“Family fun and Business” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

You added Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila to your Saves list
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Luzon 1300, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Paranaque, Philippines
“Family fun and Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

It was a great 2 nights 3 days for me and my family in Sofitel Manila. While I was attending the Rural Bankers Annual Convention, my family was enjoying the swimming pool with the great sunset view of Manila Bay. Food was excellent, especially the free breakfast buffet at Spiral with so many excellent choices. Quite notable was the beef burger and chicken wings of room service and the mushroom risotto at The Veranda. And the rooms and corridors smelled so good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, June 20, 2013

Bonjour, Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

Thank you for telling us about your experience. It was wonderful to hear that we made your evening truly magnifique. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Director of Quality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We've always enjoyed our stay in all Sofitel Hotels in Asia like Bali, Hua Hin & Philippines. The design, choice of furniture and structure is always grand and welcoming. Food spread variety is extensive and elaborate. The people are nice and welcoming. The only set back is that the superior room bed in Philippines is a little hard and feather pillows too soft and thin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, June 14, 2013

Bonjour, Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

Thank you for choosing the Sofitel as your preferred brand within SEA. It's a pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable stay among us especially once it concerns food offers we have.
We guarantee you that we will keep on trying out utmost in making sure of every single stays from every guest are treated as it should be.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Manila in sooner.

Kind Regards

Burleigh Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When your Australian agent called to entice me to try the ACCOR Advantage Plus membership, I was skeptical because of my loyalty with the Shangrila Hotels. My best friend is the Intl Sales Director, hence, my preference and service I have experienced has been very satisfactory. When I stayed at the Sofitel Hotel in Manila just for one night for a look-see, I had to change my mind. The front desk staff led by Duty Manager, Danica Santos, and staff Emma Ibarreta were extra ordinarily special! They looked after me like I was the only guest or preferred guest among the many visitors billeted in the hotel. They could not do enough it seems! These were what I would have expected from the luxury hotels I stayed in but I had to ask for them to get them. Danica and Emma worked outside the box! They made sure I changed my mind about the hotel and its amenities and was I pleasantly surprised. Yup, my preference is now the Sofitel whenever I come to the Phils for business or pleasure. Guess what, I will be there again in 4 weeks! I am sure to stay longer and will look forward to the pampering attention these two ladies have given me while I stayed there. Our business in the Phils has grown by leaps and bounds which mean that I have to travel to Manila at least 6 times a year! Good onya, ladies!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour, Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

We are happy to see that you have spent a nice first stay with us. We would like to thank you for your time and your constructive comments regarding your stay and out two ladies at the front desk.
We would like to thank you very much to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you appreciate the Sofitel Standards in comparison to our colleagues in Makati as we know that these hotels deliver a high standard of quality as well.
Your new loyalty and encouraging comments are a great motivation and give us even more enthusiasm on maintaining our efforts to offer high quality service to our guests. Be assured that your relevant feedback will provide valuable support to all of our staff, as we strive continuously to reach excellence.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another Sofitel experience.

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just walking through the doors here took me into another world. It's amazing how the effort by the staff have transformed this real estate into a relaxing and beautiful place of tranquility in such a hot and busy city. I wrote this review since this hotel set a standard for my that I compare all other hotels to.

The international buffet was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had travelling. Delicious food, quality preparation, it was like a grown up Epcot center in Manilla.

The room was nicely decorated, silent, modern and functional. I'd look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Bonjour, Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback following your stay at the Manila Bay.
We are delighted that we were able to provide a magnifique feeling and that our ambassadors were able create an incredible experience.

We thank you once again for staying with us at Sofitel and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Bowie, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Everything about the hotel was above average. The buffet dinner was exceptional. Lots of choices with great taste. The breakfast buffet was also enjoyable. The only thing I didn't like was the room. It was plain. Old fashioned. Needs a little bit of an update.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour, Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

Thank you for sharing your magnifique comment on the Trip Advisor forum and for your word about the food offer in Spiral.

Regarding the room comfort and condition, our Housekeeping team is keeping on working hard in maintaining the most possible comfort and cleanliness. Kindly informed, we are looking into different options on how to improve the rooms.

Looking forward to welcoming back again in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Sofitel Philippine Plaza is what you should expect of a top tier international hotel. It is the best resort-style hotel in greater Manila by far, and you could easily stay inside the resort for days with the amount of things you can do.

Mall of Asia is nearby (10 mins) and you can get a free hotel shuttle there. Makati and Fort Bonifacio are only around 30 mins by taxi. There are several new casinos on reclaimed land near the hotel.

The buffet restaurant Spiral on the lower level is the best and most extensive buffet probably anywhere in Asia. All food is prepared fresh in the front of house areas (no hidden kitchens). The Sunday brunch is very popular at Spiral.

• Stayed June 2013
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour, Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza!

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments as every guest impression is valuable.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location as it is most convenient for shopping at the nearby Mall.
We have a passion for all of our guests and cannot help indulging them. Our utmost reward is to hear our guest’s satisfaction and we are glad than we meet you expectations. We also appreciate that you liked our restaurant Spiral with its 21 dining ateliers. The range of cuisines is expansive and the attention and detail to each dish has the focus of an artisan.

We hope you keep nice memories of your stay and it would be our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very Good over all 5 star hotel. Great service. Doing some renovations around pool area.
Buffet dinner & breakfast best in the business.
They take you a bit if ordering taxi/transport. Best if ask for local taxi as can be up to 75% cheaper.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Bonjour, Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Your feedbacks not only helps us boost the quality of services but also helps us in improving our customer satisfaction as we are very committed in giving our guests the quality of luxury they deserve.

We are very glad that you enjoyed the sumptuous food at Spiral. Indeed, Spiral is a restaurant like no other, taking interactive dining to a level never before seen in the Asia Pacific region.
However we regret the points you mentioned regarding your renovation at the pool. We are currently doing some renovation meet customer needs. We hope this doesn’t deter you from staying with us again.

We look forward to be of service to you soon.

Kind Regards,

Director of Quality

Been to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila? Share your experiences!