“Customer Service Needs Improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Armada Hotel Manila

You added Armada Hotel Manila to your Saves list
Armada Hotel Manila
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2108 M.H. Del Pilar Street, Malate, Manila, Luzon 1004, Philippines (Formerly Centara Hotel Manila)   |
Ranked #20 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Tokyo
“Customer Service Needs Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Located on a rather shabby part of My H del Pilar in Malate, the Armada is comfortable but would be much improved if the customer service personnel upped their game. Very slow restaurant service and rather uninspiring and limited food choice marred the overall dining experience.

Front desk staff are helpful however, and managed to overcome the poor wifi reception on the top floors by using a booster.

• Stayed April 2013
ArmadaHM, Rooms Division Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are very sorry to hear that your visit here in Armada hotel Manila did not meet your expectations.
We have looked at all your comments and acted on them accordingly. We really appreciate your time for placing the review; in this manner we can improve our service better.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to being of service again in the very near future.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Hooks, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is the 3rd time we stayed at the Armada Hotel, and the rooms and staff where outstanding, one of the managers (Mrs. Maricar) will go out of her way to make your stay outstanding, all while being eight month pregant. This hotel is one of the best buys in Manila, the rooms, food, and pool are great. The housekeeper always did a great job cleaning our room (15 days) he would make animal shapes of our towels and set them on the bed, really cool looking. We will back next year, and good luck on the baby Mrs. Maricar.

Room Tip: The room facing the ocean are the best, great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We can’t wait to see you again here in Armada Hotel Manila. By that time, our Bar lounge is already open.
Please email me at rdm@armadamanila.com for your reservations.
Once again, Thank you and see you soon.

Sincerely ,
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

its a great hotel, very clean, helpful staff, maybe a little expensive for the phillipines, but equal to what a decent hotel costs in Canada, we stayed in the deluxe or superior rooms, and they were very large, nice bathrooms, great tubs for two people baths, nice showers, bed was very comfy, and has a flat screen tv. incudes buffet breakfast, which was tasty with lots of choices, rooftop pool which is awesome, we were on the 11th and 12 floors, so it was nice and quiet, air conditioning worked great, it was just a great stay all around.

Room Tip: ask for high up, and with the ocean view, you dont stay there for the view, but its nice to look out...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you most sincerely for having taken the time to offer your words of appreciation, we are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall experienced here in Armada Hotel Manila. We also like to thank you for appreciating the cleanliness of our rooms - we will ensure that we will maintain our good service to meet our guest satisfaction.
Once again thank you and hope to see you back soon.

Macau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great value hotel for a stay in Manila!
Great staff, large room, very clean, good breakfast and still have a small pool on the rooftop good enough to relax. wi-fi was also fast. Great for business travellers if you want to stay in the Boulevard area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your good feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Armada Hotel is a fresh refurbishment of an older property known as the Centara Hotel. The lobby is rather impressive for a property of this size….well lighted and contemporary decor. The reception staff were pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable.

The Deluxe Room I had was generously sized (large) and had a view of Manila Bay. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. Bathroom fixtures and amenities were sufficient and well planned.

I did not visit the fitness centre and cannot comment on it. The pool is rather small and the water looked a bit cloudy and I did not jump in.

Breakfast was adequate. I had bought a large soursop and left it with the staff in the coffee house so that I could have it for breakfast. When I came down for breakfast, I mentioned to the staff that the soursop was way too large for myself to finish off and thus offered half of it to the staff on duty. Later I was pleasantly surprised that they had kindly juiced some of the other half of the soursop for me.

The only major drawback is that the hotel is located on the fringe of the red light district. Certain pockets of the street are poorly lit and there were beggars hanging around. On one of the evenings, I had wanted to make some purchases at a convenience store at the end of the street and the security guard outside the hotel insisted that he walk me to the store and mentioned to me that I should call the hotel when I had finished so that he could escort me back. Eventually I did not call back to the hotel but walked back to the the hotel on my own…safely.

Nothwithstanding that, I had a wonderful stay here and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the highest floor possible at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel.
On your next visit you can also try our Thai Restaurant situated on top level. We also have Sensui Spa located on the the 3rd level, provides a world of peace and relaxation with five treatment rooms, adjacent to the SPA is the Fitness Centre that features the most modern workout equipment.
Once again, Thank you for your positive feedback it will inspire us more to improve better. For future reservations you may email me directly at rdm@armadamanila.com

Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My first trip to the Philippines. Stayed 14 days in Deluxe Room 9th floor looking over the Bay. Cant really fault Armada. Sometimes, I agree, the wifi was not consistent but that happens. All staff were exceptional and made the stay so pleasant. Room great, cleanliness great, service great, location - brilliant. News paper at my door each morning. Both restaurants very nice. Restaurant staff are welcoming and efficient. Breakfast buffet - just great for both western and asian visitors - catered nicely for all tastes. Next time Im in Manila I will stay at Armada - its my new home when Im there!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Bay - its a lovely view - higher the better. Ask the staff - they are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 14 days stay in our hotel and it is such a pleasure to receive compliments about our staff, cleanliness of our room and our buffet breakfast.
Your comments inspired us more to improve better.
Once again thank for sharing your thoughts, kindly email me for your future reservations at rdm@armadamanila.com .
See you soon.

Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I transferred here after one night at a different, cheaper hotel. I spent 5 nights in a deluxe room on the 12th floor, and felt that just about everything about the room was quite good. My sole complaint was that the wifi was just miserably slow throughout the hotel, and there were even dead spots in my room.

The location is less than lovely, but I came to realize that it was about on a par for Manila...which is to say, broken down.

The staff tried to be helpful, though the English of some of the front desk staff was frustratingly poor. Food throughout the hotel was overpriced, and it was frustrating that the only choice for breakfast was the $14 buffet (which was very good and more of a brunch or even lunch/dinner buffet). I think having available something..anything!...for a light breakfast would have been much better.

All in all, I thought it was a nice hotel, and but for the very poor wifi, I'd have called it excellent.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for appreciating our room. Rest assured we will relay your comments to our Housekeeping Team to inspire them more.
We regret that you encountered problems in our Wifi connection, we are currently upgrading to a higher version for a better Internet Access for all our guests.
Similarly, your comments about our breakfast have been already discussed to our Chef for a better improvement.

By the way, we are overwhelmed on your last visit here in Armada Hotel Manila and we hope to see you again, for your future reservations you may email me directly at rdm@armadamanila.com . I would be glad to assist you.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Armada Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!