“good location - good deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1166 M. H. del Pilar corner Arquiza Streets, Ermita ,Manila Philippines, Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“good location - good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nice hotel in Ermita, good for transfer to Oriental Mindoro (Puerto Galeras/Sabang) because the Sikat Bus is only 2 blocks away. Good for nightlife if you are looking for company (the infamous Manila Bay Cafe is 2 blocks down the road). The staff was friendly but they could not tell me where to find a working ATM (the one they recommended did not work). There is a breakfast buffet which is good regarding the price. Rooms are spotless. Recommended.

Room Tip: one night I was in a regular room, one night in a deluxe room. The regular room is small but suffici...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear StephenGH,

Thank you for taking out time to write a review of your stay in our hotel. Your kind words will be passed on to the team. I trust that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. And for the shortcomings you have experienced, please accept our sincerest apologies. I would like to assure you that the management has been informed of the comments to ensure that these are noted and acted upon on.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Urdaneta City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've book my hotel last january to avail for 30% discount to attend to our convention in Manila..However I've lost my reservation that they emailed me and I can't retrieve it therefore I pay more than I supposed to pay . I don't argue anymore cause it's my fault ..Anyway, I'm glad that my room was spacious and comfortable in sleeping..After the convention, I stayed in my room the whole day...All staff were friendly and smiling at all times...There was no hassle in everything I need because a walking distance 7-11 could provide all the amenities you wanted..Parking lot is not a problem cause there's a parking lot beside the hotel....The buffet breakfast was simple and palatable however my favorite bacon was not included...In fairness this hotel is recommendable..and I will stay again in this hotel...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mykhaelle,

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona Manila. Thank you for your comments as through these we continue to learn more about our guests and will help us provide them with such impeccable service. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very friendly and warm service from whole the staff in this hotel. My stayed was purely for business and feel very Comfortable to stay here. Front Desk very helpful, Specially Trixie, Kim and Garry.
I am sure in the future I will be back to stay in La Corona hotel and I will recommend to my friends and family who will travel to Manila to stay here.

Room Tip: I am sure you will not disappoint to stay here. You have to experience by yourself for judgement.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lay P,

Thank you so much for your great review! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us.

Ma. Celeste "Tet: Romualdo
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here just for one night on our way through Manila to Palawan. The hotel is nice enough, and the staff are quite friendly. There was some re-modeling going on next to the first room they assigned us but we went back to the desk and they quickly switched us to a different room. The rooms are comfortable and nice, as you would expect from a Best Western. They're not top-notch but still nice enough. The area is a little dodgy but then again, most of Manila is. Overall, considering the accommodating staff and nice rooms we'd consider staying here again for a short stay. There might be some better options if you plan to spend a while in Manila.

Room Tip: get a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bigsmize,

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Checked in for a total of 7 nights and overall had a pleasant experience. Nice clean standard room with good A/C. Wifi was great as well. The hotel staff offered superb service including the manager Jenny. She was great and very helpful in anything we needed.

Room Tip: Breakfast Buffet was pretty good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ace_R81,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent stay in our property I’m happy to hear that we were able to provided excellent service particularly our Duty Manager, Jenny. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Zamboanga City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My travel was for purely business but I was with my girlfriend and our stay here was great. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. They would treat you like all other guests (which mostly were foreigners). The rooms are big and the bed was comfortable. The shower room is decent and clean. I thought this building looked old but it was well maintained and kept cozy. I thought some of the area surrounding the hotel was pretty shady but I expected that a little bit since it is in Manila. Their location is also good, very near establishments and short rides to malls, parks, etc.
Overall, I would give this hotel an excellent rating and I would definitely come back to this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mikiemyk,

Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am not sure why some reviews say this location is not the best. It is a 10 minute walk from the mall and many of the 5 star hotels like the Pan Pacific. In addition it is an easy cab to many attractions. The hotel is also steps away from The Hobbit House which is an interesting place to go for a beer! As for the hotel the service was excellent. Everyone was very helpful. The rooms are fine, good size, comfy beds, wifi. The only thing I found strange was the sign in the bathroom saying the water was not for drinking...we drank tap water all over the Philippians and were not sure why we couldn't here? There is a complimentary breakfast which was simple but had options for different tastes. We ate one evening at the restaurant in the hotel and it was fine, not super but we were hungry. There is a tour desk in the hotel and prior to our arrival they arranged a full day private tour of Manila which we really enjoyed. The price of this hotel is half of the five star hotels and although not a five star we were very happy with our three night stay here and highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jaboda,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read that you like our Hotel and also our location. Your positive comments are very valuable to us. Rest assured that we will continue to offer all our guests the best possible experience.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona? Share your experiences!