“Great place in a time machine” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Filipino, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Manila
“Great place in a time machine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The place is located in the vicinity of the Malacanang palace so security is not of a concern. The restaurant is an old well maintained house typical of the spanish era which is perfect for those who wants a taste of serenity back in time. They have a number of private rooms on the 2nd floor. The food is alright, mostly Filipino dishes with a twist. Courteous staff and excellent service. Perfect for a romantic date.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Manila, Philippines
“Good food in cozy atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The restaurant with function rooms on the second floor is located in a historical building just opposite Malacañang Palace. It is surrounded by a lovely garden with tables, so if you are looking for a good al fresco dining place this is it! The cuisine is mainly Filipino with a touch of western taste. The shrimp mousse is a delicious starter and if you like beef try the bulalo cooked in a traditional style. Much to my surprise for a Filipino restaurant the espresso was excellent.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Second Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We came here on my daughter’s birthday and found it a bit packed. Thanks to the valet service, we didn’t have to worry about the parking and were led to a waiting room for a few minutes after which we were directed to the dining area. The place is an old house converted to a very peaceful restaurant. The truffle soup was delicious along with the main course of salmon and lamb caldereta. The service was also pretty good and so was the environment. The best thing for me was the setting of this place which actually made me feel like sitting at my own home. There’s something very enchanting about this place!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Antipolo, Rizal, Philippines
“Rewarding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was our second time at Casa Roces. My family was too accustomed in their discreet ambience that made us decide to come back. We were already bounded by our expectations but the good thing was Casa Roces never failed to impress us - from the exquisite food to the quality of the service the staff offers.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nagoya, Japan
“Hidden Gem and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was invited to dinner with friends old and new. I had no expectations, as I wasn't even told where we were going. We were taken into Casa Roces, and from the entrance, I knew I was in for a treat. Feeling rather under-dressed, I was worried I would embarrass myself. But Casa Roces is a casual place but with fancy decor.

The meals were a good size, very well presented, and very very tasty. Our party of 7 had an assortment, from fish to pasta to meats. Everyone enjoyed the meals, with no complaints. Mine was an excellent pork dish.

The service was good, reasonably timed, and quick to our call. The atmosphere was quiet, but not dead. There was no loud music, loud customers, and the lighting was not dim so that we couldn't see each other. Table space was excellent and not crowded. The table itself was large enough for comfortable space between each of us.

I look forward to coming here again!

• Visited May 2013