“Expensive for what you get!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spiral

Spiral
CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard | Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, Pasay City, Manila, Luzon 1300, Philippines
(+63)2/5515555
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 698 Restaurants in Manila
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Making a splash when it first opened in 2006, Spiral’s dining innovations were a first in Asia and it became one of Manila’s most loved restaurants. Dining has never been the same again since. But the new Spiral proves that even a trailblazer can top itself with Sofitel once again taking destination dining to a whole new level.The new Spiral is divided into 21 dining ateliers. In France, an atelier is an artist’s special workshop, and in Spiral it is where secret recipes are masterfully prepared right before your very eyes. The range of cuisines is expansive and the attention and detail to each dish has the focus of an artisan.
Hong Kong
“Expensive for what you get!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Overall very nice but very expensive. At breakfast they serve the cheapest fruit. No mango, papaya, pineapples, etc. Just melon and dragon fruit. Very cheap!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pretoria, South Africa
“service is going down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants in Manila. But my recent visit there made me frown. The place looked too cramp. One of my friends ordered coffee ahead -- before we decided to go ala carte. Our group gave our orders and she reminded about her previous order of coffee. The food came there was no coffee. We finished our food and still there was no sight of her cup of coffee. She called to the nth time but nothing came. A german lady staff approached us and my friend told her that she has been telling almost every server who happens to get near our table but nothing came. Still half an hour after that -- no coffee came!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Mediocre service at a very high price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

This restaurant is located in the Sofitel Hotel, Manila and my family and I have been there many times in that past to eat. Last Saturday evening, the 3rd September I took my family there for the buffet and there were four of us. We sat down and waited 10 minutes and when the drinks list did not arrive we asked a waitress. When we ordered our drinks she obviously was not familiar with the menu as we had to point to the items to show her what we wanted. After a while the drinks came and the waitress seemed confused over what we had ordered as if she could not remember taking the order.

From then on the service was not good at all. The restaurant was so busy that they were running out of crockery and cutlery for the Buffet and we asked on more than one occasion for items but they never came. Small items like dishes for sauces and tea spoons were missing and a lot of people were asking the staff for these items.

We asked twice for another beer, twice for water for the table and at the end when we asked for the bill we asked for tea and coffee. It never came so we asked again and then paid the bill. We decided to leave and as we were getting up the tea and the coffee arrived. There was a French gentleman in a suit working there in the restaurant at that time so I assumed that he was the duty manager but he was so busy I decided to put this visit down to experience and we just left.

Considering that the bill came to USD 300 for the four of us, a sizeable amount of tax included as well as the cover charge and the one hour plus drive to get to the hotel on a Saturday evening, it was definitely not worth the expenditure. There are better priced hotels in Manila that offer more lavish and cheaper buffets and we shall have to have a justifiable reason to visit the Spiral Restaurant again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manila
“Good if buffet comes with your room, but otherwise is overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Husband and I ate at this hotel buffet last Sunday morning using a gift certificate given by a company. We last ate during our honeymoon in 2009 so the place is quite memorable. Is it just me, or the selections were not as massive as before? Considering the price (1500 pesos for breakfast if you're paying), I would at least expect a steak or smoked salmon, but there was none on offer that day. I spent my time getting grilled saba and salmon at the Japanese station. Other stations include Chinese, Filipino, appetizers, juices and desserts. One thing that stands out was a free-flowing champagne station where you can have bubbly from 7 to 10 a.m. Service was up to par and I liked the fact that they now serve their coffee using tall cups and an individual French press per table. I was also glad that they gave my hubby 50 percent off the price for being an American citizen (their promo of the month). I really just wish this buffet had more seafood, steak and fish selections, otherwise there's nothing that stands out. Not so worth it if you're paying the meal separately from your hotel room

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
singapore
“Limited Ala Carte selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had our meals in Spiral when we stayed for 2 nites at Sofitel Phil Plaza. As we are not fond of buffets, we opted for ala-carte. The selections are very limited, I guess the speciality is buffet setup. I love oglio olio, which they dont have in the menu. We were very glad that they accomodated our request. Pizza was nice, fresh from the oven, and the before meals bread (especially the soft rolls) were great! Overall, we love the ambiance and the very attentive service, although prices were on the steep side.

• Visited August 2011