“Great stay at H20 and Ocean Park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Announcement
Holiday Packages!
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Tramore, Ireland
“Great stay at H20 and Ocean Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

My Wife, baby (newborn, 6 weeks old) and I stayed at the H20 hotel for two nights from Jan 16th - 18th.
We were travelling from Ireland and going onwards to Iloilo, we decided to stay at H20 as my wife wanted to visit the Ocean Park. It made sense to stay at the hotel within the park.

We arrived into Manila on the Etihad flight at 10pm, we got a taxi to the park/hotel form there. The hotel itself is inside the park complex but they have a greet point outside just after the park steps. We were dropped off there and told to go into the park to the hotel reception. We left our bags there and they had someone come down to bring them up to the hotel and our room for us.

We stayed in an Aqua room. I had originally booked a normal parkview room but changed it to the Aqua as I thought it would be good to try it out as it was quite a unique feature. When we got there the lights in the fish tank were off as it was late. Lights are turned on automatically between 7am - 9pm I think it was. But waking up to it with the lights on was pretty cool and different.

Size wise the room wasn't that big (but not too small either), if you like rooms with lots of space this wouldn't be for you. The bathroom area was of nice size, big mirror infront of sink area, complimentary toiletries provided (sampoo, soaps, toothbrush, toothpaste, shower caps, slippers, etc) and a nice sized walk-in shower. We had a large queen sized bed, very comfortable and we slept very well there. Aswell as that there was a safe, minifridge (with complimentary 2cans of coke and two bottles of water, refilled each day and also packs of crips and nuts), a kettle with tea and coffee provided and a nice flatscreen TV.

Buffet breakfast was included in out stay, we ate that at the hotel restaurant, very Filipino style food, there are also other items not on the buffet tables that can be made to order (like eggs) at no extra charge. We enjoyed the food, no complaints and were very full for the rest of the day.

Location wise as stated previously it is inside the Manila Ocean Park, so it's ideal if you are planning to visit the park. It is also across the road from Rizal National Park, short walk, great for a morning stroll after breakfast. Also nearby is Manila Bak (another great place to walk) and for the shoppers the SM Mall of Asia is a quick taxi ride away. Small tip is going to the Mall of Asia, the park has a shuttle service but you'd be better off to just get a regular taxi as you'll save some money.

We had a great stay at H20, I would go back if I was planning on staying in the same area in the future. Staff were great, very polite and helpful.
Only issue was you could hear if people were making noise outside or near your room, was a bit louder than would be normally expected. But as I mentioned previously the beds were so comfortable we just fell asleep anyway with no issue.

Another tip, if you are changing money into peso, don't do it at the hotel reception. There is a money changer called Moromax in the mall area of the park downstairs you'll get a better rate there.

I've uploaded some pictures attached to this review and also a video on youtube showing the outside of the park/hotel and our Aquaroom which can be viewed here

The park itself was very good, we saw most exhibits, the Fish Spa, Sea Lion Show were great but the best part was the amazing Water Fountain Show in the evening, must see.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

First of all, I will say that the staff was cordial but other than that, vrtually everything about this hotel was second class. I booked an ocean view room with queen size bed for my 3 night stay. After I was taken to my room, I was told they only had double bed rooms but if I wanted to pay more they would upgrade me to a room with a queen bed. When I showed my displeasure and explained that I had booked and paid for a queen, nothing was done or even offered. The walls between the rooms were thin as paper and there was a 2 inch gap under the bottom of the door so we could also hear everything, I mean everything that went on in the hall way. Maintenance people woke us up at 6am to check the air conditioner.
We didn't have a bathrrom per se, one corner of the room was separated by glass and that served as the shower and water closet. By the way, the fully stocked mini bar had 2 complimentary cokes in it, nothing else. Hotel charged a fee to exchange dollars to pesos. Second class all the way. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Stayed here with my parents, wife and toddler. My Mom had no problem booking two deluxe aqua rooms. It's a one stop entertainment for kids. And It was our first time to sleep with fishes!

Pros:
> Easy access to the Oceanarium. It's just outside the hotel lobby at the ground floor.
> Room was clean and modern. LCD TV. Remote control sliding curtain for the aquarium. Watching the fishes was quite relaxing. My toddler enjoyed as well!
> Bathroom with rain shower and glass doors.
> Some choices of fast food during Oceanairum open hours
> Gym has 2-3 treadmills, free weights, and some machines for legs, backs, arms, etc. with relaxing ambiance.
> Hotel staffs were accommodating
> Tried the hotel's Moon Dining (not exactly sure of the name) beside the bay. The view was romantic. Food was ok.
> Food in the hotel restaurant is not that spectacular. But good to see My, Sg, and Th dishes in the menu.
> Business center has 3-4 computers (I guess) you can use (with free internet access)

Cons:
> Swimming Pool is in the Water/Fountain show area. It's outside the hotel so you need to bring your swimming stuffs and walked 2-5 minutes in the public area with all the people staring (if you are in trunks only).
> Parking is 5-10 minutes from the hotel lobby and it's open parking. Hotel guests have designated parking area
> Room was small for the price, I think it's around 35 sqm

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

been here last year. for me this is the owrst hotel i have tried. aside from the parking is very very far, the way to the main lobby is terrible - plenty of dirt and no shed in case of rain. The staff are very amatuer and un proffessional plus the room is very very small for the price it is being sold. breakfast is in one of the fastfood resto inside the complex which only offers very limited choices. I even found hain in my food.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

1. I booked through Agoda for a Bay View room. I was placed on 3rd Floor. I thought I could get higher floor as requested :( Anyhow.. the view overlooking the big ocean of Manila Bay was great, and romantic :)

2. The room was clean, spacious, beautifully and modernly decorated; the bed was comfy and plush.

3. Snacks and soft drinks are complimentary. Wifi also complimentary but only 1 (one) user could use it.

4. The only CONS about this room is, the glass door for bathroom and toilet (separated). Oh well, perhaps I'm a traditional type of person, so this feature makes me feel uncomfortable and disturbs my privacy.

5. One more CONS actually, and it's about the service. They should hire a telephone operator or reception to pick up calls (guests need). I called the cafe to order breakfast (at about 8 AM) but no one answered. I called the front desk and the guy asked me to call the cafe again. I said no one answer my call, and the front desk staff told me to try again??? ugh!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

ROOM:

We were at Parkview. So it's overlooking on the Lion Show, and Dancing Lights/Fountain.
Room is really magnifico. Aqua theme. YOu can tell that the hotel is stil new by just smelling.

LOCATION:

A very wise location if you want your family to enjoy. Oceanarium is just within reach. Restaurants are there too like Pancake House.

FOOD:

Was ok alright. But needs more variations for a standard 5 star Hotel. Waiters and Waitress are very attentive. Minus the "man-in-charge" who've been yacking and yacking to his staffs. He should have done it after work ours if he has concerns with them.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
cavite
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

It was my second time to check-in at Hotel H2o and there are many improvements in terms of their breakfast buffet. The food was actually good and a variety to choose from. The service was also impressive esp. the front office staff. One of the things that i love in this hotel is their free WIFI in the respective rooms as well as the common areas. I wish that they can improve on their walkways esp. leading to the hotel since the park can get a large number of visitors esp. school tours, making it a little bit difficult to go in and out of the facility.

All in all, Hotel H2o is one of the most promising new hotels in Manila. I will definitely go back and visit.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!