“nice hotel, horrible restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

Save Saved
You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
Family Diamond Package!
Ranked #11 of 103 hotels in Manila
Bad Zurzach
“nice hotel, horrible restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Very new designer hotel with nice rooms, clean, good ideas for bathroom, we feeled well. But do not go in the restaurant or bar!!! Restaurant has the atmosphere and quality like mc donnalds, very noisy, sometime you get your meal on plastic plates, if you are a couple you get your meal not to the same time, be happy if you get what you ordered... so, our advise, staying in the hotel is absolutly ok, but for dinner or breakfast go outside.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

522 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Houma Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Very poor experience from the moment arrived. The area is far from anything to beging with and when you arrive you realize the hotel and aquarium is still under construction. It moves on to trouble with the desk service in that they required a printed copy of travel intenary (note this booking was done via expedia). After 20 minutes their business center finally got their printer to work. We arrive from Palawan at noon and in fairness could understand the rooms would not be available to 2pm so we had lunch. Only to return to them (inspite of now having a print out of the Expedia itenary) have only one room available when the trip was booked for two rooms. After again fumbling about for 30 minutes another room was found to match the booking.

Aqua room with Bay view reserved. Nice views, room ok size. However, when you shower the drains in the bath are non-existing in such that the shower and toilet area are flat and the drain is higher in the corner. Thus the bedroom floods when you shower. The air conditioner sounds like a lawn mower constant running in the room and took almoust 1 1/2 hours to cool the room to 23C.

All hype, facial frontage but fails to deliver any redeeming values. Try to avoid the mistake we made

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010 via mobile

I was very hesitant to go back to PI for vacation but when I tried out this hotel with my mother my vacation turned out better then I expected...Hotel H2O had friendly and hardworking staff....they assisted us with our luggages, provided transportation and prices for those were well worth it then trying to catch one outside on our own, we were greeted everyday with good morning ands good evenings, hotel even provided us with soft drinks, snacks n coffee already included, not the mention the room with the aquarium was BEAUTIFUL....they keep inside and outside of the hotel very clean. There was many things to do just downstairs of the hotel and the Friday light show was amazing....I would definitely go back to this hotel for vacation again!!!

• Stayed December 2010
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

We booked an aquarium room for two nights before we traveled to our beach resort. It was out first time in Manila so had no idea what to expect. We loved the room with the beautiful aquarium which was extremely clean and the bathroom was modern. It's a little isolated and so the first night we ate at the Half Moon Bar overlooking the bay. Breakfast could have had a little variety but there was certainly the opportunity to try some Filipino breakfast specialties. We easily logged into the free wifi and were given good directions as to what to do and where to go. The entrance was a fair way from the drop off point but it didn't bother us as we had no expectations. Overall the experience was good and really was a special experience with the aquarium in the room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Was in for biz. The room was nice, water temp of the shower was constant, design was slick but the service was horrible, internet was slow and room service menu was not in the room.
Although it was nice of them to allow us to extend our stay for a couple of hours because the internet was so slow (definitely not ideal for mobile office). Since it was taking so long to download our data from the server. We decided to nap. As we got our sleep, housekeeping called, woke us up and asked if we would like to have the room cleaned. I was a bit upset and I told them that we don't need it since we will be leaving at 6pm. And to think that they shouldn't be bothering since we didn't put up the sign at the door. We let the incident pass but the most unbelievable thing happened after a couple more mins. We were falling back to sleep when the door bell rung, just once, as I was about to get my coat, a guy opened the door and nearly came in the room. We were shocked and I screamed. To have a stranger just barged in the room in a hotel with just 2 ladies was really shocking. I have been to a lot of hotels and all but this was the worst. To have one's privacy and security violated takes the cake. The guy explained that he was from housekeeping and he was there to check on the room. I told him to check with front desk because I was there before lunch to pay for the additional hours we require. After he left, I reported it immediately to CS. I told them the incident and expressed my anger to why our extension was never coordinated.
At check out, it seems that they didn't know about the incident because they never apologize and I saw the same guy who barged in the room was the staff assigned to check it.
It shows that some of the staff lack the use of their common sense.. The only staff that I found competent was the bell boy who helped me when I arrived and the front desk staff at that time who I coordinated for the extension.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Hotel is 15 minutes away from the airport (45minutes if you're stuck in traffic!), within the Manila Ocean Park. Front desk staff are friendly enough but rather slow. Stayed in standard room overlooking the pool. One fault with the room was the opaque toilet/shower doors! Also, If you were in your room, it was a bit of an inconvenience having to turn your lights off and keep curtains closed during evening fountain show, which incidentally is fantastic. Breakfast is ok.

Tip - Get a taxi independently from outside the Park to the airport. Arrange for a fixed price of about P200.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Cebu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

After getting married for five years, my kind of place to go was pegged to a standard that I need the baby stroller to fit or would the kids love the place. When a friend mentioned about this hotel h2o,, i thought it's called a water hotel coz of it's name, i was hesitant at first since I feel that a good hotel and kids does not mix. Once I tried it and entered the place, oooh my.. my kids loved it together with me and my wife Ritz.. The aqua rooms, the friendly staff, the sunset at the clublounge was fantastic. Just by staying in the lounge, you get a good view of the Manila Bay.. The hotel has a nice spa, the staff and the manager in the spa was very helpful..Dr. Eric Tan was his name.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!