“I love this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel H2O

You added Hotel H2O to your Saves list
Hotel H2O
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Luneta (Behind the Quirino Grandstand), Manila, Luzon 1000, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Manila
Tokyo, Japan
“I love this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I really love this hotel, its like you are on a ship. We book the aquarium room for 2 days. Its really great, but the swimming pool is kinda small and its located outside the hotel. I hope they will put jollibee coz i kinda love eating there. The toilet was nice but it only has one door so its kinda creepy when you book and sleep there with your friends. But i really love this hotel. Will surely book again someday after i try another hotel

Room Tip: Get the aqua room, its kinda relaxing looking the fish inside the room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience during your stay at Hotel H2O.

It is such a delight to know that you had a good experience and particularly enjoyed the aqua room; it is one of the top features of our hotel.

We regret to know that you encountered some inconveniences with regards to the bathroom.

We would love to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I booked two nights only to find out that they would refuse my fiancee to arrive at the hotel before me. I contacted Carla at reservations and informed her that my flight did not reach manila until that night and my fiencee would arrive there earlier. I provided a copy of my passport and a statement that she was authorized to represent me. Carla, said it was hotel policy that who makes the reservation has to be the first to arrive or they would make my fiancee sit outside on the street with her bags until i arrived. Even though they would charge my credit card if i did not cancell 24 hours prior , Carla flatly refused to accommodate my needs and i had to cancel the reservation and book with a hotel that understands the needs of travelers with family in the philippines. I will not consider this hotel in the future due to their policy that endangers others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts and with us. What we aim for is the highest comfort and satisfaction of our guests.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had during your reservation. We do allow check-in of the guest companion prior to the arrival of the registered guest when an authorization letter and valid ID is submitted. We are very sorry that you were badly informed by our staff. We assure you that this is not of our standard and that necessary actions have been taken to address the concern.

We hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you again in the future.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

we booked an aquarium room. I really love the aquarium wall and the bed is nice. although the reception is a bit unfriendly. Also we expected the swimming pool to deeper and wider from the name of the hotel itself. The toilet is not flushing, we called the reception twice and they sent a mechanic who said he fixed it but no. In the morning, we really need to use the toilet so we called again and this time he fixed it.

The worst thing happened is that we were going to Mall of Asia and needed a taxi. We went to the reception and they called a taxi but it was horrible. He don't have a meter and asking 200 pesos. The hotel should find a good taxi driver who uses meter and someone who does not ask for mandatory tip. I love to give tips but I hate persons who ask for it.... Going back to the hotel, we found a good taxi driver but I lost his number.

Room Tip: Ask for a good taxi with meter. Aquarium room is very good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your review. We have noted your concern about the receptionist, the pool and all your other comments. We would like to express our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We would like to assure you that what transpired is not standard of our service, we have acted on them accordingly to ensure future visits will be better handled.

Thank you as well for giving inputs on the areas we can improve on. I have taken note of your comments regarding the taxi driver. I have already shared your concern to our Front Office Manage and Security Manager, we already have an action plan to address these concerns.Rest assured that we will always look at improving the services we provide to our valued guests.

It was our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you again for to accommodate you on your future travel needs.
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times during my trips to Manila since 2012. Service level has always been inconsistent. Recently, I travelled with my wife and child and stayed for one night. Originally, I planned to stay for two nights if not for the cancelled flight due to the typhoon.

I called up a day prior to my arrival to confirm my reservation with a pre-paid voucher purchased some months ago through an online website. I was assured that my reservation has been “guaranteed” even though the hotel has not received payments through the online agent. During check-in at about noon, there were two front office personnel serving two customers who were ahead of me. I waited about 10 minutes before another customer cut my queue and demanded a check-out right away. Ms Sarah, who obviously knew that I was the next-in-line indicated that she would like to serve him first before me which I objected since it I should be dealt with first. I presented the hotel voucher and upon some verification, Ms Sarah demanded that I should pay for the room stay since they have not received the payments from the online agent. I reckoned it was not fair on my part since I dealt with the agent and any concerns the hotel had should be dealt with the agent concerned. Ms. Sarah requested me to wait for another 5-10 minutes while the hotel contact the agent to sort things out. I waited for a good 20 minutes before I approached Ms Sarah to follow up on the matter since she had not gotten back to me as promised, and I was hinted that I should continue waiting since “official check-in time is actually 2pm”. I requested to speak with the Manager. After another 10 minutes of waiting, Ms Arlene, Ms Sarah’s superior approached me and sang the same tune. I insisted that she should be professional about it and dealt with the agent instead of putting me at risk of making duplicate payments. I was made to wait for another 15 minutes while she verified with the travel agent before she finally offered us a welcome drink. Soon, another Ms Rochelle, the Reservations Manager showed up with Ms. Arlene to verify my credit card used for the payment with the agent. Professionally, the hotel should either honor my voucher or not honor my voucher instead of making me wait for 2 hour and a half before finally assigning me a room. In which case if they chose not to honor it, I would have left and contact the agent.

