“Better than my stay at Tune Cebu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tune Hotel - Ermita

You added Tune Hotel - Ermita to your Saves list
Tune Hotel - Ermita
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1740 A Mabini Street | Malate, Manila, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #18 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Cebu City, Philippines
“Better than my stay at Tune Cebu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Clean room, good bed and water pressure. No frills, easy to use and my favorite budget hotel by far. I didn't try the wi-fi, TV or toiletries since a clean bed and constant aircon suited my purposes for the trip. The area isn't "glamorous" but definitely "lively". If you have kids with you, keep them inside the hotel. The only hitch was that the glass sliding panel in the CR was missing so every time we took a shower the whole bathroom would be wet. The airconditioning also went out 12 hours too early. I had to get out of bed and go to the reception area. The receptionists weren't even apologetic, they just asked what room, turned the aircon back on and said "It's ok now". Well, it is a budget hotel after all so I didn't really expect everything to be perfect; we get what we pay for. I won't be staying in their Cebu hotel but I will be going back to the one in Ermita. Looking forward to Tune Makati.

Room Tip: Make sure you double check if they got your reservation right.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Tune Hotel Ermita has an excellent location on Mabini street, close to plenty of restaurants and bars. The room and bathroom are clean and efficient. The 7/11 on the ground floor serves all your needs, and the wifi connection is excellent! Excellent value for money hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Philippine Tune hotels seem to be located in red light areas, I am sure that is no coincidence. With the map, I found the hotel easily, but some local shopkeepers 100m away did not know of its existence. It is very walkable from Quirino LRT station, 15 minutes away, that is what I did. You are surprised when you first see it's it is huge, I have seen a large Tune hotel. The entrance is a long corridor passing a 7/11 full of useful items. Eventually you enter the guarded lobby, it is white but very very spartan, no paintings, this will become dirty quickly, I thought. My first impressions were average, not like the wonderful lobby in new Tune Hotel at Hat Yai with the enthusiastic receptionists. The Filipino receptionist scrutinised my passport and reservation far too long, she was overly suspicious and did not smile, I was a presentable foreigner, I hasten to add. I did not really blame her, working in a budget hotel in the red light area of one of the most dangerous cities in Asia warrants it. So she gave me a room on the top floor, when this happens, I usually think of 2 things, penthouse and towering inferno. I think that it was the 20th floor. I checked the fire escape on the floor, the doors were working and it seemed OK. The room was typical Tune, very white and clean, but there was no fan installed yet, so the air conditioning was free, maybe they would have accepted the cash if offered at reception, I am sure. Normally this is an extra. The water pressure was a little low, but I was surprised that it was pressurised and hot. The views were good near the lift of the big bad city. In the surrounding areas there are a few shops, a large Robinson's mall nearby, many clubs. I stayed in my room in the evening. A few small improvements can be made, I feel it was opened a few weeks ahead of the correct date. but staying in a new spick and span new hotel is one of life's pleasures particularly at 100 pesos a night opening offer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Malaybalay City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

It's affordable and very clean. Wifi signal is very excellent. Hopefully it would maintain the impression we had on our first stay. Don't forget to bring a map though, cabs are not yet too familiar with the hotel. Malls and restaurants are just around the place. I'm definitely going back :)

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Filipino receptionists are truly one of the best for their hospitality and warmness. Enjoyed my stay, its relatively near all establishments in Malate ---walking distance to the mall and gimik areas. A highly recommended place to stay. Affordable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bacolod, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I think 11am is too early to check out. Maybe 12pm is better. I have never payed for having my luggage in the hotel after i have checked out. That must be a part of the service. The staff is friendly and the hotel will be ok when its finished. If i am back in Manila i hope you have vacant room. Overall great experience.

Room Tip: Nice location near churches and mall.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tune Hotel - Ermita? Share your experiences!