“Pricey but very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

You added Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila to your Saves list
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Luzon 1300, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Luzon, Philippines
“Pricey but very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Checked in for two days. There are people who will greet you from the entrance of the hotel and bellboys who offer to carry your bags (been asked twice) unlike other hotels where I've been too. The bell boy escorted me upto the elevator. Upon arriving at our room, I feel serene (or is it just because I'm too tired from the 8- hour road trip.) I fell asleep after lying down on the bed. The rooms were a unupdated, it's an old design. Room service was very prompt. Their food is exceptional! You shouldn't miss it wether you're staying there or not. They're breakfast buffet is one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever had( though I saw a fly from what of their breads). Their spiral buffet is one of the best. If you're planning to keep on coming back you should apply for their membership card. It comes with a free room when you avail it. Our stay is very nice and it's definitely worth the price.

• Stayed October 2012
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for your great feedback and recommendation about your stay in our hotel.

We appreciate you for taking note of the exceptional food you had at Spiral and the quality service provided to you by our Ambassadors. It is very important for us to deliver the best services to make a memorable stay for all the guests.

Rest assured that your kind words regarding the hotel have been shared with the entire team to serve as an encouragement to continue on striving for excellence.

We look forward to welcome you back soon as we have more facilities and services we would like you to experience.

Director of Quality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Over all it was a very pleasant stay, we got there to find out I was the guest of the day and had got a few extra perks for our room, we had a great view of manila bay, the mall of Asia and the city sky line that looked amazing at night, the room itself was very good, great bathroom tho the bath was a little small, the only complaints I had is the TV was a little bit flickering sometimes and that our bed sheet had a small stain on it but other than that I would say it was a very good hotel and worth the price, the staff where very nice and helpful

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 6, 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the Manila bay and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

It is such a delight to know that you had a pleasant overall stay with us. We are very glad that you enjoyed being the “Guest of the Day” and especially the perks that came along with it. We regret that you encountered some difficulties with the TV and housekeeping; rest assured that necessary measures have been done to address the said concerns.

We sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sofitel Philippine Plaza very soon.

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am a Sofitel member and my experience with Sofitel Manila has been terrible. Before arriving at the hotel i was cheated being a foreigner. I was charged by the hotel for limo service and had a corolla to pick me up. Two day later i went to the airport and charged limo fees and given a corolla. My day of departure i was quoted a third of the price less for the same corolla.
I ordered room service on my second night and the food was over cooked and terrible
I had dinner in the restaurant the second night my partner had steak and it was raw with blood. The staff was notified. The chicken and lamb was overcooked dry and no taste. The food in the restaurant was crap and awful.
The morning of my departure i did not have breakfast as there was beef and pork which i don't eat. I request a vegetable stir fry and this was not possible. I then requested a chicken omelet and was denied that as well. I requested to speak to the manager. I waited for an 1 hour with no help and left the restaurant.
After numerous request to see the hotel manager this was not possible.
I explained to the butler that 3 days prior to coming to manila i stayed at the Hilton Beijing capital hotel and the hotel went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable even though they could not communicate in english to me. Do not stay without making sure you get what you pay for. My stay was US$293 per night. Toilet immunities were not replenished

Room Tip: Do not recommend foreigners to stay
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your experience at Sofitel Manila. We have reviewed your feedback with our Executive Committee and we would like to express our true disappointment regarding the experience you had in our hotel.

This situation was dealt with lack of our standards and values and please be assured that it is not the way we treat our guests and we ensure you that the necessary follow up actions will be done.

We hope you can give us an opportunity in order to regain your faith in our property and brand. Please direct any future booking through the office of our Director of Quality (h6308-gm5@sofitel.com) and we will make sure everything is perfectly organized and that you will indeed be able to have an unforgettable stay.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Yours Sincerely,

Adam Laker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Overall I would say this is a magnificent hotel. It is not considered isolated, but in its own private area away from all the city noises. I am impressed with the double-bridged pool, as it gives a luxurious, tropical, and relaxing feel, Filipino style. I love the hammocks and certain times (when I stayed there) there is a dance on the outdoor dance floor next to the bar, traditional Filipino dances in the evening. There is also a piano entertainment group going on at around 8pm to 11pm.
The room on the first night wasn't as good, so we upgraded to a suite which was much better and had a nicer 'vista'. The Spiral's food was exceptional, and the service was excellent and very friendly. In the afternoon we would go to the club lounge up on the tenth floor to have afternoon cocktails. So overall the hotel was amazing, and I would give it 6 stars if possible.

• Stayed July 2013

Bonjour Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your excellent feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

It is such a delight to know that you had a magnifique experience; and particularly enjoyed the amenities at Club Millesime and the food at Spiral. We are very humbled by your kind words regarding our hotel and I am certain that his will boost the confidence of our team to continue on striving for perfection to be able to cater to guests’ needs.

It would be our utmost pleasure to be of service to you again in the near future. We wish you the best in your personal and business endeavours.

Director of Quality

Been to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila? Share your experiences!