“Second Home” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Second Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We came here on my daughter’s birthday and found it a bit packed. Thanks to the valet service, we didn’t have to worry about the parking and were led to a waiting room for a few minutes after which we were directed to the dining area. The place is an old house converted to a very peaceful restaurant. The truffle soup was delicious along with the main course of salmon and lamb caldereta. The service was also pretty good and so was the environment. The best thing for me was the setting of this place which actually made me feel like sitting at my own home. There’s something very enchanting about this place!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Antipolo, Rizal, Philippines
“Rewarding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was our second time at Casa Roces. My family was too accustomed in their discreet ambience that made us decide to come back. We were already bounded by our expectations but the good thing was Casa Roces never failed to impress us - from the exquisite food to the quality of the service the staff offers.

• Visited September 2013
Nagoya, Japan
“Hidden Gem and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was invited to dinner with friends old and new. I had no expectations, as I wasn't even told where we were going. We were taken into Casa Roces, and from the entrance, I knew I was in for a treat. Feeling rather under-dressed, I was worried I would embarrass myself. But Casa Roces is a casual place but with fancy decor.

The meals were a good size, very well presented, and very very tasty. Our party of 7 had an assortment, from fish to pasta to meats. Everyone enjoyed the meals, with no complaints. Mine was an excellent pork dish.

The service was good, reasonably timed, and quick to our call. The atmosphere was quiet, but not dead. There was no loud music, loud customers, and the lighting was not dim so that we couldn't see each other. Table space was excellent and not crowded. The table itself was large enough for comfortable space between each of us.

I look forward to coming here again!

• Visited May 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Feels like home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

After the ballet recital of my 4-year old daughter in Resorts World, we decided to travel all the way to Malacanang to visit once again my favorite restaurant (due to proximity to our house and delicious food). I also like the homey ambiance of old Spanish style house. Very elegant yet so comfy.

We ordered all their salads, Oxtail Kare-Kare, callos, humba, pescado en salsa verde, chicken inasal and for desert malacanang frozen souffle.

I like their warm breaded goat cheese salad. It has that sweet and mildly sour taste that goes perfect with the arugula leaves. Since we're a big group, we had 2 orders of Kare-kare. It was delicious but the tenderness was not consistent. In one plate it was really soft but in ours it wasn't . That's why we didn't finish it. They also have Kare-kare risotto on that day as the chef special but I want the risotto a little bit drier. Their risotto is too soupy almost like arroz caldo. I don't know if it is intentionally baked like that. The pescado is just a baked cream dory. I like that one too. The callos, my hubby's favorite, was rich, creamy and very satisfying.

The Malacanang frozen souffle is good for 3-4 persons. It got mixed reviews from our group since it has a combination of lemon taste and ice cream but we all like the nuts that goes with it. I wish it was more creamy.

The servers were very attentive as well.

Compared with the other restos I've visited, the pricing of Casa Roces is a little on the high side but I think it's still affordable for most.

• Visited May 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Back in time !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Spent my 57th natal day with the family. The buffet prepared for us is good. My siblings and my pamangkins enjoy the bonding. It's good to have a place like this for us to experience the nostalgic moment of the past!

• Visited April 2013