“Thank You From A First Time Philippines Traveler!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1166 M. H. del Pilar corner Arquiza Streets, Ermita ,Manila Philippines, Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Ranked #7 of 105 Hotels in Manila
Los Angeles, California
“Thank You From A First Time Philippines Traveler!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The La Corona was the first hotel I stayed in on my first trip to the Philippines. All I can say is thank you for making my first few nights in Manila so pleasant and enjoyable. After being referred to this hotel by AAA, I read a few reviews, and thank goodness I didn't change my decision based on those reviews. The hotel was great! The room and bathroom were clean and the wi-fi was fast and consistent. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal, and the staff was couirteous and pleasant - well, with the exception of the hostess, who seemed a bit distant and stiff. But I digress. The staff as a whole was terrific and very friendly. It is a conveniently located hotel, mere blocks from the US Embassy, and from the Robinson Place Mall. And, to my surprise, I found a lovely little bookstore right down the street from the hotel. All I can say is that I would not hesitate to stay there again...and again,and again, and, well, you get the picture. You can have all those swanky, glitzy and lavish 5 star hotels. For my money, put me up in a place like the La Corona, and I'm a happy camper.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear grusan0,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. It was truly an honor to be your preferred Hotel in the area. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a good experience for your and we hope to exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome your family back on your next visit.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or (632) 917 5078141.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I haven't stayed at any other hotel in manila so not sure what the average is but from a japanese person used to neatness this hotel was a little bit below average. The pictures look nice but don't be fooled. Reality is probably 30-40% shabbier. But we had a great deal and we were only staying one night so nothing to complain about. The rooms are very spacious, free wi-fi, and came with breakfast. Close to a big shopping mall (Robinson), the US embassy and manila bay it is a very convenient location. Our room was located on the 3rd floor and you could hear the busy streets bustling below with the constant honks but we were so tired it didn't bother us. Shower: Hot water ran out in 10 minutes and it was very weak water pressuer shower to begin with. Staff are friendly and helpful. Weekday heavy traffic jam and it took us an hour and 300 pesos on a white cab to arrive. Departing on a weekend when there is less traffic, it was 30 minutes and 200 pesos on a white cab.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear manumiY

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste Romualdo
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I booked a one night stay for my uncle and cousin to this location. The hotel is close to the American Embassy however they also offer a shuttle for 200 pesos my uncle and cousin took the shuttle because of the bad weather during their stay in Manila which is very convenient but the Embassy can be walkable from the hotel. Also, I wanted to pay not just for the room but also for any other incidentals and Vanie was kind and patient enough to ensure that everything was taking care of for my family since I called quiet a few times. My cousin and uncle was able to check in early for extra pay. The room was comfortable and clean and because of great effort from the staff my family will definitely come back here again. See you guys in a few months. Thanks again Vanie (sorry I forgot to ask for your last name) but you're great!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lieddy19,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We valued the opportunity to serve you and are appreciative of your remarks especially your comments about our front desk associate - Vannie. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

If in the meantime I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste Romualdo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have stayed at the hotel at least 20 times plus in past 2 years. This is my first review on the hotel and I want to say to everyone - This is how you get a 5 star service in a 3 star hotel!

The staff are just simply one of the best i have come across in Manila. Super friendly and Super helpful. They are role models for the Best Western Chain.

The hotel is small, but rooms are nice and luxury with an added bonus of being super clean! Also perfect location and easy access to US Embassy, Local malls, Local Churches etc..

Room Tip: Back rooms at the hotel are quieter Suite Room 206 has a nice in room jacuzzi
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear giztateuk,

Thank you for your wonderful and sincere comments about your recent stays with us. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to compliment our team, I have passed on your comments to all our associates and we thank you for your great description about our service.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Hotel. If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Valenzuela, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our one week stay was made comfortable by the hotel's location which was right in the heart of the city. It is very near the church where you can start your day right...also near convenience stores and food joints, more so, a few brisk walks away the mall. Their rooms are just right...clean and cozy. The staff are friendly, courteous and accomodating. Their Cafe at the Lobby serves right if you entertain guests during your stay...food served is generally good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear babeemc_516,

Many thanks for your post. We are glad that you liked your stay overall. Our Hotel is really the ideal place for leisure because our location is literally at the center of the Tourist District. We look forward to your return in Manila.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our first night was miserable because the hotel put us in a room opposite a noisy night club and next to a busy street where the jeepneys pass noisily all night long. The next morning, though, they transferred us to a much quieter room, and the rest of the stay was great. The restaurant's excellent, as well as the staff, all friendly and trying to make our stay a happy one. The only real problem is the hotel's location. Although it's next door to the historic, charming Ermita Catholic Church, where we went to mass nearly every day, the rest of the neighborhood is not a very good one, with abundant homeless people and especially children, and one grabbed my wife's gold necklace and ran, after wounding her seriously. The breakfast's good and plentiful, with both Euro/US items and filipino/Asian dishes. I liked the latter while my wife preferred the former. Overall, it's a very good hotel unfortunately located in a less than welcoming, safe and secure neighbourhood. If your calculation includes being near the US Embassy, this would be a good choice, but if it were, I'd probably stay in the Bayview Hotel just across the street from the embassy. If you're also interested in seeing Rizal Park, Ocean Park, Paco Park, the Intramuros area, or the Orchidarium next to Rizal Park, then it's also a good location. It's about a mile walk to the nearest market, San Andrés Market.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the north side facing the night club and busy, noisy street.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chester A,

We appreciate your observations about the hotel and the surrounding area. We regret that your over all experience was somehow affected by our location. Nevertheless, thank you for your kind comments about our Hotel. We hope that you will consider staying with us once again if ever you find yourself in Manila area in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Each time i stay at this hotel i find it so very accommodating. I enjoy the staff the most, but the rooms are clean and comfortable also. The kitchen help in cafe is always ready to help in addition to preparing delicious food. Jhun Olinares has been especially helpful to me. I am glad this hotel finds quality employees like Jhun to help run their kitchen. I always look forward to staying in this hotel each trip i am in the Philippines.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lowell B,

We truly appreciate your comment about our staff. It is gratifying to know that guests do respond to their passion and commitment to guest satisfaction. Allow me to share your observation with the rest of the team. It will only motivate us to do much better.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona? Share your experiences!