“Under Rennovation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila to your Saves list
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Luzon 1300, Philippines   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 103 hotels in Manila
Manila, Philippines
“Under Rennovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I have been going to this hotel to escape the City of Manila at weekends for years way back to the time it was the Westin Philippine Plaza. Some things are consistent. The hotel seems to be constantly under some sort of rennovation or refurbishment, the latest due of course the heavy rains and floods affecting most of Manila especially the Bay area. Their newly opened coffee shop on the lower level was clearly completely devastated resulting in a temporary food outlet in an upper floor not fully able to cope with a full hotel especially at breakfast. Food at the evening buffet has always and is still very good. I am afraid normal breakfast service is yet to be resumed. One person frying eggs for a hundred guests wanting a quick breakfast just does not work and someone forgot to include scrambled eggs for those that don't want to wait! The other consistency is NOISE. Great if you are part of either function City-side or Bay-Side, but not if you want an early or quiet night. Why in all of the rennovations the hotel has never yet discovered double glazing is a mystery as there is more than enough room to install some as each room has a reasonable sized balcony. On my stay the "mussy" smell from recent floods was still in the air. The hotel pool has always been especially cold, unpleasantly so at this time of year. How in a chain-hotel can the hotel not get non-slip bathroom floors installed is anyone's guess, and we suffered even more problems with a blocked drain on the shower. The grounds are pretty much reduced in size now from years back and the hotel is loosing its focus as a city resort hotel for a convenient get-away.

Room Tip: No room can escape noise if there is a function going on don't expect most evening ones to finis...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, November 10, 2011

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

We would like to express my sincere appreciation for your concern, interest and time taken to inform us of your experience during your stay with us.

Your remarks on the service provided during your stay out have been well noted by our Director of Rooms and Director of Engineering. Rest assured that we will strengthen our focus on our training in this specific area to avoid recurrence. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you during your stay.

On your next visit, kindly contact me directly I would be more than happy to personally arrange your stay with us. In the meantime, if I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

2,133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

My kids loved and enjoyed the pool facilities and food.
The rooms were good except for the tv sets at rm 458 n 459.
The demo rm showed to us have lcd tv while we were given
the old crt tv sets. Hope you can adress issue soon.
Were planning to have a vacation in your hotel again after 3months.
See you soon...

Alex E

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, January 30, 2012

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent stay at Manila.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

With regards to the TV set, I am pleased to inform you that we are currently in the process of replacing new LCD TV units to provide you with better quality of products and services.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back at Sofitel Philippine Plaza. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Great stay. Request for extra water bottles. The bottles are small but complimentary. Some rooms do not have a bathtub so you should probably request for one if you want it. Also, be careful of the bathroom floor, it's a little slippery when wet. If you have Accor, you should use it. Prices for room service are mostly reasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this review, November 8, 2011

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for sharing with us your enjoyable stay in our hotel.

We are concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

We have taken serious note of your comment and rest assured that our Department Head concerned has been informed to address this matter. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you during your stay.

We strive to provide a superior experience for every guest therefore your feedback is very important to us. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Reason for giving a low rate for service due to a receptionist of your hotel. I ask my wife to check in at the hotel first so I could park my car, The receptionist said that I should personally check in, while waiting my wife requested if there is a pool side room, she never answered, I came and ask again she told me there is no available rooms instead she gave me a room that was not clean yet, I went back to that receptionist while she was attending to another visitor I said excuseme, she just raise her hand without uttering any word. Also I requested for an additional one hour for checking out , she answered there will be charges, the next day I ask another receptionist for an extension, without hesitation she said no problem and ask for my keycard. What irrritate me most is that this receptionist never smile, not accomodating, not approchable in contrast to all employee i met in your hotel. Still I would recommend this hotel.

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

Thank you for your valuable review. It is through feedback such as yours that enables us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Please be assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the service issues you experienced in order to prevent future occurrence.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We had a great time in the hotel, the food and the service was the best ...Filipinos really are hospitable and friendly! The kids enjoyed swimming in the pool all day, although wished the water was warmer and the shower rooms need safety mats for the floors, as they were very slippery when wet.

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of your excellent 2011 Halloween experience in our hotel.

We have taken serious note of your comment regarding the floor inside the shower room. Rest assured that the Director of Rooms and Director of Engineering has been informed to address this matter. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

Once again, we thank you for your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back at Sofitel Philippine Plaza. On your next visit to Manila, kindly contact me directly I will be pleased to assist you with your reservations. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

There's heavy smell of paint upon entering the hotel (parking lot side). I also dislike the idea of having to pay for parking even though you have stayed for overnight. Newspaper is given only upon request. My kids were VERY disappointed because they cannot use the pool slides, should have kids in mind when that was designed. Upon entering room 629, i saw my trash bin full of trash. I also did'nt feel the hospitality of the people (not all of them) working in the hotel, from the front desk to those cleaning the rooms. You can feel it's all work for them.

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience in our hotel.

We were very pleased to read that you appreciate all the luxurious amenities and food at Sofitel Philippine Plaza. I am also pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing renovation to serve you with better quality of products and services.

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, I thank you for your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back at Sofitel Philippine Plaza. On your next visit to Manila, kindly contact me directly I will be pleased to assist you with your reservations. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I love this hotel so much. This hotel really impressed me especially the fragrance smell. I can't even forget the smell until now since i've been there long ago. Unfortunately, the fragrance is only provided to this hotel after i checked with the frangrance company. The rooms, bar lounge, restaurant, foods and enviroment of this hotel is so excellent. I'm always stay at Sofitel Manila and this is my first selection in Manila. Edwin

Room Tip: Executive room recommended. The price is acceptable
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We are grateful to read that you had an overall excellent stay in our hotel and particularly appreciated the quality of food. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. Your kind words are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

We thank you for your continued support and it is always a pleasure for us to be at your service. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be more than happy to personally arrange your stay with us. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely yours,

Quality Manager

Been to Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila? Share your experiences!