“A must for amateur like me” 3 of 5 stars

Intramuros, Manila, Luzon, Philippines
02-527-2887/6612 3352
Improve this listing
Manila, Philippines
“A must for amateur like me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

To test your long and short irons, this is the place. But the course needs a lot of improvement from the fairways to the greens......

All Over
“Still lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Played several rounds here over the last few weeks and it is sad to say that it appears to have gone backwards with the exception of the halfway clubhouse.
The boxes are not mown and covered in divots which have not been filled. Fairways not mown and holes and divots everywhere.
Greens appear to not be getting roller mowed as they are all over the place with holes in them.
Enough of the cutting of grass on fairway and toughs with edge trimmers, use mowers and let the ground staff start cleaning the course outer edges, repairing fences, painting, filling holes in fairways, removing rubbish.
Squatters around outside of the course have grown in numbers and so has the stench from them. Toilet at 5th tee house still a disgrace.
A positive is the half way house has been improved somewhat which is good to see.
What a pity this club is not maintained and run like a proper golf club as it really would be a gem if it was.

All Over
“Possibilites Abound”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

What a pity this course is not maintained properly. its close proximity ensures i play it regularly but it could be so much more than what it is. Challenging and fun yes. Poor overall course maintenance in particular the surrounding areas makes it look old and dirty. toilets are below basic, dirty, no basic hygiene items. Out of bounds nets missing in disrepair etc etc. Squatters and beggars around the perimeter make it less than appealing, dirty and smelly. Greens are reasonably well maintained but fairways need to be better mown with the correct equipment. course marshals need to be introduced to speed up the slow players that abound on this course making play slow and painful. Caddies generally are great and know how to read the greens well. As stated at the start don't expect anything great here just all basics here but this could be made into a real Jewell with the right management.

Visited November 2013
West Calder, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
“A little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was in Manila on business and hadn't planned to play golf. However with a free morning and with The Manila Hotel (where I was staying) right across the street, it didn't take too much thinking about and off I went.

I'm glad I did!

Ok, the starter hut, pro shop, clubhouse, all extremely basic, just expect it. The same with the rental sets, all quite old and past their best. But I turned up unannounced and they accommodated me straight away, but I would recommend you call and book, maybe I was just lucky.

I paid my 18 hole green fee, club hire and caddy hire, the entire cost was around £45 GBP which I thought very reasonable. Incidentally, I walked to the course from the hotel, it was further than I thought, about 25 mins to the first tee. The advantage was that I passed quite a few locals on the street who we selling rescued balls and I bought a pack of 10 decent balls for £2:00!! What's not to like?

So to the course, well, it's short, and whoever laid it out did a great job of squeezing 18 holes in to the piece of land. But the thing is, it was perfect for a morning fun round with no pressure. I hooked up with 2 other guys on the first tee, and after introductions, off we set.

Because the course is so short, there are quite a few holes where the tee shot has to be strategic. A lot of the holes are par 3’s and again, because they are short (between 100 and 150 yards) they've put a lot of water around them to make you concentrate.

Where there are par 4’s forget the driver, at almost every single one, my caddy didn't tell me how long the hole was, she told me how far it was to the front of the water. It's that type of course, really strategic.

Overall, a par 66, but that's only because their longest hole is listed as a par 5, at 385 yards from the middle tees, it would be a par 4 on every other golf course.

The greens were surprisingly good, a little slow, but true on the line.

In summary, I had a really fun morning trying to think my way around the course rather than booming my driver, I was hitting my irons well (I play off 9 handicap at home) and because of that, I scored well and went round in scratch 71. It could have been better (couldn't it always) as I chose to ignore my caddy twice, went with the driver and of course dumped it in the water.

For a lighthearted round with no pressure, I'd recommend it. If you are looking for a serious 18 holes, this isn't it.

One further tip, it might be basic, but they were going to turn me away for not having a collared polo shirt, took me a few minutes to convince them to let me play.

Visited July 2013
nygel6
12 attraction reviews
“NICE AREA FOR NIGHT GOLF!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The night golfing is good... The Sinigang na baboy in the clubhouse cafe is excellent... everything else is just ugly and crumbling... hope they fix everything

What a waste... If the Intramuros Admin could be given more government support they can make this place useful yet tourist will flock and earn more for the govt...a crumbling building with no attraction to the young... sayang.. they can convert the whole Intramuros into something more than just old walls and buildings and yet retain the history...LESS SQUATTERS AND BEGGARS in the area for starters so you wont feel unsafe as a tourists!!!