunday brunch, which seems to be a local Manila favourite, and starts at noon. It serves as much food and wine (including Moet champagne) for as much as you can eat or drink. The array to choose from, including for me the sweets and desserts, were fantastic.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite which faces onto Manila Bay. Watching the sunsets and the shipping is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour Mabuhay!

What a great pleasure to receive such a wonderful and detailed feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to share this with us and the TripAdvisor community.

We are very much delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your experience at our hotel, particularly the impeccable service provided by our Ambassadors and also the guestrooms and its amenities. Club Millesime offers in-room check in, breakfast, afternoon tea and snacks, cocktails and a lot more; we are glad that you were able to enjoy this experience. Spiral offers a variety of dishes from different parts of the world and is freshly prepared daily for our guests to enjoy. We recommend that reservations be done prior to arrival to avoid the hassle of long lines as it is quite busy during Sunday brunch.

We look forward to welcome you back as we would love to have the pleasure of having you as one of our regular guests.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Everything you expect from a Sofitel - well trained and efficient staff, good sized and very comfortable rooms with in room cable internet connection that worked well (you have to pay for connection for either 3 or 24 hours), well fitted out bathrooms with good quality soap/shampoo and a very comfortable nights sleep.
Unfortunately I didn't get to try the outdoor pool which snakes its way in a loop and also has slides, nor some of the numerous other bars and restaurants within the hotel, but the buffet at the Spirals restaurant is truly memorable - both at breakfast and lunch time where the choice is huge and the quality of food excellent - foods from almost every part of the world are on offer and when a buffet divides foods from North and South India, you know it's going to be a great experience. Location wise the hotel is right on the waterfront and whilst you can walk along the sea wall in the evenings, you can't walk too far before reaching the edges of the property which are guarded by security.
I stayed here just two nights on a business trip, but would have happily stayed longer and if I return to Manila for a holiday I would certainly give serious thought to staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a wonderful and detailed feedback with us and with the TripAdvisor travellers.

It is very pleasing to know that you had an excellent overall experience at our hotel and particularly enjoyed comfortable rooms and the vast choices of food at Spiral. Spiral is an interactive dining restaurant which has 21 dining ateliers wherein every single dish is prepared right in front of each guest.

We are humbled by your compliments. Rest assured that these will be shared with all of our Ambassadors as I am certain that this will motivate them to continue on striving harder for excellence.

We look forward to welcome you back as we would love to have you experience the other facilities and services of our hotel.

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My friends & i decided to drop by at Sofitel's Le Bar because it comes highly recommended by someone. We were just hanging at the Lounge & had to ask what is the best-selling cake that they offer. One of the service attendant named cristina (or is it kristina?) recommended the opera cake so i decided to try it & she also suggested the mango manila tea. It was such a shame that i didn't bother to take a picture of it but it tasted so good!
add the fact that the ambience is really relaxing & the service is too & i have to say that it was a great way to end the night. their opera cake is one of the best that ive tried so far. will definitely be back for more while im still here.
ps:
i make it a point to commend people that pleases me but i forgot to do so because we were in a bit of hurry last night.the lady who served us was really very friendly & accommodating. she made us feel very welcome indeed! now im thinking of dropping by every now & then if i would be getting the same treatment that i did & for other cakes too! yum!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Bonjour Mabuhay!

It is such a pleasure to receive such a wonderful feedback; thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at LeBar, particularly the cakes and the services provided to you by Cristina. I will share your comments with her and with the rest of the Ambassadors to motivate them into providing the excellent quality service that our guests really love.

We would love to welcome you back as we have a lot more cakes and pastries that we would like you to try and enjoy. It would be our pleasure to be of service to you again in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel and staff are what one would expect in a five-star property, so I'll focus on an adjunct amenity -- the food and service at LeBar. I stayed 3 nights and, not wanting an overly full meal from the main restaurant, I opted for the lighter but filing fare from LeBar. I was not disappointed at all. Each night I had something different and was well pleased each time. What made each night's visit outstanding, however, was the service provided by Pavino, who (luckily for me) was my server each night. His professionalism, attentiveness, and friendliness made each visit the highlight of my day. The hotel and LeBar are lucky to have him!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 16, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

We are very humbled to read about your compliments about your recent stay with us, particularly your appreciation for the outstanding service provided to you by Pavino.

Here at Sofitel, we always want to offer all our guests a warm and personalized service so we were very pleased to read that you did experience this and left feeling that we offered you great customer service.

It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Everything you could ask for in a 5 star hotel. Fantastic deco, I don't mind the dated rooms, wifi access availability and recreational amenities such as pool, lounge, bar, resto, etc.
One thing that stood out from the rest though is the obvious discrimination to non-Caucasian and local guests. I am pure Filipino based in England and brought 2 friends from Europe. I get asked by security staff most of the time about the legitimacy of my stay whilst my other 2 Caucasian companion can pass through without any questions asked. They would often ask what room number I was staying at, while we had different rooms separately.
Housekeeping and lobby staff would often greet my caucasian friends a "good morning or evening" and guess what? they never bother to greet those who looks local (I observed this with other local guests too)
I never had such experience in any of the hotels in the UK and during our recent stay in Thailand and Singapore. Sadly, only in the Philippines I had to get discriminated by my own countrymen.
In fairness, some staff especially the receptionists were polite enough but there were a few lounge/cleaning staff lurking around who had the nerve to look down on someone just because of their skin colour and looks. It's sad when you think, how many staff in this hotel are like them.. moreover, how many hotels in Manila are like this? Is it really more fun in the Philippines?

• Stayed August 2013
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 15, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret that your feedback does not reflect the service quality Sofitel is known for.

Sofitel Manila takes pride in our signature brand of Filipino hospitality and French joie de vivre. The art of entertaining or l'art de recevoir is innate in each Sofitel Ambassador, and we strive to give our best effort in making our guests feel welcome, comfortable and secured in our hotel as their home away from home. Furthermore, discriminating guests on the basis of race, color, gender, or sexual orientation is against our cultural values being a multinational brand with presence on five continents with 120 addresses, in almost 40 countries.

Your feedback has been shared with the rest of the team for their information and necessary action. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Director of Quality

Been to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila? Share your experiences!