Upon entering the room, we noticed a horrible stench which gradually dissipated after the AC was turned on for 20 minutes. The room was poorly maintained with mould manifesting on the wash basin’s counter-top and edges in the bathroom floor. There were stains on almost all the towels in our room. We left the hotel and returned in the late evening, when my wife requested two bathrobes for the both of us. After waiting for more than half hour, we finally had to remind the front office again regarding our request. After waiting for another 15 minutes, the housekeeping staff finally arrived with two bath towels instead. We then called up again to remind the staff to send us what we needed and waited for another 10 minutes before the bathrobes arrived. My wife, who used to work at the supervisory level in a five- star hotel, was appalled when she discovered that one of the bathrobes were actually used and still damp even though it was folded impeccably. We notified the Front Office and complained about the matter. After about 10 minutes, a housekeeping staff delivered a clean bathrobe to our room. Not soon after, we received a call from the Front Office offering us a “late checkout” for the “inconvenience caused”, which we declined. In the wee hours of the morning at about 2 am, we were woken up by the stuffiness in the room as the compressor of the AC has ceased working. As a matter of fact, it has occurred several times before during our previous stays here as well. We waited till about 8 am in the morning when we notified the front desk to send a technician to inspect the problem. The technician arrived and said he would look into it. We went for breakfast. The breakfast was tasty with a good selection of Asian dishes. When we walked passed Ms Sarah at the front office desk on our return to the room after our breakfast; she saw us walked passed as though we were transparent but greeted another guest behind us. This was another clear display of unprofessional behavior and bad attitude of the front office staff. Finally, at our checking out at noon, the AC problem was still not fixed.

Even though the hotel still maintains its modern interior décor, it is poorly maintained with few amenities. The 50 meter swimming pool which we were once told it was closed due to renovation is now non-existing to make way for other attractions for the Ocean Park. In the evening, getting a taxi could be problematic unless you do not mind the stares of suspicious- looking homeless dwellers and beggars by walking along the mainly isolated, dimly-lit street leading out to the main road 15 minutes away.

I am not expecting that the staff to go the extra mile or exceed my expectations but at least act professionally with a smile. If you are easily impressed by the superficial interior décor and cannot be bothered by incompetent staff with poor service attitude and do not fancy any family-friendly outdoor pool activities, then you are sure to enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Hotel H2O.

I would like to apologize for the disappointing experiences you had, one of which is the air-condition in your room that malfunctioned, Our Engineering Department ensures the regular check-up of the air-condition in our guestroom and we are very sorry that it was not able to function properly in during your stay.

We are committed in providing each guest with a memorable experience. However, it is with deep regret to learn that service in the reception did not meet your expectations. Please allow us to express our sincere apologies for the unbecoming attitude of the staff on duty. This is not the standard of our service, and have dealt with the concerned departments to ensure this is acted upon right away. Rest assured we are taking this constructively.

We have taken note of other concerns you raised and proper action is done right away to avoid similar incident in the future.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of better service to you in the near future.
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

March this year we were in Manila for a week. Some business and some romance. It is a family hotel with an aquatic theme. Downstairs many shops, eats and full blown aquatic shows. We did not have much time for that but there were plenty of folks coming in for the day. We had a great stay with the foods, shops etc.Our Bay Room hung out over the bay. The room came with a buffet breakfast every morning that we looked forward to every day. It was great lots of variety all cultures. Staff was very friendly and always had a table waiting for us. I am not a big fan of Manila but staying here made it easy to take. Our next stop was Boracay.

Room Tip: Bay rooms at each end were the best and most quiet as there was some nightlife downstairs outside re...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodation and the service of our staff. Your feedback will be shared with the rest of the team.

We look forward to providing you with another excellent experience on your next visit to the Hotel H2O.
Newark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am a person who hates staying in hotels, and usually finds things to complain about. This hotel is perhaps the best I have ever stayed !! The staff are extremely friendly and efficient.. from the check in to the housekeeping.. the rooms are very modern and spotless, the Wifi works with no problems. I stayed for two nights , and it was worth every penny spent !! I slept like a baby, and the view from the bayview was fantastic... I will definately be returning to this hotel , and telling my friends about it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you appreciate everything about the hotel, from the rooms to the staff service and amenities

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation and we would love to have the pleasure of serving you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Check-in is quite slow. We arrived at night and find it creepy due to the hotel reception is on the 3rd floor with only a few hotel personnel.

Rooms are beautifully designed. The size is enough while the bathroom is totally made of smoke glass. I like the modern effect and the smell of the room. It is neatly done with complete toiletress provided.

Food. They serve the most delicious breakfast. The selections were plenty. The taste were great. Personnels are friendly both to locals and foreigners. I like the way they treat their guest.

Staff. Professionals and friendly. They put a smile on their face to cheer your day.

In totality, a great hotel to stay to. I will be back together with my family. Love their place.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you had an overall pleasant experience in our hotel particularly due to the service that you received from my colleagues. We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread we have at Makan Makan Asian Food Village, as well as the other facilities.

We hope to welcome you again at Hotel H2O.

Been to Hotel H2O? Share your experiences!