“my family's first chinese restaurant and it was great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Fortune Seafood Restaurant

Golden Fortune Seafood Restaurant
Soler Branch: G/F Peace Hotel 1283 Soler St. Binondo, Manila | Kalaw Branch: 678 T.M. Kalaw St. Ermita, Manila, Manila, Luzon, Philippines (Chinatown)
244-2777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #286 of 766 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Chinatown
philippines
“my family's first chinese restaurant and it was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Went here yesterday 1.22.2012
1st was parking, its really hard to find parking places in this part of Manila, lucky enough we did, specially since it was almost Chinese New Year.

Anyways, regarding this resto. All the staff were well trained, they are fast and attentive in what you need, since there were many customers I applaud them for delivering the food fast. I was expecting to wait after we ordered the food but I think after a couple of minutes they where already setting up food in our table, I even told my mom that the table might be too small for the five of us because I was not expecting big servings in this resto, and they over heard the conversation, they wanted to transfer to a bigger table unfortunately all the tables were already taken... And they really want to make it happen. We said its okay so what happened was like a first class resto they waited for us to finish with our soups first even though they are ready to serve our main dish, we ordered lechon and tofu and noodles, and they were all pretty good for our taste, which I know varies from people to people. We really wanted to try Peking Duck that day, but we were told that they were already out of stock early in the morning. I guess that goes to show how delicious their food were. The tofu we ordered was really good, and the other viand as well, my dad tried a baked dish which I forgot but he cant eat meat so that might have seafood on it, he said it was really good. Another thing to comment in this restaurant is they are very affordable given their service and the taste of the food they serve. I wish all restaurants here are like them, good food, good staff and fair price.

I would recommend this for everyone, There are lot of food to choose from, meat, pasta, noodles, soups,so I believe anyone will enjoy. We only ordered simple dishes because we werent really too hungry. But we actually ended well fed, my brother order two extra rice and we cant even finish them off because the serving they had is really enough for all of us.

we will be back for sure!

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manila
“A wide choice of menu with great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This restaurant has been a staple for association meetings, celebrations, and simple our family dinners.

They often have a lot of special promos and discounts like their near-half price for dimsum starting 9pm. This restaurant serves Chinese food, dimsum, and even hot pot (shabu-shabu). We are vegetarian at least twice a month and this restaurant offers a wide array of vegetarian foods making sure we have a lot to choose from yet leaving us wanting for more.

They also serve special kind of dishes such as ostrich meat, crocodile meat, frog legs, rabbit stew, among others.

Tastes of each person vary, so it is up to you to try their dishes. Try them all one at a time, I'm sure you will enjoy your experience.

Don't forget to ask for a dessert after every meal - it's FREE! One for each person, even kids.

Also, if you 't use the moist towels (paper napkin) being distributed, return them in the first place, else be charged.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila
“Well worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Golden Fortune is well established and has another branch ihn Binondo but whereas parking is difficult there, it is no problem in Kalaw.

The menu offers a good range of food from rice toppings to choosing your own fish from one of the many fishtanks on the wall.

Shabu-shabu is a good choice to make but if you are in a hurry or eating on a budgetm then ask for the rice toppings menu.

Service is very good and there are a number of private rooms that can be reserved.

Undoubtedly, one of the best restaurants in Manila.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“True to the Taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

Experience the authentic chinese cuisine but affordbal to the budget. I enjoyed eating their rice topping (good for two). Choose any two toppings--a very filling meal already.

Try their fish fillet in black pepper sauce - oh so yummy. Their rice? Oh just like a california rice. Not to mention their complimentary soup. Its really tasty.

This resto is really true to the taste, more value for money and has a friendly staff to guide you as you order.