“Wonderful Hotel and Staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1166 M. H. del Pilar corner Arquiza Streets, Ermita ,Manila Philippines, Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful Hotel and Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

No complaints at all. We stayed here for 4 nights on our recent trip to the Philippines and were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, tidy and comfortable. The meals in the restaurant were excellent. Above all though, the staff were terrific. They were all courteous and extremely helpful whenever anything was needed. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone wanting a place to stay in Manila.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Christophera52,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a good experience for your and we hope to exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you require a good nights sleep after a long plane journey this is not the hotel for you. We were woken at 01;00 am by hotel maintenance who decided to do some painting in the corridor adjacent to our room. How Bizarre !!! We complained to the reception staff who apologised, and promptly upgraded us to Deluxe room, which overlooked a busy road.... The noise from the traffic kept us awake. Eventually we just gave up sleeping altogether......
Breakfast is good and the hotel reception staff are friendly, welcoming, and helpful, but this is all we can say about this hotel.
Would we recommend this hotel ? No.. There are better hotels in Manila.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DGM30,

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great Experience this Hotel. From the time I did my online bookings 2 months ahead & then had to change my arrival dates, no problems - thanks Drio !
Upon arrival at Manila int. airport I was greeted by their Rep. & escorted to their Hotel's arrival lounge to wait for there vehicle to the hotel.
We were very early to check in because of my early flight arrival from Darwin 6am., so we waited in there dining room & had some breaky. We weren't meant to check in until 2pm but the duty manager saw how tired we were & gave us an early check-in @ 12 noon & even an upgrade to a Deluxe room !! Wow !!!
Didn't have to walk up any stairs as the lift was great. Third floor room but on the road traffic side of the building but the noise from the traffic wasn't too bad.
Room was modern, Queen size bed but hard & firm mattress. Bathroom is small but good size shower with plenty of hot water. Excellent bathroom accessories, housekeeping service very good & honest, no probs.
Breakfast wash incl in our room rate but the breaky was just ok, I.e., scrambled eggs every morning with bacon, ham or small sausages, everyday one dish different. But excellent Danish Pastries !
My only complaint was the Restaurant's selection of wines ! Yuk !! Chilian !
Upon check out, no worries, they checked the room & found I had left a couple of items & returned them to me immediately, again Great Service !!!
We would have Loved to stay there another 7 days but there room rate increased due to the public holidays here in the Philippines. We found a better rate at similar hotel just around the corner (which I will review later).
Overall, I would recommend La Corona as a good basic Hotel with excellent service & close to downtown old Manila & all the sites plus close to Robinson's Mall within walking distcance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street noise traffic.
Dear Paem62,

Thank you so much for your great review! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us.

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our flight landed pretty early in the morning, we sprung the extra cash (about 800P total for everyone) to have the hotel pick us up, when we arrived around 6am we were told we would have to wait until 1-2pm before the room would be ready, it wasn't occupied at the time as far as we knew so why the 6 hour wait? Thankfully we only waited until 11am. The staff wasn't being rude they just seemed to be following strict guidelines that couldn't be broken.
That's as bad as it got, after that everything was better, the room was very comfortable, the beds were nice and praise be to Zeus air conditioning...sweet sweet air conditioning. The bathroom was clean and we really appreciated the room safe. The breakfast buffet was excellent but small however they tend to you very well.
When it was time to leave I again paid to be driven to the airport this time for a lower rate (400P) I had the van all to myself so that was enjoyable.

The area surrounding the hotel had a very shady feeling to it however I had no problems walking around at night, the people were friendly enough. Be sure to visit the Robinson Mall a few blocks away and the Mall of Asia right on the shoreline if you need...anything at all. If you must be in the area I do recommend this hotel but the nice places to visit are outside Ermita.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Yeez,

Greetings from BESt WESTERN Hotel La Corona Manila!

Thank you for your comments as through these feedback we will continue to learn more about our guests and will help us provide them with such impeccable service. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were rerouted to Manila after typhoons in Taiwan and made a last minute booking here for two nights to wait out the storm. Check in was fast though not super friendly. My credit card was already charged through agoda but the hotel staff said they needed to charge me a deposit. The area around the hotel is pretty dirty and creepy and there are signs everywhere telling you to be careful. Even the hotel staff told me not to go out at night alone. They told me the major sightseeing points were Rizal and Ocean Park. I went there with my boyfriend and it was almost unexcusable how run down it was. Ocean Park is a family-friendly aquarium but it was so rundown looking, even down to there being abandoned cars, street signs etc laying right outside the entrance. Not the hotel staff's fault, obviously but if you were looking forward to taking the family there (since it's within a 15 min walk), I recommend that you don't.

The room was pretty clean and the bed was a little firm but not impossibly so. TV was tiny and the buttons had all the labels worn off so I couldn't figure out how to change the channel or volume. I found the rooms to be quite big and the air conditioner worked well. The walls are VERY thin. I personally found it funny all the one night "couples" who come and go there but I think it would be disturbing for a family. They do have some sort of policy against it after a certain hour, I think. so, the noise tended to die down late at night and we didn't hear as much.

We were incredibly happy with the hotel restaurant because the food was quite good so we ate at it for dinner and breakfast once. The wait staff was not friendly AT ALL, however. There were not SO many people at the hotel so when we ate there for dinner around 7pm, we were the only ones there. So, when the waiter was very cold to us, it made us feel even more awkward.

The good point about the area is that Robinson's is only about a 15 minute walk away and it was a very nice mall. Clean, lots of dining options, etc. We found it impossible to get a taxi during Saturday. The hotel offered theirs but wanted a ridiculous price for only one trip. So, we thought we would take the train. What a mistake. We waited for 6 trains to pass and we couldn't fit in any of them it was so packed. Apparently, this is typical Manila for a Saturday. So, if you are here on a Saturday, just plan on going to Robinson's.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Iana190,

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlaroconamanila.com.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here one night while taking care of a little business in Manila. Room was clean and staff was nice. Had an ok buffet breakfast. However, they were doing some construction, so I go no rest during the day after a long flight the night before. No minibar or safe in my room.

Close to shopping and the US Embassy

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Addicted2Asia,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience brought about by our renovation. Rest assured that these improvements are being done to further improve our facilities.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Location:
The hotel is very conveniently located in Ermita city. The cab fare from the airport using metered airport taxi (flagfall of 70pp)was about 240pp. So, no need to use the prepaid 530pp option. From the hotel you can walk to the Robinson's place shopping mall very easily. Lots of places to eat and shop there.
Also within walking distance of Intramuros and Rizal Park on the other side.

The hotel lies on a jeepney route, which pass right in front of the hotel and goes to Baclaran or Taft MRT Terminals. So, for 8pp you can get to a train station or get fairly close to the airport or Makati

Rooms:
Decent, kinda on the smaller side. Should not be a problem if you do not intend to spend too much time in the room.

Food & Service : Fairly good. with the breakfast buffet having western (bread, croissant, eggs, bacon) & filipino options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear SauravDe,

Greetings from Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila!

Thank you for your helpful comments. We will be looking forward to seeing you again here on your next visit to Manila. If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona? Share your experiences!